forum

XeoN - Eternal Fantasy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eyenine
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:29:18 PM

Artist: XeoN
Title: Eternal Fantasy
Source: DJMAX TECHNIKA 2
Tags: Fantasy Pop
BPM: 127
Filesize: 2721kb
Play Time: 01:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.17 stars, 68 notes)
  2. Fantasy (3.06 stars, 254 notes)
  3. Hard (2.59 stars, 187 notes)
  4. Normal (1.64 stars, 115 notes)
Download: XeoN - Eternal Fantasy
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
All diffs done by me.

Yay ranked after 16 months and 19 days!

Don't you just love symmetry? I do.
There's symmetry all around us (though not in the super macroscopic scale), go take a look.

For those people who likes to play fast/overmapped low bpm insanes, I'm sorry, but this is how I feel this song is supposed to be mapped. Forget that it's rated as Hard. After all, this map is nothing but a fantasy.

Thanks to:
Desperate-kun - kick-starter mod which was, in my opinion, very wonderful. And a whole lot of mod posts as well.
Ringating - Background image. (Well, he cleaned the original one without me even requesting, so yeah.)
IamKwaN - Rank
And to all others who modded this (shitty) map.

P.S. This mapset's Hard is my masterpiece. I cannot create anything better than that map.
Myxo
Mod by Request :3

[General]

1. Consider adding some kiai-mode to your diff, as it has a pretty nice effect. It would fit the song to have kiai from 01:02:591 to 01:32:827.
  2. Your difficulty settings seem to be quite unfitting, and it concerns all of your diffs. That's why I am mentioning it here. The problems are, that the OD in easy is too high and too low in Insane, and the difficulty curve from Easy to Insane seems not perfect. It's common that the OD and HP drain aren't higher than the AR, they are usually one or two points lower. I suggest to go with these difficulty settings:
  3. Easy - AR3 - HP2 - OD2
  4. Normal - AR5 - HP3 - OD3
  5. Hard - AR7 - HP5 - OD5
  6. Insane - AR8 - HP7 - OD7
  7. In every difficulty, you placed a spinner at the very end. It doesn't end on a very good beat, because there's nothing at this beat. It would be better, if the spinners would end at 01:32:827 (1).
[Easy]

1. Spacing issues:
  2. It is highly recommended, that you keep the distance spacing constant throughout an Easy difficulty. That means, if you use 1,0x as a base spacing, you should use it in the whole diff, for every object. That is because different spacing is mostly very confusing for newbies to play. That's the main problem of this difficulty. So, what I suggest is, you first look at the rhythm problems I listed you below and fix them. After that, you rearrange the difficulty and get the spacings correct.
  3. Of course, everything doesn't need to be exactly 1.0x, + or - 0.03x is ok and not really noticable.... But avoid spacing higher than 1.03x and lower than 0.97x
  4. Rhythm issues:
  5. 00:22:906 (2) - The rhythm starting with this slider doesn't fit very well. First of all, this slider ends at a big white tick. This is a bad idea here though, since the big white tick is very emphasized and the slider doesn't feel like this, because a slider-end is for less emphasized beats, while the start of a slider or a circle is for moe emphasized beats. So, I suggest to let the slider end at 00:24:323 and start a new one at 00:24:796. This would look like this in the editor:
  6. Secondly, there's the same problem with 00:25:268 (1). I understand what you want to map with the reverse lying on a red tick here, but it doesn't seem appropriate in this situation. I consider doing this rhythm-wise:
  7. Lastly, there's rhythm-issues directly afterwards as well. I suggest this rhythm, because 00:27:630 seems like a beat you should map here:
  8. 00:28:575 (1,2) - There's a problem of readability here, for the easy-diff-players. They can't easily read a change in polarity. That means, if a slider ends on a white tick and the next one starts on a red tick. Because the gap between those objects seems irregular for the newbies. That's one reason why you should consider to use this rhythm (also because the slider ends on the big white tick again):
  9. 00:35:426 (3,1) - There's a problem with the polarity again. You could fix it by deleting (3) and adding a reverse to (2). Don't worry, it doesn't follow the main instrument exactly then, but it's much better to play for newbies. And it's not overmapping, because there is a beat at the new slider-end:
  10. 00:42:748 (3) - The slider ending on a bit white tick doesn't fit here, for reasons i mentioned earlier. I suggest this rhythm:
  11. 01:00:701 (3,4) - Similar issue again, and I don't want to repeat me. Add reverse to first slider after deleting the second one. Like this:
  12. Some tips to improve the look of your diff:
  13. 00:17:237 (1,2) - You used some blankets, like this, in your difficulty. It's called blanket, because the circle is supposed to be exactly in the middle of the slider. That doesn't have to be 100% accurate, but it should atleast look like it. So, if you use blankets, try using this technique:
  14. You can see, how the approach circle of the circle is identical with the border of the slider. That means, your blanket is perfect (or at least, almost perfect). Perfect blankets make your diff look much better ^^
  15. Well, this map has much more objects that could look better together, and there could also be hitsounding improvements. I will not mention these here, though, as I mentioned the most important stuff for you already. The map can't be made perfect through one single mod. To rank this, you have to get some more modders, which will help you with those things ^^
[Normal]

