forum

[Archived] Pressing both keys only registers one click

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
buny
What title says, pressing Z/X at the same time will only register one click.
The key overlay will still show K1/K2 as being hit, but only one of them will register.

This has only started happening ever since I upgraded my pc at the start of this year.

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
winber1
double tap works fine for me, you just have to time it right.

what it looks like it that you are hitting the first note on time, but you are hitting the second note way too early, thus it counts it as a miss (not that you didn't press the note at all). If you double tap a little after you are supposed to tap the first note, it should register both hits, assuming OD is at a sufficient level. Also, the slower the song, the harder it is to double tap correctly, especially with higher OD.

Alternatively it could just be a problem on your side, in which case I have absolutely no idea why this would happen.
Topic Starter
buny

winber1 wrote:

double tap works fine for me, you just have to time it right.

what it looks like it that you are hitting the first note on time, but you are hitting the second note way too early, thus it counts it as a miss (not that you didn't press the note at all). If you double tap a little after you are supposed to tap the first note, it should register both hits, assuming OD is at a sufficient level. Also, the slower the song, the harder it is to double tap correctly, especially with higher OD.

Alternatively it could just be a problem on your side, in which case I have absolutely no idea why this would happen.
Sorry I should have used a stream map as an example, but it's definitely not a case of hitting it too early.

Do you use a mechanical keyboard also? I assume it has something to do with hitting the keys at exactly the same time, resulting in only 1 of them to actually register
winber1
I've tried with a stream, and sometimes I can clear it and sometimes I just miss, but I'm assuming that I miss because I suck dick at double tapping. If you are talking about EXACTLY the same time, I can't physically even do that lmao, but I am trying to get it as exact as possible, though I have not seen anything out of the ordinary yet.

But that's just what I'm seeing and feeling when I try.
Topic Starter
buny
Yeah, exactly the same time - an easy way to try is just put your finger between two keys and press them, but even when I did it like that on my old pc it always registered both of them.

Oh well, I guess that's one way of stopping myself from using scrub techniques
Topic Starter
buny
:(

Doesn't happen with mouse, probably because I can't hit both at same time
drum drum
What benefit does double tapping even have...?
If they register as one click that would be the most logical occurrence
Topic Starter
buny

drum drum wrote:

What benefit does double tapping even have...?
If they register as one click that would be the most logical occurrence
Playing 280+bpm maps, it is insanely hard to compensate the lack of speed if you fall behind; double tapping allows you to still get 300s since both clicks are in the time window

And if that is the most logical occurrence, then the most logical fix would be to balance it for players that aren't affected by this.

It is also insanely frustrating when I mishit stacks and my 2nd click doesn't register
drum drum
Since they are 2 events triggered simultaneously I don't think they would work like that unless you actually have 2 notes on the same tick.
Topic Starter
buny

drum drum wrote:

Since they are 2 events triggered simultaneously I don't think they would work like that unless you actually have 2 notes on the same tick.
Even 2 notes on the same tick, it won't register both clicks
Topic Starter
buny
This was fixed for like a month, and now registers only one click again since about last week

a better example

http://puu.sh/cV9E4/aedd6d8c93.mp4
drum drum
Pulling out of resolved by request of OP
peppy
I almost agree with only one press registering in cases like this.
MillhioreF
I've experienced this in the past, but I can't replicate personally. What graphics/input settings are you using?
Topic Starter
buny

peppy wrote:

I almost agree with only one press registering in cases like this.
it was fixed about a week after i posted this thread, im not too sure why it unfixed itself unkess it was intentional
i agree with your pov on the matter, but there are still special occasions where there is usefulness for this (such as compensating lack of speed, or forgetting to use your second finger and ending up pressing both keys at the same time)

MillhioreF wrote:

I've experienced this in the past, but I can't replicate personally. What graphics/input settings are you using?
directx 1600x900 res windowed unlimited fps
ill try using different settings when i get back

nothing changed