46 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4  next
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Star Shooter
182 posts
Thor wrote:
I know but it is making you understand the point also. Witch means he aided in this.

I'm pretty sure i understood the point from the beginning
Whistle Blower
21 posts
Oh drama.. :9
I had a little look at what settings the built in Minecraft streaming offers (found an image, see spoilerbox)

collapsed text
I can't make complete sense of those settings.. bits per pixel and compression? don't they both represent the video quality? Usually you lower the resolution rather than pixel quality (bpp).

Quote:
pixels per second = Width x Height x Frames per second

Then, divide the bitrate of your video by the pixels per second to get the bits per pixel (bpp):

Bits per pixel (bpp) = video bitrate / pixels per second

So he must be streaming at around 720p since he gives it 3500 bandwidth, if he did calculate what bandwidth would be required..
(1280x720x25x0.150 = 3456000 (bits/second) And this all took me more effort than it should to figure out.. and I'm still not certain if bandwidth is displaying bits or bytes) Yes i posted math, come at me bro
So far I've found it harder to figure out what is going on and would likely turn to trial and error for every setting myself (like he probably has.. 25fps and that quality ^^)
I do hope those are the preset settings.. That aside !

From the looks of it its still your computer doing the encoding/compression/whatever so I don't see why this would use up less resources than having a software developed for the purpose do it.. If actually running a second program for the purpose is what you're worried about i cant say OBS uses up much memory while its idle..

Increase in load for actually working should be the same as with minecraft.. (if not less, it's probably better developed; alas i cannot verify this)
So the only upside (i can see) with streaming support is making it easier to access?

I can't resist... If this ingame streaming enables streaming for people who usually could not stream minecraft (because of computer limitations), it's because you can't tell your stream is at 240p quality, partially due to the settings and.. Would any one notice?? Just look at the graphics............

Still would like twitch chat ingame though o/ support
Rhythm Incarnate
5,252 posts
there should be an auto setting in there...
Cymbal Sounder
41 posts
I would actually love this feature. I would be streaming and so would people who use twitch/youtube.
It could possibly bring osu! even more traffic than it's getting now due to all the popularity on Twitch/Justin.tv
Combo Commander
445 posts
Kuchibiiru wrote:
I would actually love this feature. I would be streaming and so would people who use twitch/youtube.
It could possibly bring osu! even more traffic than it's getting now due to all the popularity on Twitch/Justin.tv

this.
Combo Commander
263 posts
Cymbal Sounder
41 posts
I support.... Nyari's opinion on this suggestion.
Combo Commander
306 posts
To be most honest, I don't find this necessary. There are already programs which allow you to overlay Twitch chat over your game. Also, customization is grand with OBS and XSplit.
Cymbal Sounder
31 posts
Sounds like a realy nice idea!

Support!
Tempo Trainee
6 posts
Star Shooter
239 posts
Cymbal Sounder
30 posts
This would be really useful i think,I would give you my votes but i don't have any :(
Beat Clicker
62 posts
I support it, if it will be only for "Osu Supporter"
because it's a really good idea but i think it's too expensive for free players or something, i don't know...
Rhythm Incarnate
1,660 posts
^ most streamers if not all are supporters anyway.

I'd even just settle for twitch chat integration. Both twitch and osu! use IRC protocol so this seems doable. In fact, this feature is already semi-complete as mods are able to join #spectate via IRC, while sadly regular players like me can only do this for public channels. If we could be allowed to join #spectate via IRC I could just use a copy/pasta bot to copy chat from twitch and paste it to #spectate. But a fully integrated twitch chat support is more preferable and user friendly to streamers.

This feature has my vote although peppy is already interested lol.
Beat Clicker
60 posts
I've tried streaming osu before, my cheap 2006 ASUS laptop doesn't seem to like it when I try to stream.

However, I can stream minecraft with ease since Twitch is integrated, and minecraft is almost certainly more taxing on my laptop than osu is, so if there was Twitch integration it'd be nice...

EDIT: to be more clear, I don't own another computer, my laptop is the only thing I have, so this isn't me saying I'd like to stream on my laptop as well as my computer, I only have this piece of shit. Half the reason I started playing osu was because it was very easy to run, and since integrating Twitch takes no effort in most games, it'd only make people like me have easier access to streaming.
Reply 46 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4  next