forum

Show your best 3 unranked taiko maps!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
POONwing

[Due to busy life, I may only check this thread once a month or so]
This thread is dedicated to unranked taiko maps.
[Here unranked means it is not ranked and it is your own work]
Unranked maps have the property of:
--- in most cases, truly the mapper's own work which embodies originality (without any modification, including moddings by others)
--- can truly show the mapper's own style of mapping
--- do not have to follow ranking rules which may impair the freedom of creativity
also,
--- good for MP (multi) because there can be no download restrictions(when osu! servers are busy) since they can be packed in a .zip file instead of submitted to BSS

I personally respect originality very much. ->And I'm not saying anything about ranked maps or the system itself so please do not misunderstand that.
You may have overlooked some of the good works of unranked maps if you play ranked maps only.

If you want to show your unranked taiko maps here, please follow these simple rules:
simple rules
--- You must have mapped a decent amount of unranked taiko maps
-> all must be your own work only
-> I think it is best to show your work here before you have mapped more than 20 unranked taiko maps (if you mapped too few of them, I may refuse to show them here)

--- You can only choose 3 of your unranked taiko maps (of 3 different songs)
-> they must be your own work
-> there are no restrictions on course difficulty (It's okay if there are only Oni difficulties)
-> these 3 maps should not be ranked in the future (if a map is found to be ranked later then I will remove it here and you can't replace it until the staying period ends)
-> after I post them here, they will at least stay here for 3 months. You can only change the 3 maps after 3 months so think hard on what your best 3 are currently (Do not tell me that you have changed your mind after a day) (Also think hard on where to host your maps for 3 months)
--- Additional options
-> you can introduce the 3 maps which you have chosen; words not limited
-> you can introduce yourself with the 3 maps; words not limited (you can post links, excluding specific map links within your introduction; ok to put a link to your map list)
Please write everything in a reply or a PM sent to me. All that I do is copy and paste only.
And please state the number of unranked maps that you have made, since I need to group mappers in to 3 classes later if there are too many people posting here.
Suggested format:
suggested format
---introduction of yourself in 50 words + the link of all your maps(your map list)
---1st map link
---1st map intro.
---2nd map
The order of listing will be as follow:
listing order
--- 3 classes
-> a class that has mapped >= 50 unranked maps
-> a class that has mapped >= 20 unranked maps
-> a class that has mapped < 20 unranked maps
--- among each class, mappers will be ordered according to alphanumeric order (space and "[]" thing not counted)
Please note that quantity does not imply quality. And the above is only for encouraging unranked mappers.
Also note that good song and good taiko chart are two different things.

==================================================================================
Mapper listing:
>= 50 unranked maps class:
backfire
Well, I guess I can give it a shot.

A lot of people overlook some of my, in my opinion, technically better maps.

For example
1 : t+pazolite - I fall asleep.

One of the maps I recently uploaded. It has always been very obscure for a long time because of the map-set it was in, but now i've re-uploaded it so that more people could play it. Not to brag, but the streams in it are almost 1:1 with the music which is something I usually am not able to obtain due to how songs are structured, however this song works for it and ends up providing some interesting flow as well as extreme difficulty stemming from a lot of the 1/6 and complex streams. It's my personal favorite, and in other's eyes, one that they are not even familiar with.

2 : Shounen Radio - Neu (Long Version)

Another very old map which somehow flew under a lot of people's radar, which I also uploaded again.

This map was a grand expirement in an "evolving" map, in that it gets harder and harder with each chorus, as its so long. I did this to keep it interesting. It has moments which are slow, but I feel, add to the excitement of getting to the end parts and hopefully nailing the extremely long and musically inclined crafted streams. Everything is where it is supposed to be, everything is as unpretentious as I can be with it. I hope someone out there will play it and enjoy it. It was a collab with spboxer3 but it is so heavily edited after he gave his parts to me, it might as well be like 2/3rd's mine instead of half.

3 : Renard - Where Can I Go?

Back when this was first released, it was following a lot of my true "greats", so to speak, and this was horrendously overlooked. It is my most experimental in the Taikocalypse series, using a lot of things I damn in terms of mapping technique, such as D kkk D kkk D and the like. I think it overcomplicates things in most circumstances, but in this map it fits and is kept relatively playable. It is very fun and was very fun to make when I did, it's also one of my favorite songs.

I've mapped like 130+ diffs at this point, I don't even keep track. Some are good, some are great, some are awful. Most of them that are any good you most likely have anyways so I tried to keep this to a more "obscure" basis, and not just my best maps.

