forum

How good should the average casual osu player be?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AdmiralClassy
I just started playing osu yesterday and I already love it since it's different to other rhythm games and I suck at normal rhythm games.

Right now I can finish maps that are 4 or 4 and a half stars in difficulty but when it comes to the insane maps or maps with streaming I lose right at the very beginning. I'm just curious how good I am compared to other people who play osu casually. Also I normally only get b or c on maps :(
Luna

AdmiralClassy wrote:

I just started playing osu yesterday
And you seriously already care about how good you are in relation to the average "casual player", who has probably been here for months (if not years)?
Topic Starter
AdmiralClassy

Luna wrote:

AdmiralClassy wrote:

And you seriously already care about how good you are in relation to the average "casual player", who has probably been here for months (if not years)?
Yeah, if I get into something new I always like to know where I am compared to everybody else.
Full Tablet
Depends a lot on your definition of casual.

As long as you keep playing you should keep improving (slowly), even while playing casually.
Luna

AdmiralClassy wrote:

Yeah, if I get into something new I always like to know where I am compared to everybody else.
Right now you are getting mostly C ranks on Easy and Normal diffs. That's pretty terrible. But that's also to be expected since you literally just started playing the game.
I'd say most "casual" players can get A/S ranks on most Hard diffs and some of the easier Insanes, but of course they don't usually do so in their first few days of playing. But yeah, depends a lot on what you consider "casual".
Topic Starter
AdmiralClassy

Luna wrote:

AdmiralClassy wrote:

Right now you are getting mostly C ranks on Easy and Normal diffs. That's pretty terrible. But that's also to be expected since you literally just started playing the game.
I'd say most "casual" players can get A/S ranks on most Hard diffs and some of the easier Insanes, but of course they don't usually do so in their first few days of playing. But yeah, depends a lot on what you consider "casual".

So I still have a long way to go, thanks! I have to admit some of those harder maps seems impossible so I guess for now I'll focus on getting better at the maps I can actually do.
Bauxe

AdmiralClassy wrote:

So I still have a long way to go, thanks! I have to admit some of those harder maps seems impossible so I guess for now I'll focus on getting better at the maps I can actually do.
People who are 'average', even as casuals, have probably been playing for a year, or longer. Take a look at your rank. Most people who play this game frequently are at least in this top ~30,000.
-Soba-
I feel like an average casual player so roughly around my rank.
winber1
casual is from rank 50-100, good players range from 2-49, then there is one pro player, at rank 1

therefore you suck soba, you aren't even casual.
[ Stellar ]
By a glance of your user page, I would say you're ranked at the bottom.
Maybe you're better than 1 or 2 other people, but that's pretty hard to tell since you started yesterday.....
iderekmc

-Soba- wrote:

I feel like an average casual player so roughly around my rank.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDD
AmaiHachimitsu

winber1 wrote:

casual is from rank 50-100, good players range from 2-49, then there is one pro player, at rank 1

therefore you suck soba, you aren't even casual.

YES I MADE IT TO CASUAL
RaneFire
What's below casual? I feel insecure.
Yauxo

RaneFire wrote:

What's below casual? I feel insecure.
literally noob. welcome to the club
Skriggniichan

AdmiralClassy wrote:

VirtualMuffin
Quite a few of the songs i've got 10-20pp in I wouldn't be able to do in January when I first joined.

Osu! is good as you can definitely notice improvement very quickly, especially in those first few months of playing :)

Be careful not to go too far up in difficulty and spend hours on that one song you can't get past 5 seconds of though. Play any song you can't get an S rank on and you'll progress fine!
dennischan
This is madness.
I played for one year and am still at 39k.
This game is so hard.
So op might as well quit.
You wont make it to casual in 6 years.
*currently trying to pass homework crisis
Foneza
There's not really such a thing called 'Casual' players here. There are people playing for the sake of communicating to the community, or some just playing to Multi. There's those who likes to go to the 'Top'. So yeah. There's no definite term for 'Casual'
VladZeImpaler
I started about 3 hours ago, im way above ur league.
piruchan
Not as good as pro players.

If AmaiHachimitsu is casual, I must be nothing more than a microbe, life is hard :( .
show more