forum

[Archived] Applying a background to a Spinner reverts it to "old-style"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei
Problem Details:

When there is no spinner-background.png present the skin folder the spinner acts like the new blue version, but if a spinner background is added then the old red and yellow spinner (or whatever the spinner-circle.png is) takes the new blue spinner's place.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

WITHOUT spinner-background.png
SPOILER
NOTE: This is supposed to look like a Denjin Hadouken from Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

WITH spinner-background.png
SPOILER
The background is supposed to be Ryu charging a Denjin Hadouken.

osu! version: 20140725.10 (latest)
Shirayuki
You probably missing some skin elements I guess. Also, do you have "Version: 2" or later in your skin.ini? Did you try on other skin?

You can always copy paste all spinner elements from another working skin over to make sure you are not missing any elements, and then you can replace them one by one (Remember to give the original skinner the credit!)
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei

Shirayuki wrote:

You probably missing some skin elements I guess. Also, do you have "Version: 2" or later in your skin.ini? Did you try on other skin?

You can always copy paste all spinner elements from another working skin over to make sure you are not missing any elements, and then you can replace them one by one (Remember to give the original skinner the credit!)
I put every possible new-style skin element for the spinner (two of the elements are just a single transparent pixel). Version 2 is in the skin.ini. I have tested out SAVERY's Tewi Inaba ver. 2014 skin and it has the necessary skin elements for the new spinner. Applying a spinner-background.png to that one also causes the old-style red and yellow spinner to appear as well.
deadbeat
spinner-background.png forces old style skinning behavior