forum

[duplicate] Spun out not doing well?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gemini1121
Problem Details:
When I use spun out, the best I get is 50 points or a miss. am I doing something wrong here?

50 points after using spun out.

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
R3DxFOX
For every spinner? Maybe it's for really fast spinners, where it doesn't have enough time to do even a full spin.

- R3D
Topic Starter
Gemini1121
I've seen previously that the spun out used to spin without trouble, Normally giving you the best possible result. I would make a video, but my computer appears to be having a sloppy day today. :( (Do you like choppy videos?)
buny
spun out spins incredibly slow
R3DxFOX
[removed]
drum drum
t/241178
Already reported.
Topic Starter
Gemini1121
Is there a solution to this? Could I have messed up in the settings or something? And is this client-side or developer-sided?
Bara-
SU always spins at 286 rpm right?
Maybe that's not enough (High OD/Short spinner)
TheVileOne
Spun Out needs to be improved at some point. It should always complete the spinner if it is possible. Since it's spun out, I doubt that the difference in score will make a difference.
Topic Starter
Gemini1121

TheVileOne wrote:

Spun Out needs to be improved at some point. It should always complete the spinner if it is possible. Since it's spun out, I doubt that the difference in score will make a difference.
you and I are the same in this regard:
None of us like to miss a note. In other words, at least some of us want to get better. I was using spun out because I'm no good at spinning myself. I thought 'How about I use spun-out? Yeah! Great idea! I won't miss my spinners then!" BANG! the computer corrects me.

Do I sound like I'm debating? or did I at some point?
[ -Harasho- ]

baraatje123 wrote:

SU always spins at 286 rpm right?
Maybe that's not enough (High OD/Short spinner)
SO spins at 286, but it takes like 2.5 seconds to get that speed, thats why in very fast spinners it just fail
drum drum

Gemini1121 wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

you and I are the same in this regard:
None of us like to miss a note. In other words, at least some of us want to get better. I was using spun out because I'm no good at spinning myself. I thought 'How about I use spun-out? Yeah! Great idea! I won't miss my spinners then!" BANG! the computer corrects me.

Do I sound like I'm debating? or did I at some point?
>talks about improving and decides to use spun-out
You, my good sir, have just contradicted yourself. Seeing as spun-out apparently spins at a fixed rate it will obviously not complete every spinner. Auto is neither better nor worse than a human player.

Bad at spinners? Spun-out won't make you any better. Play maps made to train spinning.

TheVileOne already stated that spun-out needs to be improved at some point. Now it is only a matter of time.

Please be as patient as possible.
Topic Starter
Gemini1121
(Last update for osu was august right? I hope Peppy's working on this). Well I'll just have to wait. I haven't seen peppy around, though. Is he OK?
Bara-

Gemini1121 wrote:

(Last update for osu was august right)
Latest update was yesterday ;-;
Oinari-sama

Gemini1121 wrote:

(Last update for osu was august right? I hope Peppy's working on this). Well I'll just have to wait. I haven't seen peppy around, though. Is he OK?
Last standard Stable build was Aug 14.

To access newer build you need to either use the test build (supporter only) or try the New release system testing version.

peppy's been battling with database issues lately (more urgent than any requests), but he'll be back :)
TheVileOne
This is not very easy to fix. It might be awhile before I come up with a fix or I could find a solution very soon.
buny
So how exactly is this a bug if it's been like this for years?
Unless I'm missing something here, spunout always spun at 286.
[ -Harasho- ]
i think the SO rpm its ok (286), the problem here its that the SO takes like 2.5 seconds to get 286 rpm and thats why it fail some spuns, it should be instantaneous 286 rpm
MillhioreF
Due to the way spinner momentum works, this is much more complicated to fix than it looks. A similar root cause is why this exists: t/203456
buny

afentus wrote:

i think the SO rpm its ok (286), the problem here its that the SO takes like 2.5 seconds to get 286 rpm and thats why it fail some spuns, it should be instantaneous 286 rpm
I'm pretty sure it has always been like that, and OP claims that spun out used to spin at the BEST result.
I just tried spunout on a couple maps and it still gets 286 and passed medium length spinners with a few thousand points.

The momentum buildup is the same with auto and manually spinning too.
show more