forum

hitomi - Go My Way

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, February 01, 2008 at 4:54:30 PM

Artist: hitomi
Title: Go My Way
BPM: 174.77
Filesize: 4194kb
Play Time: 03:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.87 stars, 305 notes)
  2. Insane (4.9 stars, 462 notes)
Download: hitomi - Go My Way
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Not to be confused with the song you heard in OTO2. This is from a different artist and song altogether.

Only the insane need apply.
Echo
Playing this was really enjoyable. Took me around half a dozen tries, but there were no apparent problems with placing; everything was extremely straightforward.

Just a few things:
Try an earlier offset - I feel I get more 300s at around 6000ms rather than your current one.
At 2:15.10, I think you're missing a beat.
I think you should do something with the 2nd chorus, such as flipping it around. Having two sections exactly the same is a bit uncreative.

Keep up the good work! You get a star.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Thanks Echo.

I've corrected the offset and mirrored the chorus. And there isn't a note missing, it was following the vocals. Hitomi decided to make a brief pause for a sammich.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cecilthemos
Funny, I actually know this song.
Beatmap is wonderful, perfect, imo. Beatspacing is great, timing is right on, and it's fun to play.
However, this map is a 5 star, I can pass it first try, but I know there's a lot of people who won't be able to pass it at all,
I STRONGLY suggest making an easier difficulty or two.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Is there a show or anime that this song is from? If there is, I'll put it as the background.

Thanks a lot guys. I'll make a normal mode as well.
Echo
If you listen carefully, it's the Japanese "n" sound being sung on that beat. Even if it was a pause, it'd feel awkward missing a beat. I really think there should be a beat there - can I have other people's opinion on this? (around 2:15)
Rolled

Echo49 wrote:

If you listen carefully, it's the Japanese "n" sound being sung on that beat. Even if it was a pause, it'd feel awkward missing a beat. I really think there should be a beat there - can I have other people's opinion on this? (around 2:15)
I listened from ~2:00 until the break, but nothing stuck out to me. So either I don't think the extra beat is needed, or I just don't know what you're talking about :P Exact position of the "n?"
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Eh...I'll just take your word for it. :P It's at the end of a slider now.

Just uploaded Normal mode as well.
Rolled
I still see no changes in the hard map o_o but whatever.

Anyways, didn't find anything wrong with your normal map, but I'd be quicker to call it hard than normal =/ The slider speed and beat spacing is a bit too much for normal IMO. If you disagree though that is fine, and if one more mod thinks it is fine as normal than this is ready for ranks.

Nice song, and maps.
Echo
About the normal difficulty, I agree with Rolled. The spacing is too big. I think it'd be better named as Hard, unless you want to go through and respace the entire thing. Otherwise, you can either make an even easier map or just leave it, since the new map is <4 stars. Up to you.

As for hard, there's another spot at 26.25. Personally, the gap gives the beatmap a uniqueness, and I would leave it the way it is, but since I don't understand the song, I can't tell if it'll be weird for someone who knows the lyrics.

edit: Meh, just leave it the way it is.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cecilthemos

Mifune24 wrote:

Is there a show or anime that this song is from? If there is, I'll put it as the background.

Thanks a lot guys. I'll make a normal mode as well.
No, I just have heard this song, and it's really weird that I'd know a random Japanese song.
Echo
I approve.

*bubbles*
EiJi
Ranked. Good work.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Thanks once again for the rank, fellas.

But uh...why is there three difficulties? Normal can pretty much be eliminated. :D
deepsea
Online offset +15.

deepsea proposed, Pasonia approved.