forum

Osu! bad for eyes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dinopwn
I've been playing Osu! for 8 months now.
Lately i've been getting dry eyes where I have to blink like twice as much as normal.
When I play other games, my eyes seem to be fine.
Does osu! hurt your eyes? My skin has a lot of elements and special effects.
Heinzen
Getting dry eyes could be because your screen is too bright and your room is too dark, which causes stress to lubricate your eye-balls.

Overall osu does not cause any type of eye condition, the only known one was cookiezi's eye problem (Xerophthalmia) but that's something the person is born with.

No, osu won't damage your eyes unless you have a really bad setup for playing osu like I stated before, bright screen/dark room or something else.
Bweh
Avoid environments with high lighting contrast if you want your eyes to survive. Make sure you're sleeping properly too.
Keeby
I don't think osu! is the problem since I think I play the game too much and I don't have those issues. If you're not having the problem with other games, it may just be a conscious/placebo problem. I'd recommend not worrying about it too much unless it becomes serious.

just make sure your room isn't too dark and the game shouldn't hurt your eyes.
Myke B
turn your gamma down, turn the lights on, and maybe sit back if you're too close. Unless you have an actual condition - then no, osu is not your problem.
Heinzen
Oh, and just as an example, I play something around 10 to 15 hours a day with a dark room but a properly setup monitor. No problems on my end.
NotCookie_old
Try a program called f.lux, it's a program that basically does what gunnars (those gaming glasses) try to achieve. I used to get dry eyes with my monitor, f.lux helped a lot. I just keep it at an incandescent/halogen lighting.
chanhien

NotCookie wrote:

Try a program called f.lux, it's a program that basically does what gunnars (those gaming glasses) try to achieve. I used to get dry eyes with my monitor, f.lux helped a lot. I just keep it at an incandescent/halogen lighting.
1 minute late D:
Icyteru
Read my profile. osu! destroyed my eyes.
Rewben2

NotCookie wrote:

Can verify, I started using flux and it makes everything look orange and you'll think its strange at first but you'll adjust to it. If I ever turn off flux at night everything just looks so insanely bright.
thelewa

[AirCoN] wrote:

hahahaha how

my eyesight is the exact same if not a bit better in terms of peripheral vision after 3 and a half years of playing
Full Tablet

Heinzen wrote:

Getting dry eyes could be because your screen is too bright and your room is too dark, which causes stress to lubricate your eye-balls.

Overall osu does not cause any type of eye condition, the only known one was cookiezi's eye problem (Xerophthalmia) but that's something the person is born with.

No, osu won't damage your eyes unless you have a really bad setup for playing osu like I stated before, bright screen/dark room or something else.
Xerophthalmia is not something you are born with, most of the time it is caused by a poor diet (but there can be other causes).
Ekaru
osu! itself? No. Your screen can if the conditions line up but how to prevent that has already been covered.

You should go see a doctor - preferably one who specializes in eyes - when you can. They have a much higher chance of figuring out what's up with your eyes than you or the internet.
Purple

thelewa wrote:

[AirCoN] wrote:

hahahaha how

my eyesight is the exact same if not a bit better in terms of peripheral vision after 3 and a half years of playing
Some people including most top players focus their vision on each individual circle/cursor

Unlike you

You weird fucking alien <3

I stated using glasses because of osu!, and I have to manually blink when playing
buny
Weed
if osu destroys your eyes then you're doing something wrong
RaneFire
if osu destroys your eyes... you should try taiko to finish the job.
Noobsicle
try this skin t/168372

its good for you
Blueprint
I doubt its Osu I basically play with a screen glued to my forhead
GoldenWolf

[AirCoN] wrote:

You destroyed your eyes.
show more