forum

[invalid] [Archived] Saved over my WIP unsubmitted beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FireHawk60
Problem Details:

I clicked "Save as new difficulty" without changing the name of the difficulty I already had it at. When prompted "Would you like to clear all objects and start fresh?" I hit yes thinking it would make another separate difficulty. I didn't change the name of the difficulty when I first did it though, so I saved over my work and now I have a blank map aside from my timing points. Any way to recover it? I have tried right clicking on the file and clicking "Restore Previous Versions" but it doesn't look like there are any save points. I'm basically screwed right? I just want confirmation xD Maybe there's a way? (hopefully but prob not) Thanks for your time in advance!

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Bara-
There is not ;-;
However, there should have appeared an message with
File exists with the sam meta-data, do you wish to overwrite?
Topic Starter
FireHawk60
I probably clicked yes to that too haha. I honestly don't remember anymore. Guess i'll start over! Granted it was my first beatmap, that didn't mean I wanted to scrap the whole thing lol. Who knows? Maybe I was some undiscovered genius! Anyways I've already started remaking it. Thanks for the confirmation!
Bara-
Note
You can always upload the map (to puush/mediafire/dropbox) so you still have it
TheVileOne
Is that message localized? If it isn't, it should be.
spottedstar1123
lol this happened to my first completed "good" (read: bad) beatmap XD
Topic Starter
FireHawk60
It's a terrible thing to have to go through. All the 5 stages of grief are present lol. First there is Denial. You tell yourself, "Nonononono, this can't be happeneing!". Then there is Anger. In your mind you're like, "Ugghhh im such a klutz!" This leads to Barganing where you start looking in your osu folder or going through osu forums with the hope that there is some kind of fix. After that comes Depression. You just blankly stare at you computer screen while crying on the inside. But after that Acceptance comes. You come back with renewed vigor telling yourself "I'll make an even better one!" Or so you hope lol.
spottedstar1123

FireHawk60 wrote:

It's a terrible thing to have to go through. All the 5 stages of grief are present lol. First there is Denial. You tell yourself, "Nonononono, this can't be happeneing!". Then there is Anger. In your mind you're like, "Ugghhh im such a klutz!" This leads to Barganing where you start looking in your osu folder or going through osu forums with the hope that there is some kind of fix. After that comes Depression. You just blankly stare at you computer screen while crying on the inside. But after that Acceptance comes. You come back with renewed vigor telling yourself "I'll make an even better one!" Or so you hope lol.
So true XD