Filesize: 14529kb
Play Time: 03:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.78 stars, 268 notes)
  2. Hard (4.4 stars, 386 notes)
Download: m-flo - Let Go
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Another map for peppy's Project Supernova.

EDIT: Long EDIT
EDIT: Another EDIT
EDIT: Changed THIS, THAT, THIS, THAT, THIS, THAT, THIS, THAT!!
EDIT: Linear sliders FTW!
EDIT: Linear sliders FTL!!

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Rolled
I like it. The cut is well done imo, I didn't notice it at all ingame, and I found the rap part to be great fun. The song itself was a little boring, but what do you want with a 90 BPM slow song.

Peppy does not like overlapping notes, though. So be prepared to get your ear chewed off with that :(
Topic Starter
James
Well peppy *almost* made that bpm/offset, so it should stay like that.
Wheres that overlapping notes?
I didn't see comment on it since he's the first one who tried the song and all his comments are in the rap part XD

No moar comments? Anyone? :(
peppy
I kinda agree about the boring factor, and I think I know why: even though this is a slow song, your beat spacing is too dense and your slidrs are too slow. I think you should leave this version, but rename it to normal (and dull down the rap and harder parts), then create a new hard version with about double the spacing and slider speeds (i'm serious :D).

For long sliders like at 49:18, i think maybe splitting it into two sliders would work better -
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<---------------->
to
<------><-------->

Also, not sure if you've tried it, but swapping to normal sampleset during the rap doesnt sound too bad. Might need to drop the volume down to maybe 80% though. Might brighten things up :).
Topic Starter
James
OK, just finished normal now, I just changed the rap part into a bunch of sliders which peppy will say wtf after seeing it. :(
Because I'm not so sure what to put in there!

EDIT: Uploaded both normal and hard.
chan
Yeah, I played through both hard and normal, did find it a bit boring. I did notice the cut when playing through, I was wondering why you didn't make a cut so that the timing wouldn't change (like cut on the same beat of the bar). I'll overlook this coz you'll have to redo your mp3 and what not, but maybe in future this is something to consider. I actually noticed the bar was a little shorter when it came to the rap.

Also, I disliked the sound of the sliders that didn't start on a full or half beat because the timing of the slider tick sound. I'm not going to hold this back from ranking because of this, but I just think it doesn't sound good.

Also I think 89.74BPM works better for the last section of the song. The spinner should end at 03:12:59

One more thing, why do your straight sliders have so many points?

For normal
00:40:19 - should this be extended by 1/4 of a beat?
00:54:53 - should this be reduced by 1/4 of a beat?
02:20:64 - overlapped slider? It's like a 50/50 chance of getting a miss there if you aren't familiar with the map. I think you should make the radius a little larger so the end points are distinct

For hard
00:44:44 - should start 1/4 a beat later
00:50:19 - extend by 1/4 a beat
00:57:77 - shift forward or backward 1/4 of a beat maybe?
01:04:53 - extend by 1/4 a beat

Last section is a bit weird for hard, since it's double the bpm and I think that the normal version needed a change in bpm.

I don't think this is a good song to make a beatmap for, but what you've done is pretty good. Let me know what you think about my suggestions.
Topic Starter
James
I keep telling this on IRC whenever I edit this song.
This song is really hard to map! (for me)
Maybe this would be the first and last time that I would map a song like this.
Sometimes the voice ended at 1/4 beat but sounds better if ended at 1/2 or 1/1 at 1x
So I'm really confused with those parts. :(

did find it a bit boring.
I feel sleepy while playing the song.
Oh in normal (hard before) I was trying to copy Rolled's Listen to Your Heart, and ended like that. :(

I was wondering why you didn't make a cut so that the timing wouldn't change (like cut on the same beat of the bar).
You mean cutting by putting a timing point, uhh...
I did cut the song like that but after hearing how bad it sounds and tuned the offset by a bit so there. And now I just realized that I just snapped at the wrong timeline so my bad in that part. I changed it back now to the old one so please feel free to listen to it. If it still sounds bad I guess I'll have to revert it back.

I disliked the sound of the sliders that didn't start on a full or half beat because the timing of the slider tick sound.
On normal? Rap part? Check it out now :)

One more thing, why do your straight sliders have so many points?
Its something like "I want to make those sliders with curves but I got lazy and I think straight seems better."
I turned those straight sliders into a curved ones. I kinda feel embarrased when I read that hahaha...