1. Spacing issues:
  2. Here, again, the biggest problem is the distance spacing. Like in easy, spacing should be consistant for the whole diff in normal. Luckily, the diff has much less rhythm problems. So you can just fix those, and after that, rearrange the spacing. This also applies here:
  3. "Of course, everything doesn't need to be exactly 1.0x, + or - 0.03x is ok and not really noticable.... But avoid spacing higher than 1.03x and lower than 0.97x"
  4. Rhythm issues:
  5. 01:01:882 (4) - The end of this slider is very emphasized, so you should consider to change the rhythm like this:
  6. 01:17:237 (6) - The same rhythm-issue like before, just change it like this for better rhythm:
  7. Major improvements of flow:
  8. 00:10:859 (2,3) - You tend to do this too often. This is hard to play for newbies, because they need to move back in a sharp angle, and then turn around with their cursor again. Their cursor movement looks like this:
  9. Basically, in Hard or Insane diffs, you can do that easily, because more professional players just drop-off the first slider and move directly to the next one. Newbies always try to follow the exact path, so you should be careful with patterns like this. These are more examples in your diff:
  10. 00:56:922 (4,5) - 00:57:867 (5,1)
  11. Instead of those examples of bad flow, you can use oval-flow more often. It's quite useful to know about it and use it, because it plays the best in all kinds of difficulties. For normal + easy, oval flow can be explained like that:
  12. This is oval flow, because the cursor movement goes around in an oval shape. If that is the case, it's always fun to play and easy to handle ^^
  13. Same as the easy diff, this diff needs work in terms of flow, look, and hitsounding, even after you fixed the mentioned problems. So you will obviously need some more mods, then it will be fine!
[Hard]

1. Well, that Hard difficulty really impressed me ^^ After the easy + normal diff, my expectations weren't so high, but this was much better than I expected o: So, I will go into more detail with modding here, because the diff seems to be better already!
  2. 00:13:457 (1) - As you can see from the approach circle in this picture, the blanket with (3) is not quite perfect:
  3. 00:41:567 (4,5,6) - This pattern looks a little bit sloppy done, because of the different distance spacing. It would look better, if the distances were the same.
  4. 00:56:685 (6) - Try to stack this circle exactly with the end of (5). Just delete it and replace it, so it should be doing this itself.
  5. 01:22:906 (4) - You could ctrl+g on this slider, to create a better flow. Don't worry, the jump afterwards is okay to play in a hard diff, because it's simple for players to stay at the beginning of the slider, so that the distance to (1) is not so high.
  6. 01:27:630 (6) - Because of the low AR, this overlap with (4) is pretty noticable. I suggest to move (6) at the position of (4), to x:373 y:199, to create a better look. The flow wouldn't be broken either. Of course, you would have to redo some objects afterwards, because the transition would be bad. It would look like this:
  7. Those are the most outstanding flaws for now. With a little more mods, this diff will be very fun to play and almost perfect! ^-^
[Fantasy]

1. According to new ranking criteria for difficulty names, the name "Fantasy" is not allowed anymore. You have to include the word "Insane" in the title, so you could do something like "Fantastic Insane" or something... Or you just have to rename it to "Insane"
  2. Well, your insane is also pretty nice! Not as good as the Hard difficulty in my opinion, but it has very much potential! And with mods it will be diamond for real! Just consider to fix these suggestions...
  3. 00:02:119 (1,2,3,4) - You could make a perfect square here, to give it a better look. Just try to use the Create-Polygon-Circles-Tool (Ctrl+Shift+D). The same obviously applies for the mirrored square shortly after this one.
  4. 00:07:315 (5) - This slider appears to close to the border of (4) and (1), which makes it look a little bit unappealing. Try moving it some grids down maybe:
  5. 00:33:300 (3,4) - Using the same slider, just y-flipped and x-flipped, would work better.
  6. 01:28:103 (5) - This phrase would flow better, if you applied ctrl+g to this slider.
  7. The rest seems ok for now! Good work
Well, first of all, sorry for the wall of text. But this mapset needed some major improvements, which were these, in my opinion. If you fix most of this, you're on the right way. Then the next modders will be able to go deeper into hitsounding, flow and look. This was really, really much work to write this and post the screenshots and everything, so I hope you will reply to me and tell what you fixed and what not :3
Keep up the good work, and never give this mapset up! I want to see this ranked someday!
Topic Starter
Eyenine

Desperate-kun wrote:

Mod by Request :3

[General]

