forum

Turn off the cursor [Tablet PC]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
sergioosh_old
Cursor is pretty much useless when you have Tablet PC. Well, at least ingame. I think it would be nice for Tablet PC users to have the ability to turn off the cursor perhaps with some hotkey. Thanks in advance! I love this game, but there's always a room for improvement ;)

EDIT:
Uum, cursor doesn't count as "new feature", right? xD (just read the feature request guidelines:P )
Gabi
that would be stupid.....

anyways you can skin away the cursor i belive <_<
foulcoon
Just replace cursor.png and the cursortrail image with transparent png files.. shouldn't be too hard. If you need help check the FAQ skinning section.
peppy
This is already an option in my "arcade mode" osu!. I will probably make this available to the public at a point in the future, but until then you are free to skin the cursor as suggested. I won't deny this in case there is overwhelming support, in which case I will add it as an option sooner.
mm201
Skinning shouldn't be necessary for something so sensible. This should even be the default if a tablet is detected.

Support.
rust45

MetalMario201 wrote:

This should even be the default if a tablet is detected.
No way in hell I'll let that happen. You still need the cursor with a tablet, it's the tablet PC's where you don't need the cursor.
mm201

rust45 wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

This should even be the default if a tablet is detected.
No way in hell I'll let that happen. You still need the cursor with a tablet, it's the tablet PC's where you don't need the cursor.

sergioosh wrote:

Tablet PC.
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
If detection fails that'd be a problem.
mm201

rust45 wrote:

I was responding to you, not the topic about how you just said tablet, you didn't make it clear you meant tablet PC.
I use the two interchangeably, especially when there's already a context established where we're referring to Tablet PCs.

strager wrote:

If detection fails that'd be a problem.
Manual override, of course.
Topic Starter
sergioosh_old
Been away for a while... lost my stylus!! xD
As you can see the only way for now is to skin the cursor, but it shouldn't be too hard to include an option to simply turn it off... Forget the auto-detection, because some people may prefer to play on tablet PC with cursor.
On the other hand i doubt there'll be "overwhelming" demand for this option :/ Is that really really necessary? ^^"
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kanbei
+1 for option to turn off cursor ingame.

....endocitocsis is evil

Edit: spelling
ktgster
it would be more hell to turn it off if your making a youtube video.
YGOkid8

ktgster wrote:

it would be more hell to turn it off if your making a youtube video.
agreed
Kanbei
Its been a year now, adding this feature request to Christmas list

*shameless bump
Guy-kun
You've been waiting a year for this?
Jesus christ, replace the cursor.png with a transparent png
Kanbei
Lol I have done that silly, I'm talking about automaticly turning off the cursor for tablet users so that its not such a hassel to replace it for every template. Maybe even make it like the "noVid" mod, just called "No cursor".
rust45
/me checks old post in topic

What was I thinking back then?

Anyway, I think if there is a way to achieve this, and probably not very many people use Tablet PCs in the first place, I think it would be pretty pointless to add a feature just for them.
mm201

rust45 wrote:

What was I thinking back then?
Beats me ಠ_ಠ
Lexical arguments ftl
show more