To your suggestions:
I just did what you suggested and see/hear how it goes.
Also I think 89.74BPM works better for the last section of the song. The spinner should end at 03:12:59
I'm guessing its on normal? I changed it. Try to see/hear how it goes.
The points you mentioned though are some of the parts that I have trouble with. I guess I did good on the other parts since you *did not* hear it.
On normal at:
00:54:53 - should this be reduced by 1/4 of a beat?
Doesn't sound good, didn't finished the whole word.
02:20:64 - overlapped slider?
I guess its better not to use distance snap on this one, since its 1 beat apart.

I don't think this is a good song to make a beatmap for, but what you've done is pretty good. Let me know what you think about my suggestions.
Haha I remembered whenever I let peppy play the song he would say "wtf" at some parts and I just laugh at it because I really don't know what I am doing with this song. Maybe this kind of song doesn't really fit my style *listens to the tunes of the other beatmaps I made* and make Tripod Baby instead since Love Bug is already finished :)
I'll still try to finish this one and but if I cannot anymore, I should pass this one so someone.

Ugh, lengthy post -__- but since I'm already at this lengthy post I might as well add some of the points that I have trouble at. You guys might want to help me on this.

On normal:
00:37:19 - Those three notes.
01:09:85
01:12:19
01:15:69 ~ 01:17:85
01:25:19 ~ 01:30:35
01:41:52 ~ 01:44:19
02:41:34
02:44:18 ~ 02:46:19
02:50:53 ~ END
And the whole rap part!!! I don't know what to put in those parts!!! :(

At hard:
01:02:19
01:12:52
01:25:19 ~ 01:30:35
02:37:47
02:45:13
02:50:47 ~ 02:55:63
02:57:13
Wait... This is too few... AHHHHHH!!!! I didn't noticed the other ones!!! :(
peppy
[Hard]

24:35 (5) slider just doesn't seem right... even though it follows verbal's voice
31:52 (25,26) move back 1/4 plz
36:44 (1,2,3,4) move back 1/4
1:13:07 (7) i still feel like these should end on the beat, rather than 1/4 after. i prefer to follow the beat rather than voice personally. i guess leave this if you like how that tick sounds..
1:17:60 (spinner) move back 2x1/4?
How about adding a note before the sliders such as at 1:40:19 (there are some before this as well, i just chose a random one). The note would be 1/2 before the slider. Kind've makes it less boring.
2:33:80 (2,3) argh, on the beat plz :(

timing section 3 should have offset 148558 or so

uh... i just lost my motivation to mod this listening to the timings of the notes after the 3rd timing section.
recheck this section and snap it or something plz
Topic Starter
James
24:35 (5) slider just doesn't seem right... even though it follows verbal's voice
My bad on this.
31:52 (25,26) move back 1/4 plz
Haha

36:44 (1,2,3,4) move back 1/4
Reverted back to what it was.

1:13:07 (7) i still feel like these should end on the beat, rather than 1/4 after. i prefer to follow the beat rather than voice personally. i guess leave this if you like how that tick sounds..
One of the things that I'm confused at.

1:17:60 (spinner) move back 2x1/4?
OK

How about adding a note before the sliders such as at 1:40:19 (there are some before this as well, i just chose a random one). The note would be 1/2 before the slider. Kind've makes it less boring.
I hope I did it correctly...

2:33:80 (2,3) argh, on the beat plz
Haha

timing section 3 should have offset 148558 or so
This would make your 100s go 300s.

uh... i just lost my motivation to mod this listening to the timings of the notes after the 3rd timing section.
recheck this section and snap it or something plz
HAHAHA!!!!
peppy
Much better by me. Not sure where your star went but I'm putting it back.
peppy
02:14:16 (5) - fix this PLZ
02:17:99 (1,2) - can you align these two to the same start point? :)
02:58:43 (3) - JAMES from this point forward everything is 1/4 out????

ok i'm not fond of the black background. i have the PV if you want me to encode it up for you? or maybe just google a nice let go cover art or something.

almost ready for ranking - get these things fixed though!
Topic Starter
James
Map first before decorations :)

Removed the star because everything is off for me.

And maybe i should delete this one.
Topic Starter
James
Okay fixed this, that, this, that, this, that, this, THAT!!
Oh, this isn't Luvotomy...

But I think theres ALOT of problems still :(
chan
Fine with me, good to see you got rid of some nasty sliders and opted for the "boring" ones. !
Kharl
There's a gap between 2:15:03 and 2:18:03 in the Normal version. Forgot to put something there?
Topic Starter
James
Thats a break, i did not put a break on it since the drain isn't draining away the hp after all.
Kharl
Okay, if you say so, then...

<3