osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Bara-
Press Shift+Tab
It's a new feature
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

Press Shift+Tab
It's a new feature
Recently been seeing alot of these post...
Does the update make it so it will automatically hide it or do* you* have to manually press Shift+Tab?
Sorry hasn't happened to me yet so i have no idea
sheela

DothThouHoist wrote:

Recently been seeing alot of these post...
Does the update make it so it will automatically hide it or who have to manually press Shift+Tab?
Sorry hasn't happened to me yet so i have no idea
I don't know either. But some have this problem because of Steam, where you press Shift+Tab to see your friends and such.
DothThouHoist
Wait, but when i open other programs besides osu they don't link to each other
(osu becomes inactive so anything i press outside of osu shouldn't affect anything in osu.... I think)
Bara-
but Steam is something else.
YOu can open it within a game or something
I don't have it, so idk ;-;
DothThouHoist
Well i've tried the feature and it doesn't affect if press outside of gameplay (like in the menu or on multiplayer lobby)
I think it works only if we press it while playing a beatmap (well, thats what happened to me... So idk for anyone else)
Also it's not permanent only for that one spesific time, so i have to constantly press shift-tab each beatmap/play if i want to hide it
drum drum

DothThouHoist wrote:

Well i've tried the feature and it doesn't affect if press outside of gameplay (like in the menu or on multiplayer lobby)
I think it works only if we press it while playing a beatmap (well, thats what happened to me... So idk for anyone else)
Also it's not permanent only for that one spesific time, so i have to constantly press shift-tab each beatmap/play if i want to hide it
That's supposed to happen though. The point of it was to hide the beatmap stats so it would be pointless to be able to toggle it in the song select or main menu.
DothThouHoist

drum drum wrote:

DothThouHoist wrote:

That's supposed to happen though. The point of it was to hide the beatmap stats so it would be pointless to be able to toggle it in the song select or main menu.
Then what does this have to do with steam? Technically if your using steam and your looking at your friends list etc (or something that uses the Shift-Tab button, you would think that you would do it outside of gameplay)

So this shouldn't happen right? Shouldn't it refresh and lose the hiding effect?
Bara-
from what I know, it is IN gameplay
drum drum
I think it's obvious it was made without consideration or realization that people were using steam overlay to play osu!.
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

from what I know, it is IN gameplay
OH YEAH, you can use steam to run osu right?
I feel like a total idiot for not realizing that
DothThouHoist

drum drum wrote:

I think it's obvious it was made without consideration or realization that people were using steam overlay to play osu!.
But still it's just a minor problem right? Not something too bothering... Although i do see its flaws and how it could be annoying to the steam players
drum drum
You can, however, change the keybind for the steam overlay in steam.

Steam settings

DothThouHoist

drum drum wrote:

You can, however, change the keybind for the steam overlay in steam.

Steam settings

Well that was really helpful, but still... Why would the default keys be Shift-Tab?
And i can see that you can change the keybind in steam.
But is it possible to change it for osu? Would make it much easier that way.
Bara-
yeah
The keybinding for hide score board can be changed. (Tab by default)
The thing you switch it to, is the button you have to press with the shift button
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

yeah
The keybinding for hide score board can be changed. (Tab by default)
The thing you switch it to, is the button you have to press with the shift button
But, why have the tab button only hide the scoreboard while having to press Shift in addition to hide everything else?
And isn't that the same as Blind or dark? (I'm a SM player so i call it that)
Bara-
The Tab Function is old
The Shift-Tab is new
Also, you can hide everything, yet still see the scoreboard
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

The Tab Function is old
The Shift-Tab is new
Also, you can hide everything, yet still see the scoreboard
But in the scoreboard you can see your combo right?
Still, i don't see why you would want to hide things like this (since it has direct affect on gameplay)
- Marco -
I prefer the "new way", less distractions
show more