Thanks everyone, maybe I will find someones new favorite map :D
[shown on 2014/2/17]
Dolphin
I map all too many unranked stuff, mostly because I just find a song I like and go like "I want to play that song on Oni on Taiko and nothing more" so I end up mapping a single Oni diff for the song and it never gets posted anywhere \:D/
Sometimes if I REALLY like the song I make a whole set for it, and I usually like to push them for rank. Time for biased opinions on my maps <3
Btw I hope its okay that none of the maps are uploaded to the BSS, I usually put my maps into my dropbox for easy sharing.

1. Seiryuu - BLUE DRAGON (Hakuryuu Remix)
I only mapped Oni for this. I really don't think the song is suited for any lower diffs, but I really find the map to play well and its fun because it's got a neat rhythm to it. It has 1234 in combo which is something I didn't realize until someone pointed it out. It's funny :P

2. dj TAKA meets DJ YOSHITAKA - Elemental Creation
This map is really fun. It's fast but it flows well. I tried to be authentic to the Pop'n Music and beatmania IIDX charts, I always do that when I map songs that originates from different rhythm games. I love authenticity in that way. :D Also it has 999 Notes which is something is got by accident.

3. gu-dara - Change-2_3_3
This map is rather interesting. I tried mixing following both the piano and "wibwibwubwob" sounds. The map turned into a neat thing. Decently challenging and it should be enjoyable for people who like shorter stream segments that last for no longer than 2-4 whole beats. Just ignore the unfinished Standard diff in there. I made it just because someone told me to lol.

In total I've mapped well over 100 total diffs unranked (less than half of those are maps I made for seriously and not some crazy shitmaps). Many of them are deleted though because the first ones were downright terrible, but my quality has improved LOTS since 2012 xD

I don't have any plans on mapping any of these for ranking whatsoever. I usually map because I want decent maps for good songs because I enjoy playing it. I don't play for ranks. :o

[shown on 2014/1/18]
- Kagami Yuki -
I am a noob player and a noob mapper.I only mapped songs I like,and enjoy mapping it.Difficulty of my map is set by the song :P

Now let's list my top 3 maps ,in my opinion.
1st:
t+pazolite - MIYABeam
This song is so cool so I map it.Not a hard map,and it's a normal 10* map.
2nd:
Lite Show Magic - Crack traxxxx
About this one, I saw this song at Ranking Beatmaps,its a mania map.I love it so I map it.This map is not too hard,but fun with sv change :P
3rd:
VOCALOID - White prism
This is a stream map.I found it in nicosound.Maybe overmapped but I still think it could be much more fun with those streams.

ps:PM me if files couldn't download.

I've mapped over 90 maps now,but only 77 of them linked on my userpage.Almost of them are unranked maps,because I have only one guest diff and one mapset ranked now.I do enjoy the time when I was mapping a beautiful song,and I wanna share them to you.
If you are interested in my maps,just take a look of my userpage~
- Kagami Yuki -
[shown on 2014/1/17]
==================================================================================
< 20 unranked maps class:
Stefan
Introduction: I map random songs I've got in my mind and share with others how they like it and what could be changed. They aren't hard but not easy as well.

1st Map: DJ Intensity - Death to Analog/We Made It: It's a Mash-Up from a famous artist in the past, it has no BG because idk and won't be for Rank because I have no ideas for lower Difficulties. imo one of my best work

2nd Map: zts - liberatedliberater: Song from the Umineko series, it has a full Difficulty spread (K/F/M/O) and eventually won't be ever ranked.

3rd Map: Frank Schindel - Eine Vision (Cut Ver.): The german version of the song "One Vision" from Digimon Tamers. It has a Muzukashii and Oni Set and been done very well imo.
[shown on 2014/1/9]
Stefan
With unranked.. unsubmitted does count too? And single Taiko-Diff-Sets too?

EDIT: Sent out a PM.
Topic Starter
POONwing
unranked means not ranked,
anything not ranked will do.
Unsubmitted of course ok
Even the maps submitted to the BSS but not ranked counts (but they must be your own work though)

And there are no course difficulties restriction. Stated above :]
single, double, a full set are all ok

Edit:
Stefan, would you like to post a link to link to your whole taiko map list?
Stefan
Kagami Yuki
I am a noob player and a noob mapper.I only mapped songs I like,and enjoy mapping it.Difficulty of my map is set by the song :P

Now let's list my top 3 maps ,in my opinion.
1st:
t+pazolite - MIYABeam
This song is so cool so I map it.Not a hard map,and it's a normal 10* map.
2nd:
Lite Show Magic - Crack traxxxx
About this one, I saw this song at Ranking Beatmaps,its a mania map.I love it so I map it.This map is not too hard,but fun with sv change :P
3rd:
VOCALOID - White prism
This is a stream map.I found it in nicosound.Maybe overmapped but I still think it could be much more fun with those streams.

ps:PM me if files couldn't download.

