forum

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Song of Ashley

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 09 March 2008 at 11:58:31

Artist: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Title: Song of Ashley
BPM: 130
Filesize: 2412kb
Play Time: 02:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.68 stars, 163 notes)
  2. Normal (3.38 stars, 158 notes)
  3. Insane (4.67 stars, 270 notes)
Download: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Song of Ashley
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Third beatmap, again from the realm of video games. This one is Ashley's theme, remixed for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Now, I know that this beatmap has already been uploaded (and, as it happens, we have both chosen the same background and a similar colour scheme!) but:

a) I finished this beatmap about a month ago and waited for my previous submitted beatmap to be ranked before uploading it, and
b) Fortunately, my beatmap uses the Japanese version of the song, while Behonkiss's the English version. I hope both beatmaps can co-exist as a sort of alternative version to each other!

I've had fun switching between sample sets again. Comments and suggestions are, as before, greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy this beatmap!
Rolled
Well done. I have not played the english version of this, but this one is very well done and it shouldn't be a problem to rank this at all.

I must admit that I did not thoroughly check all of the timing sections, but they all sound fine and everything sounds on beat. Also, a very fun map to play. Bubbling this.
Tapdancingmetroid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Sinistro

31Gabe wrote:

Frowning, I would like to say that there are problems.
1. Spin Markers should be placed after Heart-shaped Phase Markers.
2. The last note isn't the Spin Marker.
I should suggest you place another Heart-shaped Phase Marker right before the last note, the Spin Marker.
Both of your suggestions can work, but I think their inclusion is a matter of preference rather than a "problem", i.e. that either your ideas or mine can work on these points. While it's true that almost all Ouendan and EBA beatmaps end on a spinner, this is not necessarily a rule that has to be followed on every beatmap - lots of beatmaps here don't follow it. Furthermore, the map is already ranked - while that doesn't necessarily means it's perfect and doesn't need improvement, of course, it does mean that it's at least acceptable the way it is, and I'm fine with that for the moment.

I see from your profile that you play this beatmap a lot, and I would like to thank you for that. You also made an almost decent post, which is, allow me to say, a rarity from you. For that reason, I responded in a meaningful way and took you seriously this time. Please, please learn a lesson from this: People are far more likely to be willing to listen to what you want to say if you do so in a civil manner instead of acting like a jerkass.
shinn_old
OK?

NEVER LISTEN TO GABE!
MegaTailzChao
Great map, though I never have particularly liked this song.

But glad you picked the Japanese version, the English's Ashley voice is kinda...Eh.

I'd like to nitpick something about this but I can't seem to find anything at the moment. :/
Chimney_old
thanks so much for making this ;D I love to play Brawl. When i'm not playing osu! or excersising thats what im doing XD
Lucario is my favorite. And your beatmap is great ;D it matches the song well, and you timed the beats nicely, it synches great with Ashley's voice, and the singing skeletons in the background. Even after hearing this song a lot, it amazes me how different JP Ashley's voice is from the English version. She sounds like a 5 year old in the JP, but in the English version, she sounds like she's 20 XD. Good beatmap, very good work.