forum

Show max score on beatmap listing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Mashley
It'd be pretty useful to know the maximum score we can get on a map without opening it in test.
MegaManEXE
+1

Sometimes the highest difficulty level doesn't always give the most points, and for people who like to play for score this would be a nice feature
anonymous_old
I disagree with this, personally.
Gemi
There is no reason to deliberately hide this information. I also agree that this information should be visible. The problem here of course is that spinners don't have a hard point cap, so you need to count the points for the spinners with some kind of an average high spin rate that players can do.
anonymous_old
There is a spin rate cap, and that's achieved by Auto.
Gemi

strager wrote:

There is a spin rate cap, and that's achieved by Auto.
This isn't really realistic for a player as far as I know? Could've been changed though, but if not then it spins so much faster than any human that the difference in the max score calculated with that rate would be enormous compared to the actual possible max score.

Anyway, it's still one possibility to calculate it with the autoplay spin rate. Doesn't really matter that much on most maps and this feature is there to give a rough idea anyway.
Gabi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaManEXE
Well with mods the "maximum score" can be passed I guess.

I was assuming the number that would be shown is the same one that displays in test mode ?_?

So that would use Auto's 477 rpm spin speed to calculate that, no?
Derekku
It's not like a few thousand extra points from max spin spinners are going to screw up your thinking of what the max score for a map is.
Kitsunemimi
Didn't we already have a thread for this?
Topic Starter
Mashley
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaManEXE
Gens
I disagree.

If there are no scores on that map yet, I look at the play length and do a rough calculation of the max score.
Let's just keep it simple...
peppy

Gens wrote:

How is estimating based on length (which doesn't work because of relative break time etc.) more simple than displaying it?

That said, this requires server-side processing of score calculation, which isn't a simple feat. Low priority request which may get done in a year or whatnot (unless someone is offering to port ~1k lines to serverside php/.net code).
Sleep Powder

Gens wrote:

I disagree.

If there are no scores on that map yet, I look at the play length and do a rough calculation of the max score.
Why not the max score that auto can get for each beatmap?
It's simple and a decent estimate...
or whatever auto spin gets...idk
WyndII
true. This can be helpful.
I always go to edit then test just to see the maximum score, ffs. >.>
Derekku

peppy wrote:

Gens wrote:

How is estimating based on length (which doesn't work because of relative break time etc.) more simple than displaying it?

That said, this requires server-side processing of score calculation, which isn't a simple feat. Low priority request which may get done in a year or whatnot (unless someone is offering to port ~1k lines to serverside php/.net code).
It can't just grab the same thing that test mode shows? I really don't know much about programming (yet) so this confuses me ._.;
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

peppy wrote:

[snip]

It can't just grab the same thing that test mode shows? I really don't know much about programming (yet) so this confuses me ._.;
The web code is written mostly in PHP.

osu! itself is written in C#.

The code to calculate the max score is in C#. It'd need to be ported or introp'd to PHP for it to be displayed on the site.
Derekku
Gemi

Derekku Chan wrote:

I thought this request was to show the max score inside osu! when you're choosing a song. (Oops) But wouldn't it make more sense that one would want to see it there instead of having to check it online? :3
Ugh, this is what I thought too. I don't think it's necessary to see this stat on the website at all, but in the game it seems very useful.
show more