forum

[invalid] Confine Mouse Cursor to Window

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
stripeythetiger
So I've been scouring the intwerwebs for an app that will allow me to confine my mouse cursor to inside a window. Sometimes, when playing osu, I spin so hard on the spinners that I click out of the window, thus causing the window to minimize (I use touchpad ;w;). I know there are many applications for windows, but sadly, I'm using osu on mac (yeah, haha, I know), and there doesn't appear to be any applications on mac as of yet that I know of that can confine a cursor to a window (If anyone could point me to an application that can confine my cursor to only a certain part of my screen, it'd be greatly appreciated).

So, I propose that the option to confine my cursor to only the osu window will be available, so that I will never click outside the window in the middle of an SS osu run again!
If it isn't possible for this to be implemented on mac, I understand, however, I still think it would be great for this to be on osu, regardless of which version, and this come in handy, even in full screen (i.e. people playing with dual monitors).

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you guys will at least consider?? my request. I can only imagine how many requests you guys get each day.

-stripeythetiger

P.S. Sorry if this is a duplicate request, I searched the forums, and I didn't find anything, though I might have missed something.
Dexem
try playing full screen? My cursor cant leave my windowed mode for whatever reason. I have no idea why.
Topic Starter
stripeythetiger

Dexem wrote:

try playing full screen? My cursor cant leave my windowed mode for whatever reason. I have no idea why.

The reason why I don't play full screen if because it's worse. There's lag, if I try to change the graphics settings, osu crashes, and my cursor constantly jumps around the screen for no reason (I think). Also, if I move my cursor to the right and keep going, it comes out the left (like in pac-man), and that makes it so that I pretty never get 300 on spinners in full screen.
TheVileOne
Your cursor shouldn't be escaping the window. Something is wrong with your game.
Topic Starter
stripeythetiger

TheVileOne wrote:

Your cursor shouldn't be escaping the window. Something is wrong with your game.

When my actual mouse cursor goes off the screen, it can still move the osu cursor around. Either way, I'll still try reinstalling. Is there a way to keep all my beatmaps so I don't have to redownload them after uninstallation?

EDIT: Easier than I thought it was, I guess all I do is back up the songs folder.

EDIT NUMERO DOS: Redownloaded osu, my mouse still goes off the screen. Perhaps this is an OSX only thing, it's in beta right (can anyone confirm)?
Dexem

stripeythetiger wrote:

Dexem wrote:

The reason why I don't play full screen if because it's worse. There's lag, if I try to change the graphics settings, osu crashes, and my cursor constantly jumps around the screen for no reason (I think). Also, if I move my cursor to the right and keep going, it comes out the left (like in pac-man), and that makes it so that I pretty never get 300 on spinners in full screen.
buy a new computer stop playing on a cardboard box.
Topic Starter
stripeythetiger
buy a new computer stop playing on a cardboard box.
My brother uses the gaming computer sitting next to me, but he always plays league on it.

huehuehue

(also, don't you hate it when someone says something like this I mean it's always like this people always say "get a new computer scrub" but how is that going to help do you think I haven't considered that option yet that's always the first thing that goes through people's minds, I guess that's why people always say that in threads asking for technical help I'm not being mad at you I'm just noting something please don't take this the wrong way)
peppy
confinig to window doesn't work in OS X. reinstalling will never work, for what it's worth.
Winshley
This is more like an issue coming from Mac OS X instead of a feature request, so I'll mark this as [invalid].
Azuma Tooru
Go to options -> Search for confine -> if you don't want your mouse get out the window when you're playing as fullscreen and windowed then choose never. Otherwise, you can choose always then your mouse can get out the window like you said or only for fullscreen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flanster
Congratulations on bumping a thread thats been dead for 4 years. Please check the timestamps next time.