forum

[Archived] Close this topic, please!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NoScreename
I've been trying to start osu along a program called Evolve. It worked a few months back, but now osu keeps telling me to switch to OpenGL. If I try pressing no, it'll force me to use OpenGL again. I've even closed most programs through cmd. Is there any way to force osu to use DirectX?

EDIT: Evolve most likely used to take more VRAM the last time I've used it. Maybe that's the problem, because there's only 32 MB of Dedicated VRAM inside this horrible laptop. Also, here's the puush:
Both Evolve and osu! trying to run together: http://puu.sh/bnmMJ/498fa37c4e.jpg
Showing that there's no other programs running in the background: http://puu.sh/bnmXE/f24ddd9f6e.jpg

EDIT 2: They both work after launching osu! first, but Evolve can't record any gameplay because it's not detecting any games running. (It supports osu! so that's not a problem)

EDIT 3: Someone close this topic, I don't care about this anymore. :|
TicClick
have you tried to run it while holding shift? should work
Topic Starter
NoScreename

TicClick wrote:

have you tried to run it while holding shift? should work
Worked once. Now it's happening again.
Nathanael
Delete (optionally back-up) your "osu!.<windows user name>.cfg" (note: most all of the settings will be removed) and start osu! again.
It seems your settings doesn't get saved so that could fix it. osu! will rewrite a new configuration file after it closes.
Topic Starter
NoScreename

Nathanael wrote:

Delete (optionally back-up) your "osu!.<windows user name>.cfg" (note: most all of the settings will be removed) and start osu! again.
It seems your settings doesn't get saved so that could fix it. osu! will rewrite a new configuration file after it closes.
No hope there. -_-
drum drum
Have you tried not running it with evolve at the same time?

I forgot I left osu! in the background once while opening Portal 2. I ended up getting this message.

Let's be honest here, I'm sure there are a lot more random programs running in the background than you think.

Topic Starter
NoScreename

drum drum wrote:

I forgot I left osu! in the background once while opening Portal 2. I ended up getting this message.

Let's be honest here, I'm sure there are a lot more random programs running in the background than you think.

I always keep an eye out on my Task Manager window. I close everything that's not related to keeping the OS running, or the task i'm trying to do. Background programs aren't a problem.
drum drum

drum drum wrote:

Have you even tried this yet?
Marcin
There is known issue when running two directX powered programs at once. If evolve uses directx, then don't use it while running osu!.

Wait... evolve is some kind of recording software? Why not trying OBS instead (assuming you have win 7 and higher)?
Topic Starter
NoScreename

Marcin wrote:

There is known issue when running two directX powered programs at once. If evolve uses directx, then don't use it while running osu!.

Wait... evolve is some kind of recording software? Why not trying OBS instead (assuming you have win 7 and higher)?
It partly is a recording software. It's also almost like Hamachi, but made for gaming. Not business.
EDIT: I'll try OBS.
Topic Starter
NoScreename

drum drum wrote:

drum drum wrote:

Have you even tried this yet?
Of course.