forum

Applying filters when using search in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +55
Topic Starter
Ledo_old_1
As of now filters aren't applying when you type in a word in the search bar
These things:

For example, if I type in "insane" to look for lobbies playing insane songs it will show locked games, full games, etc. The tabs also do not work while using the search feature (osu!, Taiko, CTB, osu!mania).

I think we should either:
A. Just fix the search feature to include the filters and such.
B. Include a drop down menu next to the searchbar and include modes Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane. (Since some songs have custom difficulties we could substitute these with stars [1-5])

Another thing, I usually have a hard time finding an open lobby that contains people from my own country in it. I know the US isn't the most popular country when it comes to osu! players, but I think we should add an option to search lobbies with players with your country. (Just include another button like "show full" in the filters that says "Users from your country" or something to that degree.)

Sorry if this is worded weirdly.
Oinari-sama

Ledo wrote:

A. Just fix the search feature to include the filters and such.
I will find option A quite useful.
TheVileOne
I would like a way to filter game type specific matches. It's really annoying to try to find a tag coop match. It would save more time to filter or search for the gametype than trying to read the new game font looking for the game type.
kurufu
Bumping,

I'd love to be able to use the filters from solo mode when looking for multi lobbies (particulary the ability to use stars>X or stars<X now that stars are a useful measure of beatmap difficulty). Even if its limited to beatmaps I already have downloaded it would be useful (more useful if we could get a way to search across beatmaps i don't own).
Katsu-kun
I would prefer a filter for the Team mode ( Tag Coop, Team Vs, Head to Head). Because it's really annoying how you have to do it to find the specific lobby. :-(