forum

[Archived] Beatmap Download isn't working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs
Problem Details:
Since 3 days I'm not able to download beatmaps from the osu homepage.
When I start the download it is very slow(between 7h-32h predicted download time) and after 2-3min the download stops.

I already checked:
- The problem only appears on this homepage, other downloads operate normal
- I restarted my computer many times until now
- I used different internet browsers
- It happens with every map I try to download(no matter what category)
- If a friend sends my a map folder or an osu file I can insert it to the game normally
- I cleared cookies and cache

I don't know why this is happening and only happening when I try to download something from the osu homepage.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

1. Download with a unnatural long download time(more than 7h)
2. The file wasn't downloaded correctly after the download was canceled(only 17kb of 6,9mb were downloaded)
3. Of course the file isn't complet and osu can't open it

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
drum drum
You can do any of the following
  1. Disable/uninstall your antivirus
  2. Make sure firewall isn't blocking connections with servers
  3. Make sure there are no pending windows updates
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs

drum drum wrote:

You can do any of the following
  1. Disable/uninstall your antivirus
  2. Make sure firewall isn't blocking connections with servers
  3. Make sure there are no pending windows updates
- Disableing antivirus didn't changed something
- Same goes with firewall
- Last windows update was a day after the problem started, no new update available
TheVileOne
Sounds like something is blocking the download.
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs

TheVileOne wrote:

Sounds like something is blocking the download.
The only question ist what is blocking the download.
I don't think I changed something between the moment it was possible to download and the moment it wasn't possible.
My anitvirus didn't do an update, the windows update was after the problem started...

Change of problem:
I just tried to download a beatmap on an other computer in my household. It didn't worked, same problem.
So it sames to be an problem which don't depends on the computer...and now I am alot more confused because I don't have a clue whats wrong.
Anyone ideas how this problem can be fixed? Due to a blackout after the problem started our wlan was already restarted, so I think a simple restart can't fix the problem?
drum drum
http://speedtest.net
You can share your connection results from here.

A landline connection isn't too fast
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs
Already made a speedtest.
This time the result was 14,33Mbps.

It's only downloads frome the osu homepage that don't work. Every other download works. If a friend sends me an osu file it needs some seconds-2 minutes to download the file.
Before this problem started the download time from the osu homepage was the same.
drum drum
Scan for pesky viruses

If you could give us a list of security software you have and your inter/web hardwares
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs

drum drum wrote:

Scan for pesky viruses

If you could give us a list of security software you have and your inter/web hardwares
No viruses found in the scan.

I only use Kaspersky Internet Security as security software.

I don't know if this information is importan but it seems that the download is always cancelled at 17kb.
Oinari-sama
Always?

In that case, try clearing Browser Cache and Download History and restart your browser.
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs

Oinari-sama wrote:

Always?

In that case, try clearing Browser Cache and Download History and restart your browser.
Already did it, but will try it again.

But its realy weird because this problem happens on every pc and with every browser I try.
I will try to download a map on my old laptop which isn't using the same antivirus programm later today.
buny
That probably means it's a problem with the connection and not your pc.
I think it'd be a lot easier if you just talked with your ISP about it, since it'll be on their end.
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs

buny wrote:

That probably means it's a problem with the connection and not your pc.
I think it'd be a lot easier if you just talked with your ISP about it, since it'll be on their end.
That is something I could try.
I will write to my ISP and describe my problem. Hopefully I get a fast answer and the problem will be solved.

As soon as I get an answer I will write here to inform if the problem is solved.
PatZar
copyright maybe
Marcin
It wouldn't start downloading in the first place
Topic Starter
SunnyTwiqs
After asking the provider for help and searching for a LAN-cable I got one solution:
Only my WLAN seems to be not working because downloads over LAN are working perfectly fine.

...and again I have no idea what I could do. It's not a reception problem - all computer have this problem and they can download on every other side, no matter how big the file. Only Downloads from the Osu homepage don't work via WLAN.
The predicted time is very long and after some minutes it is always cancelled at 17kb.

Anyone a suggestion what the problem could be? Or should I call the provider again?

Using LAN permanent is no solution because the only port isn't near my computer and downloads via WLAN worked in the past...so I hope there is a posibility to fix that problem?