forum

[Archived] Lags when playing osu! at specific time in the songs on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aisiss
Problem Details:
Lags on specific times on songs on osu!
I've tried to do whatever i know to stop the lag. I uncheck all the setting on detail settings. Set osu! to high priority. Close all programs except osu! but still there is still that lag. Lag that affect my gameplay and because of that i cant fc a song which i can fc.

Lags especially at kiai time.
Computer Spec.
https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/z-1-scontent-b ... 8477_n.jpg

osu! version: 20140721.1 (latest)
Shirayuki
Did you try to use a different skin, specifically a clean skin with a lot of transparent elements? Did you try on osu! default skin also?
Topic Starter
Aisiss
god... thank you shirayuki. the lags are gone now but i need to change skin. i love cookie's skin but oh well. thank you thank you

EDIT: why is it lagging when a skin have a lot of transparent image?
drum drum

-IsiS wrote:

EDIT: why is it lagging when a skin have a lot of transparent image?
Well, to be brief, not all machines are rendering dream machines. It really just depends on your computer's ability to load the visual data, etc...

If something has a lot of color differences, high definitions, etc, it will require more memory (RAM wise I believe) to process high detail graphics. If you've played a lot of games the concept should be natural to you, though everyone is different.
Topic Starter
Aisiss
oh i see. thank you for answering. i trusted my computer to run it smoothly
LioVir
same thing is happening to me since last 2 patches. extreme lag. when in kiai mode. ar10 are unplayable.
my pc can run demanding games. at medium. high settings. idk what else to do i unistalled osu twice and the problem continues.
Shirayuki

LioVir wrote:

same thing is happening to me since last 2 patches. extreme lag. when in kiai mode. ar10 are unplayable.
my pc can run demanding games. at medium. high settings. idk what else to do i unistalled osu twice and the problem continues.
Did you try to change your graphic settings? You can do so in-game, or by editing osu!.<your computer's name>.cfg or by holding Shift when you open osu!.

Did you try to use a different skin? Like a more simple / cleaner skin?

If you are on directX, have you tried D3D Antilagyet? If you decided to try it, set your fps to unlimited.

Also, did you try to turn off visual candies such as hit lightning / combo burst?