forum

[Archived] catch the beat catcher randomly freezes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
Problem Details: So recently i just cant play annymore cause my catcher just randomly freezes, i tried everything lag related, like changing my renderer to openGl and lowering my fps,closing all my internet tabs,programs also cleaning my pc ect but nothing seems to work

my pc specs:
Système d’exploitation Microsoft Windows 7 Édition Familiale Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Informations supplémentaires Non disponible
Éditeur Microsoft Corporation
Fabricant Hewlett-Packard
Modèle HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
Type PC à base de x64
Processeur AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1800 MHz, 2 cœur(s), 2 processeur(s) logique(s)
Version du BIOS/Date Hewlett-Packard F.44, 13/12/2011
Version SMBIOS 2.7
Mémoire physique (RAM) installée 4.00 Go
Mémoire physique totale 3.48 Go
Mémoire physique disponible 1.30 Go
Mémoire virtuelle totale 6.95 Go
Mémoire virtuelle disponible 3.06 Go
Espace pour le fichier d’échange 3.48 Go

osu! version: 20140721.1 (latest)
Shirayuki
Hello,

When it crashed, did you record / save the crash log? If so, can you post it here?

Other than that, try to delete osu!.db and osu!.exe then run osume.exe I guess. But yes, a crash log will be the best!
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1

Shirayuki wrote:

try to delete osu!.db and osu!.exe
already did that, and it dont crash it randomly freezes for 2-3 seconds and it only happens in catch the beat mode
Shirayuki
Oh sorry, I misread the post xd

Hmm, did you check out your renderer? Did you try to limit your fps? Was there any programs running in the background that is resource-consuming?
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1

Shirayuki wrote:

Hmm, did you check out your renderer? Did you try to limit your fps? Was there any programs running in the background that is resource-consuming?

SoG Tava wrote:

tried everything lag related, like changing my renderer to openGl and lowering my fps,closing all my internet tabs,programs also cleaning my pc ect but nothing seems to work
Shirayuki
Now I'm just being bad ...

Did you try to reinstall your osu? Are you mainly running on DirectX? Did you try out D3D antilag in that case?

Also can you pinpoint the timing of those freeze? For example as soon as the song starts, or as soon as kiai starts?
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
I believe deleting osu!ui.dll and running the updater is the same as reinstalling osu and i believe that i always used OpenGL, also i cant realy pinpoint those freezes as they are 'random' :s

Shirayuki wrote:

Did you try out D3D antilag in that case?
I guess i can try that
Shirayuki
Reinstalling = replace every single files your osu uses to run on, including all .dll files, so they are way different than just deleting some .db (database) files. You should give it a try.
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
tried Reinstalling and the D3D antilag but it dident change a thing :/
Shirayuki
The only suggestion I can think of right now would be to set the priority of your osu to High / Realtime and see if this still happens ... If it does, then idk, it might have something to do with your harddrive reading speed I guess ...
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
I just don't know what to do anny more , i tried everything... downloaded razor game booster, i lowered everything on my pc to increase fps, but nothing just nothing works, why cant i play annymore and why is it so suddenly? i played this more then a year without ever having lag problems and now suddenly i have them :/

So what do to now ? am i just screwed are what ?
Nekonyan
make sure your local drive isn't full enough, afaik sometimes it causes lag
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
I cleaned my local drive, so that shoudent be the problem.
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
Here is a replay showing it : http://puu.sh/auGvR/1b99fe6a11.osr
Shirayuki
I tested your .osr and it runs perfectly smooth for me with absolutely no lag, if you want I can frap it for you.

Anyhow, this is another silly suggestion, but did you test this with other skins?
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1

Shirayuki wrote:

I tested your .osr and it runs perfectly smooth for me with absolutely no lag, if you want I can frap it for you.
if that helps would be great

Shirayuki wrote:

Anyhow, this is another silly suggestion, but did you test this with other skins?
Yeah i changed skin idk what else could be possibly done
Shirayuki
Since frap is being frap and refuses to sync my sound with the fps, I recorded it here http://www.twitch.tv/toralem/b/552262867

OBS forced the video's fps to capped at 60, so it looks like it's stuttering but in face it doesn't, you can see my fps on the bottom left corner.

That brings me to another silly suggestsion, did you try to play on unlimited fps on DirectX? lol
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
Yeah it looks like you cant actually see the lag's but the moment i miss is because i coudent move my catcher

Shirayuki wrote:

did you try to play on unlimited fps on DirectX? lol
I did also i tried to show the fps counter and try diferent fps and renderers, the weird thing is it doesent change a thing when i put 60 fps i get the lag but when i put 240 ore unlimited i also get it but it isent worse in unlimited i get around 150-180 fps en then it drops to 20-50 fps for 1-2 seconds and then back to 150-180fps.
Topic Starter
Sapphiire_old_1
bump
drum drum
Seems like a problem I've had in Standard with certain maps. Is this happening all the time or just with certain maps? If so, that's not exactly a problem, it's the map being a potato. If something freezes 1-3 that usually means it's loading or rendering material.

Getting down to the point: After watching the video that Shirayuki provided, at the parts where the catcher freezes, you can see that the key overlay shows that no buttons are being pressed at that time. Make sure your control input devices are not damaged.
show more