forum

[Archived] 120Hz problem from last update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cyberkevin
Problem Details:

Hi, my game is still running at 120FPS no matter what I play,
but from the last update, the frequency is not correct. The game is running at 120FPS, but the game looks like 30~60FPS sometimes (still with FPS counter at 120.) like every minute...

I have a 120Hz monitor, and the game run on a Quad Core 3.20Ghz with Nvidia GTX 560 Ti,
I play on 1920x1080p no border, but even in fullscreen mode, it's the same.

Thanks.

osu! version: 20140725.10 (latest)
Venitros
Open your osu!(Yourname).cfg file in notepad and look for refreshrate. manually type 120 and it should work.
The cfg file is where you installed osu.
Topic Starter
cyberkevin
Hmm... yes, it was on 60, that's new ? well, I haven't time to test now, but must works ^^
Thank you.
Topic Starter
cyberkevin
Bad surprise, not working at all :/
Like very 30 seconds, the framerate still looks like he gio down before go up again at 120FPS, but still the framecounter show 120FPS :/
Venitros
Sounds a lot like microstuttering. Try these.

1. Disable fps limiter or set it to 240

2. Change renderer (OpenGL/DirectX)

3. Close unnecessary programs running in the background (Steam, Teamspeak, MSI Afterburner...)

4. Disable Aero/desktop composition http://puu.sh/auFza.png

5. Restart computer?
Topic Starter
cyberkevin
Looks like it was corrected in the new update. :)

EDIT : Or not really... or in part (Looks like the mouse doesn't have some stuttering now, but looks like the mapping it self have some...), but your solution work for now... ( disable Aero and 240FPS Limiter (but don't like this solution, cause the VSync is not correct like that :/ )
Fudgy
I've always been running osu! on 120fps because my laptop fan heats up too much when I play on 240fps and I don't even need it anyways since it makes no difference for me.

I've NEVER changed ANY of my visual settings in osu! and I did absolutely nothing different before the day of the last update than I do now (programs opened in background and renderer).

Here's how it looks now when I play :

You can clearly see that the fps counter shows 120 while the lines on my error bar are indicating the game is running at ~30 and this NEVER happened to me before at all.

Since the last update, this happens to me on every mode and in addition of the screen stuttering most of the time, making reading the notes harder than it was and that it should be.

I do not have any idea what may be the cause of the problem but it started happening the day the last update took place.

If it is for some reason not because of the game, then please tell me what else I could do than the 5 things mentioned above because they did not affect anything on my end.
Marcin
Did any of you tried to run osu! with fullscreen option enabled?
Topic Starter
cyberkevin

Marcin wrote:

Did any of you tried to run osu! with fullscreen option enabled?
Yes, it's in my first post. :p