1. Consider adding some kiai-mode to your diff, as it has a pretty nice effect. It would fit the song to have kiai from 01:02:591 to 01:32:827.
  2. Your difficulty settings seem to be quite unfitting, and it concerns all of your diffs. That's why I am mentioning it here. The problems are, that the OD in easy is too high and too low in Insane, and the difficulty curve from Easy to Insane seems not perfect. It's common that the OD and HP drain aren't higher than the AR, they are usually one or two points lower. I suggest to go with these difficulty settings:
  3. Easy - AR3 - HP2 - OD2
  4. Normal - AR5 - HP3 - OD3
  5. Hard - AR7 - HP5 - OD5
  6. Insane - AR8 - HP7 - OD7
  7. In every difficulty, you placed a spinner at the very end. It doesn't end on a very good beat, because there's nothing at this beat. It would be better, if the spinners would end at 01:32:827 (1).
[Easy]

1. Spacing issues:
  2. It is highly recommended, that you keep the distance spacing constant throughout an Easy difficulty. That means, if you use 1,0x as a base spacing, you should use it in the whole diff, for every object. That is because different spacing is mostly very confusing for newbies to play. That's the main problem of this difficulty. So, what I suggest is, you first look at the rhythm problems I listed you below and fix them. After that, you rearrange the difficulty and get the spacings correct.
  3. Of course, everything doesn't need to be exactly 1.0x, + or - 0.03x is ok and not really noticable.... But avoid spacing higher than 1.03x and lower than 0.97x
  4. Rhythm issues:
  5. 00:22:906 (2) - The rhythm starting with this slider doesn't fit very well. First of all, this slider ends at a big white tick. This is a bad idea here though, since the big white tick is very emphasized and the slider doesn't feel like this, because a slider-end is for less emphasized beats, while the start of a slider or a circle is for moe emphasized beats. So, I suggest to let the slider end at 00:24:323 and start a new one at 00:24:796. This would look like this in the editor:
  6. Secondly, there's the same problem with 00:25:268 (1). I understand what you want to map with the reverse lying on a red tick here, but it doesn't seem appropriate in this situation. I consider doing this rhythm-wise:
  7. Lastly, there's rhythm-issues directly afterwards as well. I suggest this rhythm, because 00:27:630 seems like a beat you should map here: Hold for now. There's no beat at 00:27:630 though there is one a blue tick before and a red tick after.
  8. 00:28:575 (1,2) - There's a problem of readability here, for the easy-diff-players. They can't easily read a change in polarity. That means, if a slider ends on a white tick and the next one starts on a red tick. Because the gap between those objects seems irregular for the newbies. That's one reason why you should consider to use this rhythm (also because the slider ends on the big white tick again):
  9. 00:35:426 (3,1) - There's a problem with the polarity again. You could fix it by deleting (3) and adding a reverse to (2). Don't worry, it doesn't follow the main instrument exactly then, but it's much better to play for newbies. And it's not overmapping, because there is a beat at the new slider-end:
  10. 00:42:748 (3) - The slider ending on a bit white tick doesn't fit here, for reasons i mentioned earlier. I suggest this rhythm:
  11. 01:00:701 (3,4) - Similar issue again, and I don't want to repeat me. Add reverse to first slider after deleting the second one. Like this:
  12. Some tips to improve the look of your diff:
  13. 00:17:237 (1,2) - You used some blankets, like this, in your difficulty. It's called blanket, because the circle is supposed to be exactly in the middle of the slider. That doesn't have to be 100% accurate, but it should atleast look like it. So, if you use blankets, try using this technique:
  14. You can see, how the approach circle of the circle is identical with the border of the slider. That means, your blanket is perfect (or at least, almost perfect). Perfect blankets make your diff look much better ^^
  15. Well, this map has much more objects that could look better together, and there could also be hitsounding improvements. I will not mention these here, though, as I mentioned the most important stuff for you already. The map can't be made perfect through one single mod. To rank this, you have to get some more modders, which will help you with those things ^^
[Normal]

1. Spacing issues:
  2. Here, again, the biggest problem is the distance spacing. Like in easy, spacing should be consistant for the whole diff in normal. Luckily, the diff has much less rhythm problems. So you can just fix those, and after that, rearrange the spacing. This also applies here:
  3. "Of course, everything doesn't need to be exactly 1.0x, + or - 0.03x is ok and not really noticable.... But avoid spacing higher than 1.03x and lower than 0.97x"
  4. Rhythm issues:
  5. 01:01:882 (4) - The end of this slider is very emphasized, so you should consider to change the rhythm like this:
  6. 01:17:237 (6) - The same rhythm-issue like before, just change it like this for better rhythm:
  7. Major improvements of flow:
  8. 00:10:859 (2,3) - You tend to do this too often. This is hard to play for newbies, because they need to move back in a sharp angle, and then turn around with their cursor again. Their cursor movement looks like this:
  9. Basically, in Hard or Insane diffs, you can do that easily, because more professional players just drop-off the first slider and move directly to the next one. Newbies always try to follow the exact path, so you should be careful with patterns like this. These are more examples in your diff:
  10. 00:56:922 (4,5) - 00:57:867 (5,1)
  11. Instead of those examples of bad flow, you can use oval-flow more often. It's quite useful to know about it and use it, because it plays the best in all kinds of difficulties. For normal + easy, oval flow can be explained like that:
  12. This is oval flow, because the cursor movement goes around in an oval shape. If that is the case, it's always fun to play and easy to handle ^^
  13. Same as the easy diff, this diff needs work in terms of flow, look, and hitsounding, even after you fixed the mentioned problems. So you will obviously need some more mods, then it will be fine!
[Hard]