I've mapped over 90 maps now,but only 77 of them linked on my userpage.Almost of them are unranked maps,because I have only one guest diff and one mapset ranked now.I do enjoy the time when I was mapping a beautiful song,and I wanna share them to you.
If you are interested in my maps,just take a look of my userpage~
- Kagami Yuki -
Dolphin
I map all too many unranked stuff, mostly because I just find a song I like and go like "I want to play that song on Oni on Taiko and nothing more" so I end up mapping a single Oni diff for the song and it never gets posted anywhere \:D/
Sometimes if I REALLY like the song I make a whole set for it, and I usually like to push them for rank. Time for biased opinions on my maps <3
Btw I hope its okay that none of the maps are uploaded to the BSS, I usually put my maps into my dropbox for easy sharing.

1. Seiryuu - BLUE DRAGON (Hakuryuu Remix)
I only mapped Oni for this. I really don't think the song is suited for any lower diffs, but I really find the map to play well and its fun because it's got a neat rhythm to it. It has 1234 in combo which is something I didn't realize until someone pointed it out. It's funny :P

2. dj TAKA meets DJ YOSHITAKA - Elemental Creation
This map is really fun. It's fast but it flows well. I tried to be authentic to the Pop'n Music and beatmania IIDX charts, I always do that when I map songs that originates from different rhythm games. I love authenticity in that way. :D Also it has 999 Notes which is something is got by accident.

3. gu-dara - Change-2_3_3
This map is rather interesting. I tried mixing following both the piano and "wibwibwubwob" sounds. The map turned into a neat thing. Decently challenging and it should be enjoyable for people who like shorter stream segments that last for no longer than 2-4 whole beats. Just ignore the unfinished Standard diff in there. I made it just because someone told me to lol.

In total I've mapped well over 100 total diffs unranked (less than half of those are maps I made for seriously and not some crazy shitmaps). Many of them are deleted though because the first ones were downright terrible, but my quality has improved LOTS since 2012 xD

I don't have any plans on mapping any of these for ranking whatsoever. I usually map because I want decent maps for good songs because I enjoy playing it. I don't play for ranks. :o
Topic Starter
POONwing
Dolphin, but I can't find your dropbox to download your maps 0,0
Dolphin
Is the download links not working or are you saying that you can't find ALL my maps that I got on Dropbox?

I haven't uploaded every single one of them, I usually only upload the ones I'm happy with (at the time at least o.o)
If the links aren't working, I'll make mirrors for them MEGA.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17ok6yc4w1a5s97/fIxZPDjV4Q This is my Dropbox public folder. It's not really cleaned up. ;w

Edit: Cleaned it up a bit.
Stefan
this needs more attention :?
Dolphin

Stefan wrote:

this needs more attention :?
Backfire
Well, I guess I can give it a shot.

A lot of people overlook some of my, in my opinion, technically better maps.

For example
1 : t+pazolite - I fall asleep.

One of the maps I recently uploaded. It has always been very obscure for a long time because of the map-set it was in, but now i've re-uploaded it so that more people could play it. Not to brag, but the streams in it are almost 1:1 with the music which is something I usually am not able to obtain due to how songs are structured, however this song works for it and ends up providing some interesting flow as well as extreme difficulty stemming from a lot of the 1/6 and complex streams. It's my personal favorite, and in other's eyes, one that they are not even familiar with.

2 : Shounen Radio - Neu (Long Version)

Another very old map which somehow flew under a lot of people's radar, which I also uploaded again.

This map was a grand expirement in an "evolving" map, in that it gets harder and harder with each chorus, as its so long. I did this to keep it interesting. It has moments which are slow, but I feel, add to the excitement of getting to the end parts and hopefully nailing the extremely long and musically inclined crafted streams. Everything is where it is supposed to be, everything is as unpretentious as I can be with it. I hope someone out there will play it and enjoy it. It was a collab with spboxer3 but it is so heavily edited after he gave his parts to me, it might as well be like 2/3rd's mine instead of half.

3 : Renard - Where Can I Go?

Back when this was first released, it was following a lot of my true "greats", so to speak, and this was horrendously overlooked. It is my most experimental in the Taikocalypse series, using a lot of things I damn in terms of mapping technique, such as D kkk D kkk D and the like. I think it overcomplicates things in most circumstances, but in this map it fits and is kept relatively playable. It is very fun and was very fun to make when I did, it's also one of my favorite songs.

I've mapped like 130+ diffs at this point, I don't even keep track. Some are good, some are great, some are awful. Most of them that are any good you most likely have anyways so I tried to keep this to a more "obscure" basis, and not just my best maps.

Thanks everyone, maybe I will find someones new favorite map :D
ric0
ADRENALINE IS PUMPIN'

BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER BRAIN POWER