forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Background doesn't dim properly when switching difficulties

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ColdTooth
Problem Details: As the title says, when you dim a background to, let's say 100%, and you play or fail that difficulty in the map, and you switch to a different difficulty in that beatmap, the marker says its dim at 100%, or close to it, but the background appears normal.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

In addition, the 2nd screenshot seems to mark the background dim to about 95%. Which this doesn't look like 95%

osu! version: 20140331 (latest)
TheVileOne
I tried this and it doesn't dim correctly. Also for whatever reason whenever I set the dim to 100% and leave and enter another map the dim going down to 90%.
Piine
For me, I found this glitch. I put my dim on a difficulty at 100 and then change my dimmer in options back to 0. It end ups with the dimmer in the difficulty set at 90...pretty strange
CPLs
I had this issue too, It has been a long time but only reported now, I should have report it if it wasn't just me... :o
ztrot
I can confirm that this still occurs
Ziggo
I have a different issue, which might be related. Sometimes the dimmer bar goes to ~40% dim after I retry a song. The actual dim stays at the correct value though (which is about 90% as my default).
tsundoll

Ziggo wrote:

I have a different issue, which might be related. Sometimes the dimmer bar goes to ~40% dim after I retry a song. The actual dim stays at the correct value though (which is about 90% as my default).
I have this as well.
crunkkidmassaca

Sulker wrote:

For me, I found this glitch. I put my dim on a difficulty at 100 and then change my dimmer in options back to 0. It end ups with the dimmer in the difficulty set at 90...pretty strange

Happens to me too. When I change the dim in the options to, lets say 85%, and I click on a map, the dim in the map hasn't change. This doesn't happen everytime, only once in a while. But still way more often than in the past
Nyquill
can someone explain exactly how to re-create this? I dimmed to 100%, moved to another difficulty and it had correct dim.
TheVileOne
I am getting inconsistent results. It works properly most of the time, but I can still trigger it somehow. It may have something to do with a particular dim setting for the map being switched to after changing to 100% dim.

The behavior is that changing to 100% (not sure about other dims) will somehow change to 90% in other maps in the mapset. This dim will be glitched and not be any different than the dim that was originally given to the map. The significance of 90% is what I can only presume is an old remnant in the code back when the game only allowed you to dim up to 90%.
peppy
I can't find anywhere in osu! where it is set to 90, but I believe this is just settings stored in your database.

As you realised, it is currently stored per-beatmap. I am considering removing this as it is very confusing.
peppy
I've removed per-map storage, so this should make a lot more sense now.
Ghoul1
ITS STILL HAPPENING... STOP IT
Zelzatter Zero
This was already fix...? Remember to change the background dim at Options menu.

Also don't bump old threads.