1. Well, that Hard difficulty really impressed me ^^ After the easy + normal diff, my expectations weren't so high, but this was much better than I expected o: So, I will go into more detail with modding here, because the diff seems to be better already!
  2. 00:13:457 (1) - As you can see from the approach circle in this picture, the blanket with (3) is not quite perfect:
  3. 00:41:567 (4,5,6) - This pattern looks a little bit sloppy done, because of the different distance spacing. It would look better, if the distances were the same.
  4. 00:56:685 (6) - Try to stack this circle exactly with the end of (5). Just delete it and replace it, so it should be doing this itself.
  5. 01:22:906 (4) - You could ctrl+g on this slider, to create a better flow. Don't worry, the jump afterwards is okay to play in a hard diff, because it's simple for players to stay at the beginning of the slider, so that the distance to (1) is not so high.
  6. 01:27:630 (6) - Because of the low AR, this overlap with (4) is pretty noticable. I suggest to move (6) at the position of (4), to x:373 y:199, to create a better look. The flow wouldn't be broken either. Of course, you would have to redo some objects afterwards, because the transition would be bad. It would look like this:
  7. Those are the most outstanding flaws for now. With a little more mods, this diff will be very fun to play and almost perfect! ^-^
[Fantasy]

1. According to new ranking criteria for difficulty names, the name "Fantasy" is not allowed anymore. You have to include the word "Insane" in the title, so you could do something like "Fantastic Insane" or something... Or you just have to rename it to "Insane"
  2. Well, your insane is also pretty nice! Not as good as the Hard difficulty in my opinion, but it has very much potential! And with mods it will be diamond for real! Just consider to fix these suggestions...
  3. 00:02:119 (1,2,3,4) - You could make a perfect square here, to give it a better look. Just try to use the Create-Polygon-Circles-Tool (Ctrl+Shift+D). The same obviously applies for the mirrored square shortly after this one.
  4. 00:07:315 (5) - This slider appears to close to the border of (4) and (1), which makes it look a little bit unappealing. Try moving it some grids down maybe:
  5. 00:33:300 (3,4) - Using the same slider, just y-flipped and x-flipped, would work better.
  6. 01:28:103 (5) - This phrase would flow better, if you applied ctrl+g to this slider.
  7. The rest seems ok for now! Good work
Well, first of all, sorry for the wall of text. But this mapset needed some major improvements, which were these, in my opinion. If you fix most of this, you're on the right way. Then the next modders will be able to go deeper into hitsounding, flow and look. This was really, really much work to write this and post the screenshots and everything, so I hope you will reply to me and tell what you fixed and what not :3
Keep up the good work, and never give this mapset up! I want to see this ranked someday!
I ended up fixing almost everything. Nice wall mod!
Thanks for the great mod!
mintong89
Hey

[Insane]

00:05:898 (1,2,3,4) - How about make a proper triangle? it's make prettier.
00:08:024 (1,2,3,4) - ^
00:15:347 (2,3,4) - Make it one line? (to make flow better)
SPOILER
Current Suggestion
00:33:772 (4) - add a clap at slider-head?
00:53:024 (5,6) - It really feel good if you put whistle! (6 - sliderhead)
01:14:874 (3) - add whistle.

I think your NCs aren't assign properly.

[Hard]

00:40:622 (2) - stack with 00:39:441 (6) - to make more clean?

[Normal]

00:30:465 (4,5,6,7) - Make the (4) with (6) one line?

Easy is fine for me.
Good luck!
Jaxalotl
Easy
00:07:788 (3,1) - Make these blankets better
Normal
00:20:071 (4) - Make the spacing equal and the triangle better
01:21:489 (1,2,3) - Good opportunity to make a really nice blanket
Insane
00:08:969 (3,4) - Neaten this please.
Topic Starter
Eyenine

Mintong wrote:

Hey

[Insane]

00:05:898 (1,2,3,4) - How about make a proper triangle? it's make prettier.
00:08:024 (1,2,3,4) - ^
00:15:347 (2,3,4) - Make it one line? (to make flow better)
SPOILER
Current Suggestion
00:33:772 (4) - add a clap at slider-head?
00:53:024 (5,6) - It really feel good if you put whistle! (6 - sliderhead)
01:14:874 (3) - add whistle.

