forum

Greetings, fellow Osu!ers.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slezak
I just recently became interested in the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents series of games and I just want to say I am happy to have found this. I have been told I've got a good ear for music and good rhythm, so when I found a simulator that lets you edit your own beatmaps, I shouted for joy! (Internally, of course... Didn't want to startle anyone around me.)

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I want to say... I'm decent at this game.
I was a little reluctant to try the OTO and EBA games because I'm visually-impaired, and I have to hold the DS screen close to me in order to be able to see it well. Well, I'm glad to say I overcame that obstacle. Hopefully, with practice, I can eventually get a #1 ranking on a song. And I'll contribute some beatmaps along the way (as soon as I can find some good songs to map.)

If I need any assistance, I'm not afraid to shout for HEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALP! Haha... Anyway, I'm off to see if I can find some good beatmappable material!
chan
Hi and welcome! Hope to see you climb the scoreboards and make a few beatmaps on the way. I think there are a few mods who are quite helpful/willing to help, so don't be 'fraid to ask :P

Slezak wrote:

I was a little reluctant to try the OTO and EBA games because I'm visually-impaired, and I have to hold the DS screen close to me in order to be able to see it well.
If I may ask, what kind of visual impairment do you have?
Topic Starter
Slezak
I've had it since I was born. No useful vision in my left eye (Although I can still see out of it), my right eye is... okay, but details far away, like signposts and such, are impossible for me to read. I have to get my face very close (ca. 2-3 inches) to anything with text (books, papers, the DS screen, the computer monitor, etc.) unless it has huge font. I have a white cane to help me get around, and a monocular (think a pair of binoculars, but just one) that magnifies things 10x, so I am able read street signs. And before you ask, corrective lenses didn't help. Also, I have to wear sunglasses when I go outside, even on a cloudy day.