forum

OSU song extractor?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
resurecion
Forgive my ignorance, I'm not sure if this already exists, but I was wondering was there a program or built in function that allowed me to extract songs, with all the information (artist, etc.) from my osu library?
XPJ38
Just go to osu!'s installation directory and to the Songs folder. All your songs are there; the metadata is written in the .osu files (open them with Notepad).
Arnold0
If you want the songs, going into the songs folder and using the search fonction of windows with the search term being *.mp3 will give you all the mp3 files. But most of them are probably not tagged and won't show artist/title correctly I believe. There is no tool to do this automatically, or if there is one I never heard of it.
formi
There are tools like that,
but because of copyright problems (this is just a guess!!)
they got removed from the forums.

So i'd suggest not to ask.
Howl

formi wrote:

There are tools like that,
but because of copyright problems (this is just a guess!!)
they got removed from the forums.

So i'd suggest not to ask.
uh no
t/187990
MillhioreF
Tools like this are allowed, but frowned upon, and will stop working entirely once osz2 is implemented.
alxnr
I asked peppy once about this, and he didn't allow me to distribute that kind of program within osu! ecosystem.
Gumpy

MillhioreF wrote:

Tools like this are allowed, but frowned upon, and will stop working entirely once osz2 is implemented.
osz2?
Howl

Gumpyyy wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

osz2?

!faq osz2 wrote:

A new beatmap file format which will mean each contained file can be encrypted, updated and streamed independently of all other files. osz2 files will not need to be "extracted" and will always remain as .osz2 files in your Songs folder.
chicodie04
Yololeader

chicodie04 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/672652

U're da best, many thanks.
EnanoFurtivo
EDIT: Recoded the entire project and made it way better and added a couple features

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/759672

hope it is useful to someone

:)