forum

Ayana - Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on martedì 12 febbraio 2008 at 17.17.19

Artist: Ayana
Title: Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix-
BPM: 125
Filesize: 2451kb
Play Time: 01:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,59 stars, 67 notes)
  2. Normal (1,77 stars, 107 notes)
  3. Hard (3,06 stars, 134 notes)
Download: Ayana - Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix-
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
After a lot of time I can submit this beatmap!
Thanks to peppy for enduring all my problems :)

The song is from the anime Kanon 2006.
I thought it has a pretty rythm for standard levels, nothing too difficult.
Maybe you can't expect too much, it's my first beatmap, after all.

So, enjoy!

EDIT: reuploaded the *.osz file (now it works :D )
EDIT: little changes in offset and BPM
EDIT: edited a beat in hard mode
EDIT: Offsets and BPM entirely redone
EDIT: spacing fixes
EDIT: thanks to Kharl for new edits
Rolled
in b4 echo.

The download link is broken. Try to reupload?
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
:cry:
I tried to reupload it both in Standard and Full upload, but it doesn't work...

:o
peppy
You're going to kill me aren't you, cardnforce. Looking into this now...

Edit: Please do a full submission. I think this will definitely be the end of our problems ;.;.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

peppy wrote:

You're going to kill me aren't you, cardnforce. Looking into this now...

Edit: Please do a full submission. I think this will definitely be the end of our problems ;.;.
Ah you busted me! :D

Really, thanks! Now it really works.
I downloaded and opened it so I'm sure.

Now waiting for some feedbacks :)
EiJi
I come up with offset 13538, BPM 124.97

Nothing than that, everything looks fine.

'd
Echo
I think offset should be around 13550, and Eiji's 124.97 works.

Are you missing a break after the first spinner in easy?

edit: If you're not going to use an additional timing section for the start of hard, make sure the two beats are dead on.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

Echo49 wrote:

I think offset should be around 13550, and Eiji's 124.97 works.
Ok, changed :D

Echo49 wrote:

Are you missing a break after the first spinner in easy?
No, I think is not useful.

Echo49 wrote:

edit: If you're not going to use an additional timing section for the start of hard, make sure the two beats are dead on.
:shock:
What do you mean? :?
Echo
About the timing, Kharl came up with better ones, so follow his once he posts them. Out of curiosity, did you cut this song from a longer version?

"Dead on" means at exactly the right time ;)
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
:oops: I noticed one of the two beats coming a little late, changed.

Echo49 wrote:

About the timing, Kharl came up with better ones, so follow his once he posts them.
OK.

Echo49 wrote:

Out of curiosity, did you cut this song from a longer version?
I don't know if it is a short version or not, sorry.
I searched but I didn't find any longer versions of the song (and I want it :o ).
Kharl
Your BPM seems correct, but your offset needs some work. This song needs two sections with the offset of 13560 and 76974.

Echo49 wrote:

Out of curiosity, did you cut this song from a longer version?
This song is only around two minutes long (2:28 minutes, to be exact), too short by the average. I suspect this is a cut version.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

Kharl wrote:

Your BPM seems correct, but your offset needs some work. This song needs two sections with the offset of 13560 and 76974.
Are you sure?
Why do you think is needed?
I don't see any differences between the original and this one you suggested.

EDIT: well, there is a little difference, but personally I think the original is better.
I'll think something about it.
Echo
It is because it needs two sections that we think the song was cut.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
I tried to search for the best value of the second offset and I set it.
I set them 13.550 and 76.982.
It seems better now.

One doubt only: does the program adapt the beats by itself? (I only changed the values)
Kharl

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

One doubt only: does the program adapt the beats by itself? (I only changed the values)
No. You need to resnap all notes by yourself after you changed the offset value. Use the "Resnap current section" function in the Timer menu.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Ok.
Anyway I have re-checked all BPM and offsets and resnapped all the beats.
New values are 125BPM (124,97 made a mess... :? ) and the offsets are 13.580 and 77.930
I checked all the difficulties and this time it seems really better.

EDIT: I forgot to edit the "easy" one. Doing it now.
EDIT2: Done :D
peppy
Noone has said it yet so I will take the honour: Great great great first effort :D. This has to be one of the best 3-difficulty sets I've seen produced from a first-timer.

I'll focus on hard for now because its the only one I couldn't pass first try. There may be a few more suggestions I have from the other two difficulties on closer inspection (although maybe kharl will cover those?)

Hard:
{00:46:93 - the green slider should be closer to the orange hitcircle before it. at the moment it feels really wrongly spaced.
{00:48:13 - 2,3,4 in this combo have strange spacing... 3 and 4 are too close together.
{ I found this passage really confusing so you should definitely reconsider the spacing there.
1:43:12 - spacing of the 4 should be further away. i am particular about this one because it is a strange timing for the beat
Kharl
Timing seems perfect now. :) This should be my last suggestions:

Easy
- Remove spinner at the beginning of the song. We wouldn't want new players to strain their wrist this early in the song, would we? :P
- Check whether the beat spacing are entirely consistent throughout the song, including between each combos. For example, you should place the slider at 0:25:10 adjacent to the previous note because they are one beat apart, and so on.
- Make sure that no sliders are overlapping with each other (like the ones at 0:25:10 and 0:27:02).

Normal
- Make the first spinner starts at 0:00:14.
- Again, check whether the beat spacing are entirely consistent throughout the song. I missed on the green combo starting at 0:32:74. You should place the notes in that combo closer to each other.

That's all. I really want this map to get ranked soon. :)
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

peppy wrote:

Noone has said it yet so I will take the honour: Great great great first effort :D. This has to be one of the best 3-difficulty sets I've seen produced from a first-timer.
:)

peppy wrote:

{00:46:93 - the green slider should be closer to the orange hitcircle before it. at the moment it feels really wrongly spaced.
:oops: I didn't think about it for this one. OK.

peppy wrote:

{00:48:13 - 2,3,4 in this combo have strange spacing... 3 and 4 are too close together.
{ I found this passage really confusing so you should definitely reconsider the spacing there.
:o This is a big one!

peppy wrote:

1:43:12 - spacing of the 4 should be further away. i am particular about this one because it is a strange timing for the beat
I was just thinking about it :D

Kharl wrote:

- Remove spinner at the beginning of the song. We wouldn't want new players to strain their wrist this early in the song, would we? :P
:roll: (ihih) OK.

Kharl wrote:

- Make sure that no sliders are overlapping with each other (like the ones at 0:25:10 and 0:27:02).
Changed, even if I think this one wasn't a big deal.

Kharl wrote:

- Make the first spinner starts at 0:00:14.
OK.

Kharl wrote:

- Again, check whether the beat spacing are entirely consistent throughout the song. I missed on the green combo starting at 0:32:74. You should place the notes in that combo closer to each other.
You were right. I didn't notice they were that far! :D
Kharl
I did a few changes regarding beat spacing and placement. Download the attached files and save it in the song's folder (which should be named "Ayana - Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix-" located in the "Songs" folder).

These files will replace the original ones. If you approve of the changes, then please reupload the files. But if you doesn't, just press update beatmap button in Play mode and the maps will be reverted back to the original state.

No matter you are okay of my changes or not, I'll approve this map anyway as it is rankable by now.

Download: Ayana - Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix- (Card N'FoRcE) [Easy].osu

Download: Ayana - Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix- (Card N'FoRcE) [Normal].osu

Download: Ayana - Last Regrets -Xmas Dance Mix- (Card N'FoRcE) [Hard].osu
show more