forum

Fighting Jacks - Your Lurking Shadow

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maythius
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 at 12:38:29 PM

Artist: Fighting Jacks
Title: Your Lurking Shadow
BPM: 92.34
Filesize: 5129kb
Play Time: 02:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. easy (1.44 stars, 101 notes)
  2. Hard (3.61 stars, 150 notes)
Download: Fighting Jacks - Your Lurking Shadow
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey everyone! This is an easy beatmap I put together... if anyone likes the song and wants me to make more difficult maps for it, let me know.

Edit: Made some changes... Thanks for the help
EiJi
Playing, it was fine. I S'd it on my first try.

Certain patterns should be spaced closer. Usually, I probably wouldn't bring this up, but this is an EASY map. Such patterns are 00.40.03, 02.23.02.

The sliders beginning at 02.15.22 just feel wrong. I see no way around it though. Maybe it's just me...

As for the timing, with your offset, I couldn't hear the beat, so I switched to the next one, and came up with Offset: 10.769 and BPM: 92.33. HOWEVER, it spent a bit of time getting that timing. And from experience, when I don't get the timing down quickly, I usually can't. So this may not be accurate.

So I'd say try it out, and if you agree, then use it. But I'll let the next mod confirm it.

'd for now. Good work.
Echo
The BPM should be 92.33 or 92.34; both are closer to the song than 92.31. However, I think the offset is correct.

I agree that some of the spacing is too big (at the points mentioned by Eiji). If you're lazy like me, you can rename the map Normal. Otherwise, you should respace it to make it easier.

Keep up the good work!
Topic Starter
Maythius
Alright I made the changes; now it is more suitable for beginners. I also fixed the timing.
I know I was going to wait for someone to recommend making a harder map, but I have some great ideas so Im going to make a normal beatmap. Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it!
Echo
I like some of the ideas, but it's still a bit too difficult for an "Easy" map. Examples (not all the points) are such as the jump at around 0:41 and the stream beginning from 1:28.45. Imo, with your current timing, the Easy map should only have a few beats with 1/2 beat interval.
Topic Starter
Maythius
Okay, that sounds fine. I'll make the changes, and I'm incorporating those ideas in my normal map. Thanks again!

EDIT: Changes made, but my unfinished normal map got posted... I have no idea how that happened lol

EDIT the Sequel: I decided to make it hard instead of normal
Echo
Both maps are fine to me.

You get ed.
Topic Starter
Maythius

Echo49 wrote:

Both maps are fine to me.

You get ed.
why thank you sir Echo :D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Good job on this! Ranked.