I think your NCs aren't assign properly.

Fixed all

[Hard]

00:40:622 (2) - stack with 00:39:441 (6) - to make more clean? Fixed

[Normal]

00:30:465 (4,5,6,7) - Make the (4) with (6) one line? No fix. I want to keep 6 higher than both 4 and 1 slider head.

Easy is fine for me.
Good luck!

Thor wrote:

Easy
00:07:788 (3,1) - Make these blankets better Nope. I don't intend any blanket here. Besides, making a blanket here will offset the sliders' center from x: 256
Normal
00:20:071 (4) - Make the spacing equal and the triangle better
01:21:489 (1,2,3) - Good opportunity to make a really nice blanket Fixed both.
Insane
00:08:969 (3,4) - Neaten this please. Check Mintong's mod.
Thanks for the mod, Mintong and Thor!
JeZag
Hello :3
Request for a M4M :)

Easy
SPOILER
00:17:237 (1,2) - The joint looks a bit akward; perhaps move the head of 00:19:126 (2) up a bit
01:10:150 (1,2) - this could look more like from 01:09:678 (4,1). Move 01:12:040 (2) - down a bit?
01:29:993 (2,3) - is there a reason why 01:31:410 (3) doesnt make a blanket over 01:29:993 (2)? Looks a bit awkward

Normal
SPOILER
00:06:370 (2,3) - switch the order might help flow
idk.. nothing else stands out as really being horrible

Hard
SPOILER
Maybe an extra note at 1:14 stacked on 01:14:284 (1) to follow rhythm...
01:22:906 (4,1) - this jump is a bit awkward; see if you can arrange 01:23:378 (1,2) so that they don't stack and flow into 01:23:615 (3) instead.

try placing 01:28:575 (1) so that it is somewhere between 01:28:103 (7) and 01:29:048 (1) for flow?

Insane
SPOILER
00:12:276 (4) - is the red tick meant to be there? it makes the slider look crooked
00:13:457 (1) - remove NC and make 00:15:347 (2) NC
00:37:552 (7,8) - this space is weird... stack 00:37:906 (8,9) onto 00:37:552 (7) maybe?
00:59:756 (4,5) - awkward space, make it closer like 00:58:811 (2,3)
01:04:481 (1,2,3) - same i suppose
01:08:260 (1,2,3,4) - add a note at 01:08:615 (4) and push the slider back

Overall, even though this is an insane diff, the ds still feels like it should be more consistant. Ex: 01:29:993 (5,6) has little space while 01:30:347 (6,7) has more

Nice song and difficulties~
Good luck getting ranked!
EZ2ACTux
Right, lets take a look

Normal mode is looking great! I have no problems with it myself. Its looking good

I can say the same for easy mode. No complains. Looks fine, flows great. Good job!

I have a few things to say about hard mode.
1. The circle at 00:31:646 is just awkwardly placed. I broke my combo on the play test run and I think a ton of other people would too. Its just awkwardly placed.
These are present throughout the hard mode map so just play test the map any you'll see what I mean.

Apart from that I have no other things to really point out. Its looking really good! Keep up the good work!

Hope your map gets ranked sometime soon!
Topic Starter
Eyenine

JeZag wrote:

Easy
SPOILER
00:17:237 (1,2) - The joint looks a bit akward; perhaps move the head of 00:19:126 (2) up a bit er... Fixed?
01:10:150 (1,2) - this could look more like from 01:09:678 (4,1). Move 01:12:040 (2) - down a bit? Fixed
01:29:993 (2,3) - is there a reason why 01:31:410 (3) doesnt make a blanket over 01:29:993 (2)? Looks a bit awkward No reason.

Normal
SPOILER
00:06:370 (2,3) - switch the order might help flow How? I mean there's too much time gap between 1 and the previous long slider, so flipping this won't do much.

Hard
SPOILER
Maybe an extra note at 1:14 stacked on 01:14:284 (1) to follow rhythm... Nope. Adding on the red tick would also oblige me to add on the white, and that would mean big jumps.
01:22:906 (4,1) - this jump is a bit awkward; see if you can arrange 01:23:378 (1,2) so that they don't stack and flow into 01:23:615 (3) instead. Fixed.

try placing 01:28:575 (1) so that it is somewhere between 01:28:103 (7) and 01:29:048 (1) for flow?Not changing until two more mods says the same. I want to make this part a small jump. Also, placing it anywhere between 7 and 1 will defeat my spacing. (The only plausible space point is slider 6 head, that's why.)

