forum

[Archived] Osu Dropping Frames

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mathswhiz
Problem Details:

I've been dropping frames intermittently for about a week now. I thought it was something to do with background programs but I literally turned everything off but osu and still had these issues. This happens both IN the main menu and DURING songs. Tried restarting, on a GT640, i5 with 8GB of RAM so specs shouldn't be an issue. Other games such as Dota2 have had no problems.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGb8CZJ ... e=youtu.be
at 5 seconds, 25 seconds, 45 seconds.
The fps drops from 240 to around 200 and it always feels like I'm dropping frames.

osu! version: 20140915.9

Thanks
R3DxFOX
Do you have a monitor that can display 240 fps? as in the Hz is 240 or above? 'Average' monitors are 60Hz or 120Hz, Which means that the pixels can only change color x amount of times in a second (x being Hz). If you do have a 240 Hz monitor. Please do link it because that must be amazing to view.

Anyway, try using frame limiter to unlimited (gameplay) or the amount that your monitor can display. Here are also some things I suggested for dorothy on another thread /t243702

You have a couple of options.
1. Disable shader effects from options.
2. Try OpenGL (works for some), or DirectX
3. Update .NET Framework http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17851
4. Clean your computer from viruses (this is rarely the case, but can certainly help sometimes).
I really do hope you fix this problem, osu is all about getting used to the feeling of the game. If you are uncomfortable, then you will not play aswell as you would if you weren't (if that makes any sense)

- R3D
Topic Starter
Mathswhiz
Hey,
Actually I tried upping the FPS to 240 just to try and get rid of the problem, tried on all the settings but still was losing the same 'chunk' of frames if that makes any sense. Like on 60 FPS, it would drop down to around 50 FPS (whihc I had another video I didn't upload). Anyway, the problem has dissappeared for now, hopefully it won't come back.
Thanks for the help.
AutoMedic
Try to lower your settings. Optimize your Windows theme in performance