forum

[Archived] Сolor lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
meT1X
Problem Details:
After the update, played for a while, at one point osu become such.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2hl2ta ... poHJDluFZA

osu! version: 20140725.5 (latest)
drum drum
To help others who can potentially answer this question, please share the information listed below:
  1. Your in-game rendering options (OpenGL or DirectX)
  2. Machine specifications
  3. Any additional visual software/hardware you use with your computer
Possible solutions to your problem:
  1. Try deleting osu!ui.dll and running the updater (osume.exe)
Topic Starter
meT1X

drum drum wrote:

To help others who can potentially answer this question, please share the information listed below:
  1. Your in-game rendering options (OpenGL or DirectX)
  2. Machine specifications
  3. Any additional visual software/hardware you use with your computer
Possible solutions to your problem:
  1. Try deleting osu!ui.dll and running the updater (osume.exe)
No. Same. This happens a second time, since my beginning 2011.04.10. I think the problem with the video card. So I need to buy a new one.

P.S: Sometimes after the last updating it writes
Shirayuki
Try to hold Shift when you open osu and change your renderer? Also you can delete your osu!.<your computer's name>.cfg (or move it somewhere else / rename it) to reset every global settings on osu!
Topic Starter
meT1X

Shirayuki wrote:

Try to hold Shift when you open osu and change your renderer? Also you can delete your osu!.<your computer's name>.cfg (or move it somewhere else / rename it) to reset every global settings on osu!
I've already tried it. And here's what I found out during this time in my next post.
Topic Starter
meT1X
Something became plain.
1. One of these two problems comes from the fact that memory is constantly growing, the required process "osu!.exe" in Task Manager.
2. When the process is "osu!.exe" comes to about 1GB, it becomes one of the two problems mentioned in this thread.
3. Memory begins to grow in those cases where: the player starts to play a song or list of songs scrolls player.
4. The smaller the list of songs, the less memory is added to the process of "osu!.exe".
But even when a large number of songs in osu if you select a single group (group by) and there will be a few songs, the memory will be added little because open one group of songs from all the songs that you have in osu.
5. If nothing is done in the main menu and not playing a song, then the amount of memory that is added "osu!. Exe", does not change. But if at the same time to go to the list of songs, then will play the selected song and the memory will be added exactly 10Mb.
Nekonyan
  1. check your graphic driver
  2. install DirectX latest version
  3. try use DirectX as your osu! renderer
Topic Starter
meT1X

Nekonyan wrote:

1. check your graphic driver
  2. install DirectX latest version
  3. try use DirectX as your osu! renderer
I've already tried it earlier, it did not help. And DirectX always been as Renderer.
I think this is a common problem, and memory in the "osu.exe" will increase all the players. This can be seen by simply scrolls the song and selecting them, and look at the process "osu.exe" in Task Manager. Your memory should increase after a certain amount. But in this way for a long time to choose songs by scrolling. Therefore, use the button randomly selecting songs "F2", and press it in and this time follow the process memory "osu.exe". Memory will increase.
Nekonyan
I think it seems like your graphic driver is not working, what's your graphic driver?
Topic Starter
meT1X

Nekonyan wrote:

I think it seems like your graphic driver is not working, what's your graphic driver?
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
Video driver: version 14.4 (last) from the official site.
I did a lot of things with the video card and video drivers, etc. Does not help. But I found out that the video card is not to blame because I am putting in another video card and had the same problem.
As I wrote, this is a common problem with the game itself, which is able to correct only peppy, judging by what I've tried a huge pile of solutions to the problem, and what I found out. (personal opinion)
- Marco -

meT1X wrote:

Nekonyan wrote:

Video card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
Video driver: version 14.4 (last) from the official site.
I did a lot of things with the video card and video drivers, etc. Does not help. But I found out that the video card is not to blame because I am putting in another video card and had the same problem.
I have the same GPU as you, that is really strange that osu! don't work D:
Topic Starter
meT1X
Marcostudios, you should have the same error if you:
1. You open osu.
2. Look in Task Manager, how much memory is currently eating "osu.exe". Remember this number.
3. Press in the list of songs "F2" some number of times. Then look in the Task Manager and see that the memory has increased.
4. And if you will reach to about 1GB process "osu.exe", then osu write error or darken all. (Provided that, if a large list of songs. If a small list of songs, then the memory process "osu.exe" will rise more slowly and take a longer period this was done.)

