forum

[Archived] z key randomly breaks only in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Livi
Problem Details:
I play osu regularly but recently i've come across a problem where the z key randomly stops working at random points of playing. Im just normally playing then suddenly miss a bunch of notes b/c the key presses are not registering in game. I have the ripples turned on so i know that pressing x will cause the ripples from my cursor, but pressing z after it goes defunct doesn't. After I restart the map however it works perfectly fine but still randomly breaks later and this problem is only in osu i have no issue actually typing with the z key

I primarily tap with the x key and use z for streams

I wonder if this is an actual problem or just me but I've had this issue for the past few weeks

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
i have none b/c i fail immediately after typically due to not getting streams OTL if one is needed i can try and record a video

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
drum drum
Topic Starter
Livi

drum drum wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/234953 ?
thanks but not exactly the same problem im experiencing ;__;
in 50% of the maps i play both keys work fine
but in the other 50% the z key randomly stops working and tapping it doesn't hit notes but right after i fail and retry the z key works again, at least at the beginning of the map
it always works right away after i hit retry

idk i know this is a really weird problem maybe it has to do with the m1 or m2 keys if i hit them without knowing b/c i use a tablet pen
drum drum
Disable mouse buttons~

Also, try using another key to replace the Z key and see if the provlem persists.
Topic Starter
Livi
Thanks, that solved most of the issue and I also reconfigured my tablet pen buttons. I still occasionally have this issue but not as often as before.