forum

Elite Beat Osu! Skin v6.5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Edit: Check out the new HD version in this thread: t/190357/

Download Elite Beat Osu! Here!

Also, for the ladies, we have the Divas expansion pack. Just extract this rar into a copy of the EliteBeatOsu folder.
shinn_old
hmmmm... Looks very interesting. I'm going to give it a try
MegaTailzChao
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
shinn_old
Gave it a go... over all it's very nice.
Words of Praise:

--> Sliders sounds are way better then the last version
--> Stars flying around, more 'EBA' Feel
--> I don't get bored when waiting cos' of stars coming out of the mouse 'thing'
--> Soft is great

Good Job. Here are areas for improvement:

--> 'Oh yeah' fonts are a bit cheesy, change the font. The color is correct (Not top priority)
--> Hits now sounds like firing an air gun, Change it, I enjoyed the last version on the sound

That's about it :)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
shinn_old
thx
peppy
Great work as always. Tell me when you want this updated in the osu! updater.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

Great work as always. Tell me when you want this updated in the osu! updater.
It's ready as-is, unless you're planning on making any more surprise changes to the skinning engine. :D
eyup
The graphical side of things is really excellent and captures the "EBA-look" perfectly. I'd also love to see fonts skinnable but that may require a lot of work from peppy so that may have to wait a bit.

Audio-wise, the volume is now much better. However the hitnormal is awful and sounds nothing like anything I've heard in EBA. I quite liked the old hitnormal so I've reverted back to that one for now. The hitfinish is slightly improved but personally I prefer deleting it and using the default hitfinish sound, which is not perfect but sounds a bit better as a finish.

The sounds are pretty personal I think so I'm just giving my point of view. But I agree with shinn when he says that you should change hitnormal back to the old one - the new one is really offputting and the fact that it will be heard every note doesn't help its cause...
TiZ
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I said this in IRC, but I'll say it here: If somebody can grab me a screenshot of EBA's "Oh Yeah!" I will be eternally grateful. It only appears onscreen for a split second (and is often covered by a 300) so I can never get a good look at it. A screencap would allow me to recreate it much more accurately.
As for the sounds, they're such a divisive issue that I'm not going to debate them any more. I did the best I could do, and y'all have multiple choices now, and I'm still hoping that Peppy will deign to create original sounds that do to EBA what Osu's default sounds do to Ouendan, and hopefully that will result in something more universally acceptable.
I may sound grumpy, but I do appreciate the comments, everybody. :)
TiZ
If you are grumpy, I don't blame you. :)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
See the first post for what's updated in this version!

Here's a peppy-formatted version of the newest update, for your convenience. You should be able to extract this directly in your osu root folder, and it'll update the skin properly...

http://luigihann.googlepages.com/EBOv3-LuigiHann.zip
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Teaser of upcoming update. Only minor changes so far, so I'm waiting for something major before I re-release.

Topic Starter
LuigiHann
More teasers. Oh, and you can now test the new version. :P

http://up.ppy.sh/files/ebov37-luigihann.zip My apologies for the filesize.

eyup
I love it! Your vectorizing of the rank graphics is really impressive. What are you going to do for SS and hidden ranks?
chan
That's a pretty sexy skin going on there, I'd probably use it more often if I didn't dislike the EBA soundset so much. Also, I much prefer the change you made to the spinner so that it's circular and not bumpy anymore (if you remember).
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Thanks chan. Remember that you can just delete the sounds you don't like, and the default ones will play instead. I've talked a bit with Peppy about implementing an option to toggle skinned sounds in-game, and it'll probably happen eventually.

On an unrelated note, here are a few small tweaks. Unzip this into the skin folder so the files overwrite the old ones. This makes a few things look cleaner.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/updates.rar
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Doot de doo. The screenshot of the countdown is actually two shots spliced together, since in Osu, the "Are you ready?" disappears before the countdown starts. I combined the images both to save space and to show off the general similarity to this screenshot. Not the exact same art, but pretty close. My agents are happier. :D

The other two shots just show off some of the other tweaks I've made since... the last set of screenshots.

Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Doot de doo. The screenshot of the countdown is actually two shots spliced together, since in Osu, the "Are you ready?" disappears before the countdown starts. I combined the images both to save space and to show off the general similarity to this screenshot. Not the exact same art, but pretty close. My agents are happier. :D

The other two shots just show off some of the other tweaks I've made since... the last set of screenshots.

show more