P.S: The problem is related to the game itself, which can only be repaired peppy, if he reads this topic.
- Marco -
i can't reach 1GB of osu! process, also i have 16GB o ram so i need like 5/6GB or so to have some error/lag :c
Topic Starter
meT1X

marcostudios wrote:

i can't reach 1GB of osu! process, also i have 16GB o ram so i need like 5/6GB or so to have some error/lag :c
Yea, this is so.
Topic Starter
meT1X
Today, I recorded a video of my problem with increasing memory, and at the very end of this video of these two errors.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2hl2ta ... poHJDluFZA
drum drum
Seems like the entire skin loading was thrown off by the spamming of the random button. The skins not loading were probably not loading due to the button spam or some other obnoxious event. Seeing as the error log was directly reported to peppy, from the looks of it, it's possible they're working on a solution. I'd advise that you don't give osu! so many process to run at once (for the sake of stack overflow). I could be wrong and peppy could be the god of stack efficiency.

tl;dr Don't overkill osu! features. Seeing as the error occurred while you were shifting around at random very fast.

While osu! may be a really good program, as a past programmer myself, I'd say nothing is 100% perfect.
Topic Starter
meT1X

drum drum wrote:

Seems like the entire skin loading was thrown off by the spamming of the random button. The skins not loading were probably not loading due to the button spam or some other obnoxious event. Seeing as the error log was directly reported to peppy, from the looks of it, it's possible they're working on a solution. I'd advise that you don't give osu! so many process to run at once (for the sake of stack overflow). I could be wrong and peppy could be the god of stack efficiency.

tl;dr Don't overkill osu! features. Seeing as the error occurred while you were shifting around at random very fast.

While osu! may be a really good program, as a past programmer myself, I'd say nothing is 100% perfect.
Skin is not to blame, and so with any skin. And random button switch is not to blame. And random button switch is not to blame because the same thing happens with a selection songs just click or select the key "left" or "right".

And I feel this problem only after the last update osu! version: 20140725.5 (latest). Prior to this update, I have also played and I have never had these problems.
Topic Starter
meT1X
Yesterday installed on osu notebook to check the problem, and the memory is also increasing. It becomes clear that the problem is not my computer, but in the game. And if it is not correctable, then I'm ready to play, without looking at the problem.
Topic Starter
meT1X
The real reason that there is an increase in memory, which can be corrected only by peppy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak
For example:

drum drum
Cases like this wouldn't usually have any immediate effects. People do not often press the button for the floor they are already on, and in any case, the lift might have enough spare memory that this could happen hundreds or thousands of times. However, the lift will eventually run out of memory. This could take months or years, so it might not be discovered despite thorough testing.

The consequences would be unpleasant; at the very least, the lift would stop responding to requests to move to another floor. If other parts of the program need memory (a part assigned to open and close the door, for example), then someone may be trapped inside, since the software cannot open the door.

The memory leak lasts until the system is reset. For example: if the lift's power were turned off, the program would stop running. When power was turned on again, the program would restart and all the memory would be available again, but the slow process of memory leak would restart together with the program, eventually prejudicing the correct running of the system.
Your problem deals with the following: Memory access, Memory leaking, Graphic driver running out of memory

Some good solutions,
  1. You probably need more RAM (Random Access Memory)
  2. Make sure the proper amount of RAM is being allocated towards osu! otherwise Pippi won't be happy.
  3. Make sure there aren't any malicious memory munching programs running in the background.
  4. Try getting programs that can help with efficiently managing your memory usage.
  5. I can't provide much else, I'm sorry, but it really feels like you're abusing the program in a sense of overall processes. :(
To be honest, it's not a problem with osu! itself, you're just doing something strange in a way that your computer can't handle.

I apologize for not being able to help, I really do, but I really think you should be a lot more careful if your osu! client in specific is having this sort of problem. I took a moment to look at other posts with supposed memory leakage, the cause is usually because they're using something wayyyy too much, like stated in the quote.

To make a conclusion, this isn't an osu! problem, it is a usage problem. I recommend you slow down and don't race rockets on your keyboard.
show more