forum

[resolved] ingame cursor lagging/delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lhijn
Problem Details:so i got my new wacom ctl 480s today and i was super exited to try it out right away, so i uninstalled the old one and installed everything for the new one and I wanted to adjust the little things by going ingame and checking then whats not the optimal for me.
no the problem is that my cursor is having a slight delay for some reason, i aready asked some people in the #help chat, they said that the latest version of the intuos driver could casue some lag, so they sent me the one before. i uninstalled the current driver and installed it with the other one, restarted the pc, started osu! and its still the same, or even worse.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140915.9
Kyonko Hizara
Do you get lag anywhere else with your cursor currently?
Mofu kun
Have you tried lowering the framerate cap?
Piine
Could it possibly be Raw Input. I know Raw Input isn't suppose to be used with Waccom Tablets so it could possibly be that.
Dexus
I have used: AMD 7770 + i5-2500k, GTX 780 + Intel i7-4770k, GT 730 + Pentium G3420, Random $1000 laptop that is a year old; Used a 144hz monitor, 120hz monitor, 60hz monitor (and the laptop screen I guess). Gsync, vsync, and adaptive vsync don't work well with this game at all in terms of latency. Replaced the ram, motherboard, and psu 3 times for each of the parts.

I can say that hardware isn't the issue (seeing as how I can play some games with maxed out settings with the gtx 780 + i7-4770k with practically no issues in other games), most of the time it's software with this game (which is ridiculous). Settings for windows have to be set to maximum performance with DWM and themes disabled. You can't really mess with the graphics settings for the display drivers much, just use the default settings. In the bios you have to disable HPET and use XMP or fine tune your ram, overclocking doesn't really help any neither. In the game you have to find the right universal offset and use a stable frame rate setting (360-500fps+).

Most of the time even with all these proper settings the game lags for me, which leads me to believe the it's the game itself but I've been fighting this issue for years and no progress really. Saying it's windows at this point for me personally is out of the question since I use a special version of windows which only runs essential parts of it to function.

Everyone just adapts to it and ignores it, so just be like them and you'll be fine I guess since that's the right thing to do apparently. You're just one of a handful that really doesn't want to stand the poor quality of latency you're receiving. Sadly, nothing is going to come about this thread and you're probably going to give up like the other lag related threads that have been popping up.
buny
Does this only happen in osu?
If you're playing window mode and have aero enabled, you need to disable aero theme or play full screen mode.

Sulker wrote:

Could it possibly be Raw Input. I know Raw Input isn't suppose to be used with Waccom Tablets so it could possibly be that.
Raw input would just stop the cursor completely
Topic Starter
Lhijn
- the lag only happens when im playing osu!, kind of odd
- i dont have a frame limit enabled, its only caped when im not in gameplay mode
- i disabled aero mode long ago, because i knew that it eats a lot of sources, sticking to claccic one, increased my frame rate alot
buny
So is the delay in the osu! client in general, or just when you're playing a song?
Also have you tried fixmypen to disable everything you don't need with the tablet, it could help with the input delay.
Topic Starter
Lhijn

buny wrote:

So is the delay in the osu! client in general, or just when you're playing a song?
Also have you tried fixmypen to disable everything you don't need with the tablet, it could help with the input delay.
yes, the delay only occurs when im actually playing a beatmap, when i'm choosing a song or do anything else in osu! it works completely fine. also, yesterday i played for like an hour or so without having any problems, there was no delay, no lag, eveything was fine, but today it's like it was. i don't really know how this was possible.
I haven't tried fixmypen yet, i neither know what it does. i guess i'm gonna try it out asap.

Edit: I've tried fixmypen but it didn't work either
Kyonko Hizara
There are multiple people I have seen having the same problem with the same type of tablet.

Have you tried decreasing the double click distance?
Topic Starter
Lhijn

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

There are multiple people I have seen having the same problem with the same type of tablet.

Have you tried decreasing the double click distance?
it's as far as i can decrease it http://puu.sh/bI0k4/bbff791e8c.png, disableling windows-ink does not help either, my friend told me that this could possibly help
LoupDuQc
Have you tried limiting the FPS to 120 fps or 240 fps?
On my desktop I can play with unlimited FPS no problem, but when I do play on my laptop I have to keep it at 120 fps max, else it overheat and then start to lag, so maybe it could be the same?
Topic Starter
Lhijn
I lowered the frame limiter to 120 and atm it looks like it's working really well, though I'm not completely convinces yet, so I'll see if it stays like this the next days.

Edit: it's not solved completely because I experience some little to hard delays here and there when playing a map, but only for ~1 sec, then it's back to normal

Edit 2: I lowered the priority of osu! back to normal and upped it for the tab to high, seems to be better now or atleast I'm not able to see any delay atm
LoupDuQc
Would it be possible to know what's in your computer (CPU and GPU) to see how powerful it is, maybe the new driver require a bit more power then the old one and now your computer can barely keep up ?

Also, maybe try checking what's the total % of your CPU is used next time it lag...
Topic Starter
Lhijn

LoupDuQc wrote:

Would it be possible to know what's in your computer (CPU and GPU) to see how powerful it is, maybe the new driver require a bit more power then the old one and now your computer can barely keep up ?

Also, maybe try checking what's the total % of your CPU is used next time it lag...
dont't worry about ir anymore, almost 1 week passed now and there has been no lag so far, i guess it's fixed now
kenichiA380
try disabling HPET from command prompt with administrator.

bcdedit /set useplatformclock no

and reboot.
Pawsu

kenichiA380 wrote:

try disabling HPET from command prompt with administrator.

bcdedit /set useplatformclock no

and reboot.
Don't bump threads in the Resolved Issues subforum please.