forum

Multiple colours for hitscores depending on hiterror

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,308
Topic Starter
Yauxo
Simple request.
Would it be possible to add another, different colour to the 100 and 50 hitscore; One for the early 100s, one for the late 100s, one for the early 50s and one for the late 50s?
Sometimes when hitting a stream off the 300s I dont really know if Iam too fast or too slow. My idea is now that there would be a, lets say, red 100 which indicates that youre too fast. If youre too slow, there would be a blue 100. (Or the other way around, red for showing you danger of being too slow, blue to show you that you could/should slow down, "cool down")
Obligatory toggle off/on

Thoughts?

Edit: This is an OLD idea. Best thing would probably to make things skinable

Oinari-sama wrote:

Maybe make it skinnable? Some people may want custom indication colour to match their skin design.

Leaving 300s aside, maybe have these for hitting early:
-hit100e.png
-hit50e.png
-hit0e.png

Hitting late:
-hit100L.png
-hit50L.png
-hit0L.png

hit100/hit50/hit0 will be used instead if these new objects don't exist in the skin.
Oinari-sama
I vaguely recall that there was discussions on having the hit colour take on the hit error colour, but I can't find that topic anywhere...
Topic Starter
Yauxo

Oinari-sama wrote:

I vaguely recall that there was discussions on having the hit colour take on the hit error colour, but I can't find that topic anywhere...
Neither do I, nor recall that there had been one. Thats why Ive opened this one.
Tekklorn
Seems like it'd be a lot of hassle for skinners for not all that much use, interesting idea but I'd say it's too much effort for what it's worth. Also, there's a hit error indicator that you can enable in the options that displays how far off the ideal timing you are, although I do understand that it's at the bottom of the screen and it'd be near impossible to keep a constant track of it during a song, but the point I'm making is that something to show your hit accuracy has already been implemented (pretty recently too) so this will probably be rejected.
Coffee Hero
Seems like it'd be a lot of hassle for skinners
How
El Koko
But we already have the hit error bar...

Anyway I actually like this idea. I find it more useful for 100's/50's, my 300's are transparent anyway
iaceo
I dont believe too much help should be provided for people as they play.. I found the hit error up during gameplay questionable.. Its only saving grace beeing the positioning, so you could probably only sneak a peek at it for realtime adjustments if you were in a pretty simple or slow moving stream.

I keep it up and it's sufficient to let me check how im messing up some hits. Either during short breaks in the song or in the replay..

Adding something that would give you an even clearer visual input on how you're following the beat would just be a small step from adding an ingame metronome helping you follow the song.. I think too much fluff and help will take from the experience rather than expand it.
Topic Starter
Yauxo
I ofc know about the hiterror meter on the bottom, thats where the idea is from. Since Iam currently trying to get used to higher BPM steams I am able to check it if theres a break after a long stream - I like it for that purpose, but iam just unable to check it as I am streaming.

iaceo wrote:

I found the hit error up during gameplay questionable.. Its only saving grace beeing the positioning, so you could probably only sneak a peek at it for realtime adjustments if you were in a pretty simple or slow moving stream.
^Pretty much this.

iaceo wrote:

... or in the replay
Thats what I have to do and I dont feel like it helps me in any way, since I cant slow down or speed up when the map's already played.

iaceo wrote:

Adding something that would give you an even clearer visual input on how you're following the beat would just be a small step from adding an ingame metronome helping you follow the song.. I think too much fluff and help will take from the experience rather than expand it.
Maybe it could be handled the same as animated followpoints are? If someone wants this feature in his skin then he could just create, lets say, hit100e and hit100l for early and late- or just leave it as it is to disable this feature.
And as the experience goes; As someone whos learning how to stream it would definitely help me alot. Maybe new players would benefit too
Kaeru
I wouldn't mind this if it was something that can be turned on and off. Also, instead of having a different pictures for late/early, I think the hit bursts should simply change colours depending on how late/early they were pressed. So for example, the user can select any five colours they want for the following judgements: very early, early, on time, late, and very late.

If the user picks yellow/green/blue/orange/purple respectively for example, the hit bursts (including 300s) will be solid blue when perfectly on time, between blue and orange when a little late and between blue and green when a little early. Solid yellow/purple when the object is hit as early/late as possible, and otherwise somewhere in between yellow/green and orange/purple. This would allow (with some visual training) the player to receive feedback on how early/late they are without needing to make any changes to skin elements and without having to look at the bar on the bottom, while also allowing players to define their own colours which they are comfortable with.
Your Good Self

Oinari-sama wrote:

t/130808
t/113705/start=23
Oinari-sama

Your Good Self wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

t/130808
t/113705/start=23
Oh it was t/130808! Thanks for digging that up :)

I'll leave this one open for time being since there's a recent duplicate. If you have anything new to add to this request now's the time :)
momo1478
Really would like to see this in the game, I had a duplicate thread because I didn't know this one existed. Just bringing it back up. Support++;
abraker
This would be useful.
Lilynn
I give this idea zero walnuts on the walnut scale.

Reason: I enjoy not knowing if im too early or too fast, It leads to my eventual purchase of a new keyboard.

Note: There is no such thing as too much fluff.
abraker
Reason: I enjoy not knowing if im too early or too fast, It leads to my eventual purchase of a new keyboard.
By far the weirdest reason to anything I read so far.

There is no such thing as too much fluff.
And the weirdest followup I read
Lilynn

abraker wrote:

By far the weirdest reason to anything I read so far.

There is no such thing as too much fluff.
And the weirdest followup I read
I can assure you that my statement is backed up by science, and factual statements and cool stuff like that!
OsuMe65
why add confusion?
Nokui
This would be helpful and can't see it being to hard to add, Skinning the new numbers takes about 5 min to copy past and change colour so can't see that being a big deal

OsuMe65 wrote:

why add confusion?
I can see this but I was thinking more of a lighter/darker for the numbers rather than a full colour change E.g. Dark green 100s for falling behind light green for going to fast. Plus you don't really need to use them

El Koko wrote:

But we already have the hit error bar...

Anyway I actually like this idea. I find it more useful for 100's/50's, my 300's are transparent anyway
the hit error bar forces you to look down (no matter how quick the glance), 300's wouldn't make any seance (the higher the OD the less seance 300's make) because they're "perfect"
Topic Starter
Yauxo
That 1 year necro though.

I guess I'd still be for the idea, but only if this happens to be optional.
Oinari-sama
Maybe make it skinnable? Some people may want custom indication colour to match their skin design.

Leaving 300s aside, maybe have these for hitting early:
-hit100e.png
-hit50e.png
-hit0e.png

Hitting late:
-hit100L.png
-hit50L.png
-hit0L.png

hit100/hit50/hit0 will be used instead if these new objects don't exist in the skin.
show more