Insane
SPOILER
00:12:276 (4) - is the red tick meant to be there? it makes the slider look crooked Yes, so no change until two other mods says the same.
00:13:457 (1) - remove NC and make 00:15:347 (2) NC NO WAY! This is the NC I most like. Besides, removing this NC only serves to break NC consistency.
00:37:552 (7,8) - this space is weird... stack 00:37:906 (8,9) onto 00:37:552 (7) maybe? Well, not for me, so still, two mods.
00:59:756 (4,5) - awkward space, make it closer like 00:58:811 (2,3) Fixed, though I don't like placing 5 near, so I might change it back.
01:04:481 (1,2,3) - same i suppose One mod. Besides, I want to make a (very) small jump at this point
01:08:260 (1,2,3,4) - add a note at 01:08:615 (4) and push the slider back Nope. I'm following the synth flute or whatever and only that. Making the slider shorter would defeat the rhythm.

Overall, even though this is an insane diff, the ds still feels like it should be more consistant. Ex: 01:29:993 (5,6) has little space while 01:30:347 (6,7) has more I'll try to remember that, but not those objects, so two mods on those. (The small jump is some sort of emphasis.)

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Right, lets take a look

Normal mode is looking great! I have no problems with it myself. Its looking good

I can say the same for easy mode. No complains. Looks fine, flows great. Good job!

1. The circle at 00:31:646 is just awkwardly placed. I broke my combo on the play test run and I think a ton of other people would too. Its just awkwardly placed. I can't see why this is awkwardly placed. I mean, I played this map a good number of times before and it doesn't feel awkward to me. Also, did you just commit converse accident?
These are present throughout the hard mode map so just play test the map any you'll see what I mean.

Apart from that I have no other things to really point out. Its looking really good! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the mod, JeZag.
Sorry Tuxdude, I cannot give you kudosu with that mod. I am grateful that you dropped a star, though.

EDIT: It's more like wishful thinking than converse accident.
Minao
Hi!

Mod request ~ :)

General
I'm not a great fan of the circle/slider colors. Maybe try this set:
Combo1 : 0,128,0
Combo2 : 131,131,65
Combo3 : 120,196,19
Combo4 : 10,75,30

Very nice map set in general! :D

Easy
I LOVE this diff! The sliders chains are very nice, it's very harmonious...
Only few things to say:
00:07:788 (3,4,1) - Here the sliders are not very harmonious; I think it could be better like this http://puu.sh/7stQi even if it's not perfectly centered.
00:19:126 - Same reasons here; I would make it http://puu.sh/7stWS

Normal
I don't have the same feeling than with the easy diff but it's difficult to explain :/ Maybe in general the sliders are more straight than curved and the chain between it are not as harmonious as the easy diff. But still a nice diff :D
00:13:457 - For more harmony I would do this: http://puu.sh/7surY
00:17:000 - since this point i suggest you a lot of changes (hope it will be clear enough xD):
1) http://puu.sh/7suHQ
2) http://puu.sh/7suKb
3) http://puu.sh/7suNu
00:31:410 (6) - This circle is not on the same horizontal axis than 00:30:465 (4)

Hard
00:07:788 (5) - I would make it more curved for harmony with the circle 4: http://puu.sh/7sv9o.jpg. You can change the next objets for this too: http://puu.sh/7svbD (copying the slider 5 at the slider 7 place).
00:27:394 (4) - Maybe put this more on the right (and adapt the next objects) so it fits better with slider 3 (on my opinion).
00:48:181 (2) - I would do this just a little more curved.
01:28:103 (7) - I would put this just a little more on the bottom.

Insane
00:11:095 (5) - Maybe you can do this more curved: http://puu.sh/7svEr
00:18:654 (5,6) - Same ^ : http://puu.sh/7svLn.jpg
00:20:071 (9) - Same ^
00:21:016 (1) - Same ^ : http://puu.sh/7svP3.jpg
00:48:418 (3,4) - I would make this : http://puu.sh/7svSN.jpg
00:55:741 (4) - I think it could me a little more curved
01:25:977 (3) - Why not Ctrl + H ? http://puu.sh/7svY9.jpg

That's all. I hope it was helpful. You made a good job on this :) Good luck for ranking!
Topic Starter
Eyenine

Minao wrote:

Hi!

Mod request ~ :)

General
I'm not a great fan of the circle/slider colors. Maybe try this set:
Combo1 : 0,128,0
Combo2 : 131,131,65
Combo3 : 120,196,19
Combo4 : 10,75,30 What good choice of colors!

Very nice map set in general! :D

Easy
I LOVE this diff! The sliders chains are very nice, it's very harmonious...
Only few things to say:
00:07:788 (3,4,1) - Here the sliders are not very harmonious; I think it could be better like this http://puu.sh/7stQi even if it's not perfectly centered. Time to change this. Goodbye center T_T
00:19:126 - Same reasons here; I would make it http://puu.sh/7stWS Fixed a bit.

