forum

tingling,numbness,pain sensation?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
m20072
Hey there, I started playing osu more often in order to get better asap and I started getting tingling,numbness and pain sensations all over the tapping hand, its not too bad but im not sure if to keep playing cause I don't know if this could become some permanent issue ;o, I found some thread talking about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome though im not sure if its the same thing.. I'm not sure if to keep play or not cause I really want to and it bothers me..
GoldenWolf
We aren't doctors. All we could say is that any kind of pain is bad and you shouldn't force on your hand too much.
aBunny
its something everyone goes through. youre probably just wearing yourself out.
how do you feel pain if numbness comes?
pain is normal but numbness isnt.
Mizuno Yui
I experienced similar symptoms due to my wrist being right on the edge of the desk, probably due to reduced blood circulation. If that's not it, you might be working yourself too hard/keeping your arm in some awkward position.
winber1

sarasseo wrote:

its something everyone goes through.
what. where did you get that information.
Mathsma

winber1 wrote:

sarasseo wrote:

I am assuming he means the feeling you go through when you first start playing the game, not carpal tunnel. Your muscles and finger tips aren't used to be worked and hit against a keyboard so they will feel different. I know my fingertips and pen hand felt sore for a bit before my hands got used to them.
AmaiHachimitsu
If you ever feel pain/numbness after waking up, it's probably carpal tunnel
GoldenWolf
Feeling sore is pretty normal when you challenge yourself a little bit too much (and taking a little break at that point is a good idea), but tingling, numbness or actual pain is totally not and you shouldn't force on your hand past that point.
aBunny

winber1 wrote:

sarasseo wrote:

what mathsma said. people are quick to overreact because its their first rhythm game. its more tiring than other games.
winber1
i can guarentee that it is not something you can say everyone goes through with high certainty, not even most people. sure you get tired, but getting some type of pain is not super common
aBunny
thats the thing, when youre new to something, you tend to over exaggerate the experience
the only non-typical thing in his post is the numbness which is really something to look at
Purple
Not really something you should brush off like other posters are saying. Be careful and use common sense. I'm sure Aqo and Kriers would tell you to be careful.

Most importantly, don't look for this kind of advice on this forum. It's full of idiots.
GoldenWolf
tingling and numbness are both things you shouldn't experience unless you do something wrong
[ Stellar ]
Mind over body. No pain, no gain.
No, but I think you should take a break :/
winber1
generally people know the difference between being tired and pain, unless you're been in some pretty obscure circumstances. first timers may exaggerate the pain, but they most likely know that it is pain, not your muscles feeling restless and tired. and fyi, pain is not normal. if you are feeling pain when playing osu!, you are doing something wrong. furthermore, back to my original argument, most people do not experience this sort of pain in osu!

pushing yourself is a good way to improve, but don't overexert yourself if it's causing pain as doing so may potentially cause some long-term injuries
Topic Starter
m20072
alright then, thanks for the comment.. I'll take a little break and change the keys Im using for tapping.. I'm left handed so I think the way my hands sits is quite unnatural
Valdyr

sarasseo wrote:

pain is normal but numbness isnt.
Waffleface801
I have the same problem, it feels weird lol, for 2 years it hasnt happened until early 2017, it only happens ingame, its probably just playing too long, take breaks or use a wrist rest if you have your tapping hand on the edge of the desk ;)

edit: oh this was old lul
KupcaH
very old
RootMeanSquare
I am sometimes really skipping high bpm streams because i dont feel my little finger and i can barely move with it with other fingers i can feel them, but they are so tired. I will try to change hand position, because i think that leaning on the corner of the table with your wrists is really bad for blood circulation. Keeping your hand still in one bad position can cause it.
Edit: And yeah better have some sort of pillow or something soft like a blanket under your hand, it is for me at least pleasant.
show more