forum

[Archived] IRC sudden disconnected, without connection timed out

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arzenvald
Problem Details:
most likely sudden disconnected from banchobot irc (cho.ppy.sh). happened since 3 WEEKS ago, trying to ask on #help, no really helpful & good answer.

the weird thing is, this occurs without connection timed out.

for the first though it was ISP related, or my wireless, but no, they were fine.. in-game irc most likely doesn't connected to bancho.
i cant do chat, i cant multiplayer, and i cant do everything related with chat..

also, the other weird thing is, i can still uploading the Screenshot below, able to download via Osu!Direct, also osu! still able to fetch #50 topscore on beatmap listing, and able to upload a new beatmap.

after restart osu, it's connected to bancho & IRC, but it wont takes a long time to disconnected again. :"<

people also asked me to disable the firewall & antivirus, it's disabled but nothing fixed, also in second thought.. heck, i am gonna kill myself if i disable those..

so the conclusion is, my osu client isconnected to osu server, but i disconnected from IRC & banchobot.. >:I

about my computer spec, i use windows 7 starter original, up-to-date drivers & things..

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

15 minutes later..

after restart osu

osu! version: build from 3 weeks ago, until the latest one, 20140725.10
Nekonyan
try !faq ping when disconnected
Topic Starter
Arzenvald

Nekonyan wrote:

try !faq ping when disconnected
nope, not works, already did that thing..
Nekonyan
It seems like your connection problem

I think some wi-fi sometimes disconnected randomly, because of the range

try ping your IP via cmd

because I don't see any problem with bancho on stat.ppy.sh
Topic Starter
Arzenvald

Nekonyan wrote:

It seems like your connection problem

I think some wi-fi sometimes disconnected randomly, because of the range

try ping your IP via cmd

because I don't see any problem with bancho on stat.ppy.sh
when it comes to blaming my wifi, or my network adapter, or router, it will never resolve the problem.. i cant blame my self for that..
before this 3 weeks, i still able to online without dc.. something just not right with the osu client (in-game irc) somehow...

also here >

latest upload screenshot, that showing my in-game chat isn't connected while editing.. i was able to connect about 50 minutes (longest this far) before finally DC

after then (until now) no more push notification about chat, no push notification about online / offline friends, cant !faq ping.. :"<
Andrea
I had a similiar problem before and it was my connection's problem which fixed automatically after a day.

You should try to call your ISP before doing anything else, trust me.

Anyways, even if you don't want to, try once to disable your antivirus/firewall and check if this happens.
Topic Starter
Arzenvald

Andrea wrote:

I had a similiar problem before and it was my connection's problem which fixed automatically after a day.

You should try to call your ISP before doing anything else, trust me.

Anyways, even if you don't want to, try once to disable your antivirus/firewall and check if this happens.
thanks for the reply, andrea. whoa, i don't know that you got similar problem.. :O

i don't know, i already doing that, disable my antivirus & firewall, and nothing big happened..
also, my isp just telling me to check the control panel thing, then ping -t to google, while there's nothing big & related with osu.. wut... o.o

its supposed to be 'fully disconnected' instead partly disconnected like this.. :"<

at the moment, i use external IRC to chat, but i still cant multiplayer, spectate, and chatting like before.. :(
Marcin
It can happen when your connection looses packets.
Bara-
t/216926?hilit=unstable
t/225517?hilit=unstable
Known error
Unstable connection is the cause
Topic Starter
Arzenvald

baraatje123 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/216926?hilit=unstable
t/225517?hilit=unstable
Known error
Unstable connection is the cause

Marcin wrote:

Marcin wrote:

oh man, so i am not the only one.. :I
o_o if my connection 'really' looses data packets, it should be 'fully' disconnected instead the irc only. as i said before on the thread, i still able to download via osu!direct, upload beatmap, screenshot, and other things, except the irc & multiplayer.. :(

also i am sorry if i am too much 'complaining' this time, but for 3 weeks duration, i just cant keep this unreported.. :(
Nekonyan
what's your ISP? I can tell some explanation if you tell me
Topic Starter
Arzenvald

Nekonyan wrote:

what's your ISP? I can tell some explanation if you tell me
well, you will know this famous 'Speedy' from telkom indonesia..

indeed i pay for the cheap one, but it's rarely down and never get this 'packet data looses'...

eh, moments ago was 'investigating bancho issue' thing, i will telling you if my problem were fixed or not.. (im not DCed yet now)
Topic Starter
Arzenvald

welp... still occurs..
i give up
Nekonyan

ajeemaniz wrote:

well, you will know this famous 'Speedy' from telkom indonesia..

indeed i pay for the cheap one, but it's rarely down and never get this 'packet data looses'...
try this step everytime you play osu!:
  1. search "my ip" on google
  2. open your start menu
  3. write "ping <your ip here> -t" then press enter
    example: ping 123.123.123.123 -t
  4. when it disconnected, check ping.exe
  5. if it displays "request timed out", contact your ISP
Shirayuki
I think bancho was down earlier, so we all lost the connection for a brief time lol.
Nekonyan

Shirayuki wrote:

I think bancho was down earlier, so we all lost the connection for a brief time lol.
yuki, this problem was happened yesterday.
Ryu Sei
Bancho~~~~~

But, in my case atm it just shows me message as "Recieving data..." and some sudden popups about connected friends :/
Nekonyan

Ryu Sei wrote:

Bancho~~~~~

But, in my case atm it just shows me message as "Recieving data..." and some sudden popups about connected friends :/
it's for stable connection.
Ryu Sei
It's stable 'till now. My net is good enough.

Ignore this, it's fine.
Topic Starter
Arzenvald
.-. it's been 2 hours and my osu client seems able to disconnect & reconnect by itself (without manually restart).. which it's better....

i will notice you if the disconnect issue were fixed tomorrow.. :I

Nekonyan wrote:

try this step everytime you play osu!:
  1. search "my ip" on google
  2. open your start menu
  3. write "ping <your ip here> -t" then press enter
    example: ping 123.123.123.123 -t
  4. when it disconnected, check ping.exe
  5. if it displays "request timed out", contact your ISP
thanks for the steps.. =w= somehow hard to remember -t & t- lol
show more