Normal
I don't have the same feeling than with the easy diff but it's difficult to explain :/ Maybe in general the sliders are more straight than curved and the chain between it are not as harmonious as the easy diff. But still a nice diff :D
00:13:457 - For more harmony I would do this: http://puu.sh/7surY Nope. This would lead to spacing inconsistency at slider 3-slider 1
00:17:000 - since this point i suggest you a lot of changes (hope it will be clear enough xD):
1) http://puu.sh/7suHQ
2) http://puu.sh/7suKb
3) http://puu.sh/7suNu Spacing, spacing, spacing. Becomes a problem when applying something similar to yours.
00:31:410 (6) - This circle is not on the same horizontal axis than 00:30:465 (4) Nope. (Does this thing always have to be on the same y-line as 4?)

Hard
00:07:788 (5) - I would make it more curved for harmony with the circle 4: http://puu.sh/7sv9o.jpg. You can change the next objets for this too: http://puu.sh/7svbD (copying the slider 5 at the slider 7 place) Nope. Cursor movement becomes more acute. Also, off center. I want to keep x:256 symmetry..
00:27:394 (4) - Maybe put this more on the right (and adapt the next objects) so it fits better with slider 3 (on my opinion). No change. (I want to keep spacing and blankets.) Changed slider 3 instead.
00:48:181 (2) - I would do this just a little more curved. Fixed a bit.
01:28:103 (7) - I would put this just a little more on the bottom. Moved 12 points down.

Insane
00:11:095 (5) - Maybe you can do this more curved: http://puu.sh/7svEr I'll go for the overlap with 3 than a blanket with 4.
00:18:654 (5,6) - Same ^ : http://puu.sh/7svLn.jpg
00:20:071 (9) - Same ^
00:21:016 (1) - Same ^ : http://puu.sh/7svP3.jpg Fixed all three.
00:48:418 (3,4) - I would make this : http://puu.sh/7svSN.jpg Ever heard of double blanket?
00:55:741 (4) - I think it could me a little more curved Nope. Curved enough to blanket 3
01:25:977 (3) - Why not Ctrl + H ? http://puu.sh/7svY9.jpg Hold until two mods say the same. I don't like how objects 3-5 would look like if 3 was flipped.

That's all. I hope it was helpful. You made a good job on this :) Good luck for ranking!
Thanks for the mod!
EZ2ACTux

Eyenine wrote:

JeZag wrote:

Easy
SPOILER
00:17:237 (1,2) - The joint looks a bit akward; perhaps move the head of 00:19:126 (2) up a bit er... Fixed?
01:10:150 (1,2) - this could look more like from 01:09:678 (4,1). Move 01:12:040 (2) - down a bit? Fixed
01:29:993 (2,3) - is there a reason why 01:31:410 (3) doesnt make a blanket over 01:29:993 (2)? Looks a bit awkward No reason.

Normal
SPOILER
00:06:370 (2,3) - switch the order might help flow How? I mean there's too much time gap between 1 and the previous long slider, so flipping this won't do much.

Hard
SPOILER
Maybe an extra note at 1:14 stacked on 01:14:284 (1) to follow rhythm... Nope. Adding on the red tick would also oblige me to add on the white, and that would mean big jumps.
01:22:906 (4,1) - this jump is a bit awkward; see if you can arrange 01:23:378 (1,2) so that they don't stack and flow into 01:23:615 (3) instead. Fixed.

try placing 01:28:575 (1) so that it is somewhere between 01:28:103 (7) and 01:29:048 (1) for flow?Not changing until two more mods says the same. I want to make this part a small jump. Also, placing it anywhere between 7 and 1 will defeat my spacing. (The only plausible space point is slider 6 head, that's why.)

Insane
SPOILER
00:12:276 (4) - is the red tick meant to be there? it makes the slider look crooked Yes, so no change until two other mods says the same.
00:13:457 (1) - remove NC and make 00:15:347 (2) NC NO WAY! This is the NC I most like. Besides, removing this NC only serves to break NC consistency.
00:37:552 (7,8) - this space is weird... stack 00:37:906 (8,9) onto 00:37:552 (7) maybe? Well, not for me, so still, two mods.
00:59:756 (4,5) - awkward space, make it closer like 00:58:811 (2,3) Fixed, though I don't like placing 5 near, so I might change it back.
01:04:481 (1,2,3) - same i suppose One mod. Besides, I want to make a (very) small jump at this point
01:08:260 (1,2,3,4) - add a note at 01:08:615 (4) and push the slider back Nope. I'm following the synth flute or whatever and only that. Making the slider shorter would defeat the rhythm.

Overall, even though this is an insane diff, the ds still feels like it should be more consistant. Ex: 01:29:993 (5,6) has little space while 01:30:347 (6,7) has more I'll try to remember that, but not those objects, so two mods on those. (The small jump is some sort of emphasis.)

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Right, lets take a look

1. The circle at 00:31:646 is just awkwardly placed. I broke my combo on the play test run and I think a ton of other people would too. Its just awkwardly placed. I can't see why this is awkwardly placed. I mean, I played this map a good number of times before and it doesn't feel awkward to me. Also, did you just commit converse accident?

