forum

Help I'm just getting worse at this game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dalollypop
For like a few days now, i can't play this game at all any-more. just randomly turned super crap at it.

i don't know why, my hand shakes a bit when weird patterns come up. it didn't use to. also i try to move my mouse to another note, but sometimes it just doesnt go the whole way even though i am moving it. I seriously can't take it anymore, its stressing me out. I MEAN I CAN'T EVEN S RANK MY FAVOURITE MAPS ANY MORE!!!! sometimes it just feels stiff too. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

got any tips to improve my accuracy
(and no i'm not disabling mouse accel) I've tried that and it's much worse.

EDIT: oh my it's gotten so bad i can't even play guren no watchucallit anymore :( guess i should move on to takio or ctb or something.
TwentyOne21_old
Push yourself too hard can make more stressful. Enjoy the game and the music, relax when playing
Play with easy level for warming up and if you think you're ready, then play a harder map
kriers
you won't disable mouse accel huh. Enjoy!
enik
Don't expect any results before you're going to play anything, if you don't feel like you can S one of your favourite maps - skip it. Or stop caring about random letter you'll get and enjoy the map. Play maps you never played before and maps you did bad at, it will give you an illusion of a good performance. Sometimes it's really hard to beat a great score you got before so look at this from another point of view: you were the one who got this score therefore you can get it anytime again if you try hard enough. Try to avoid those maps-milestones if you don't want to get stressed out and move on :)

dalollypop wrote:

i try to move my mouse to another note, but sometimes it just doesnt go the whole way
(and no i'm not disabling mouse accel)
hmhm
Espionage724

dalollypop wrote:

This is only true because you have to get used to it at first.

Personally, the thought of something else controlling your mouse pointer movement "erratically" does not sound welcome for this kind of game at all, but that's just me (mouse accel will not always put your cursor in the same position). Good luck :)
AmaiHachimitsu
You probably meant "I switched it off for 5 minutes and it felt slow, so it's worse".

You can get used to nearly every possible sensitivity, matter of time. You can get used to accel on but you will never reach the precision of aiming that accel-off mousers can achieve.
Seikunai
This calls for more practice!
NixXSkate
I highly suggest turning off mouse acceleration lmao...
It's ridiculously hard to get good with it on, I only know 1 player that was able to get decent with it on.
I never understood why I used to suck so hard at jumps until I got used to having it off. Moving with mouse acceleration on is too far impacted by mood, blood pressure, and your current confidence to play consistently.
Wishy
3000 plays and still playing easies and normals... this game is not for you, you will suck forever.
Topic Starter
dalollypop
i guess i could try turning it off again for the 7th time :P (it always just feels like im not in control any-more and my cursor is all floaty)

and yeah i usually don't mind my score or rank i get on a map, unless i already know i can easily beat it no problem. i guess i should just take a break or play some new maps then. thanks guys ;)

Wishy wrote:

3000 plays and still playing easies and normals... this game is not for you, you will suck forever.
Really helpful, Love you too wishy wash :P <3
Pettanko
Buy a tablet.
darkmiz

Pettanko wrote:

Buy a tablet.
MarioBound
Maybe your favourites are all single-diff maps.
Zakdawg
3k playcount... nuf said
Soulg

Pettanko wrote:

Buy a tablet.
El Koko
As a mouse-only player I am highly grateful I turned off my mouse acceleration (at around rank 6000 or so. Not that it really matters). You will improve.

Se.rious.ly. You CAN be good with mouse acc on but try turning it off at least a week. You won't turn it back on. Ever.

Anyway, you're probabl shaking because it's cold. Get a heater or something.

Personal experience, I play really badly when it's cold and I haven't warmed up. Same thing in the morning. I'm mostly better at night. Try to warm up first and play more. You can't lose skill out of nowhere.
H0RCRUX
ACtually though, me too. Used to be able to S a map but when i try now i can barely get a c. Maybe it's just a phase or something or we're cursed to get worse the more we play :P
Tamako Lumisade
Want a shovel?
- Zuramaru -
Nice necro xd
KupcaH
Let's dig
show more