forum

[resolved] [confirmed] slider points bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xxdeathx
I don't know where else to post this, it's a bug with mapping sliders. If you have more than 1 slider point between the start and end slider points, and remove slider points until there's only 1 in the middle, it'll still behave as though there are other slider points weighing down the shape of the slider like this

so you have to delete all of the middle slider points and add one back to fix it.

Now a fair number of mappers (myself included) rarely use more than 1 middle slider point, so there shouldn't be any reason why we would end up with 2 and want to delete 1, but it happens quite often to me while creating sliders because right clicking anywhere other than the same coordinate of the last slider point you added will add another slider point before ending the slider creation. It's a minor inconvenience, although I hope it can be fixed.

Another bug that bugs me is right after switching difficulties in the editor, clicking on an object in the timeline will make it shift a random amount of time, so it looks like it got deleted until you find it later, at the same time as another object. Can be undone with ctrl-z, but still very annoying.
- Marco -
5 ?
MillhioreF
Confirming that beziers won't revert to peppysliders after having a middle point removed. It wasn't always this way, and it is annoying.

The other bug exists too, but I can't replicate it consistently. Also, moved to tech support.
TheVileOne
Your memory is mistaken. This has been an issue for a long time.
Kibbleru
i thought it was intentional lol

when u put more than 3 sliderpoints it converts to a bezier. was it suppose to convert back?
Full Tablet
If this behavior was changed, making parabolic sliders would be harder.
TheVileOne
Three point sliders should always be type Perfect. As far as I remember deleting a point from a four point slider has never reverted back to type Perfect from bezier.
MillhioreF
Should be fixed now.