Thanks for the mod, JeZag.
Sorry Tuxdude, I cannot give you kudosu with that mod. I am grateful that you dropped a star, though.

EDIT: It's more like wishful thinking than converse accident.
I understand. Honestly though i couldn't see much to nitpick about though. Its looking great which is why i went and dropped a star. I don't really care about kudosu anyway, just the feeling i get from helping people mod their maps.

I wish you the very best of luck. This is one map I will be following closely!
pishifat
so i was gonna do an m4m but i noticed you only want maps under 12 SP... maybe you can turn it into a ticket on your queue or something, but if you don't want to, here's a free mod :D

oh, and as per usual with mods, most things are just considerations and not everything needs to be applied. (especially with this map since most stuff is pretty much perfect :P)

General
the slider tick rate should be 1 instead of 2. compared to the average tv size max combo, the easy and normal difficulties are around twice as high as they should be. for the later difficulties it's not really a big deal but it might be better to keep it consistent.

Easy
00:02:119 (1) the first note could be more symmetrical like 00:27:158 (5) this could be blanketted a bit better, but it may be a lot of work since that woudl mean modifying the next couple notes too
Normal
nothing here. this diff is too good lul

Hard
00:39:914 (1) not a big deal at all, but since everything else is perfectly stacked, i thought this could be aligned with 00:38:024 (1) a bit better
01:14:284 (1,2) and 01:16:528 (3,4,5) this is a bit awkward. you changed the distance spacing from 1.2x to 1.5x and there are circles placed on blue ticks (which is normally avoided in hard difficulties). i think it may be fine if you just kept to the 1.2x DS or used 3/4 sliders like a lot of others do. (the distance spacing changes on the 1/2 sliders later on may be fine though since you can sort of cut sliders short)

Insane
00:34:244 (5) extreme nit-picking here, but i think this note could be blanketted better with 00:33:300 (3)
00:36:607 (4) this gets auto-stacked right underneath the slider and i think it would be better if you sort of custom-stacked like this: (those coordinates are x299 y78 if you wanted to use them)

--------------------------

that's it. gl on the map :D
Ringating
random bg mod

I increased the resolution and smoothed the image's similar colors (original had some artifacting due to compression, so this got rid of that). I also made a version with some more contrast, since the original is kinda washed out.

Topic Starter
Eyenine

pishifat wrote:

so i was gonna do an m4m but i noticed you only want maps under 12 SP... maybe you can turn it into a ticket on your queue or something, but if you don't want to, here's a free mod :D

oh, and as per usual with mods, most things are just considerations and not everything needs to be applied. (especially with this map since most stuff is pretty much perfect :P)

General
the slider tick rate should be 1 instead of 2. compared to the average tv size max combo, the easy and normal difficulties are around twice as high as they should be. for the later difficulties it's not really a big deal but it might be better to keep it consistent. Applied to Normal and Easy.

Easy
00:02:119 (1) the first note could be more symmetrical like Fixed.00:27:158 (5) this could be blanketted a bit better, but it may be a lot of work since that woudl mean modifying the next couple notes too Fixed. You made me adjust 12 notes after
Normal
nothing here. this diff is too good lul

Hard
00:39:914 (1) not a big deal at all, but since everything else is perfectly stacked, i thought this could be aligned with 00:38:024 (1) a bit better Can't. It will break the blanket, and thus, everything.
01:14:284 (1,2) and 01:16:528 (3,4,5) this is a bit awkward. you changed the distance spacing from 1.2x to 1.5x and there are circles placed on blue ticks (which is normally avoided in hard difficulties). i think it may be fine if you just kept to the 1.2x DS or used 3/4 sliders like a lot of others do. (the distance spacing changes on the 1/2 sliders later on may be fine though since you can sort of cut sliders short) I don't see why this is awkward. I mean, I did the same on 00:42:748 (6,7,8) and they all play well for me. Also, I'd rather map the song than follow that normally and avoid the blue ticks.

Insane
00:34:244 (5) extreme nit-picking here, but i think this note could be blanketted better with 00:33:300 (3) Fixed.
00:36:607 (4) this gets auto-stacked right underneath the slider and i think it would be better if you sort of custom-stacked like this: (those coordinates are x299 y78 if you wanted to use them) Two more mods on the same time point before I change this. The custom stack doesn't look any better to me.

--------------------------

that's it. gl on the map :D
Thanks for the mo. Sorry, can't give you ticket. (2 requests ignored before ticket.)

==============

Ringating wrote:

random bg mod

I increased the resolution and smoothed the image's similar colors (original had some artifacting due to compression, so this got rid of that). I also made a version with some more contrast, since the original is kinda washed out.

This is what I really need.
Thanks for the random bg mod. Will be using the original with basic improvements from now on or until I find a better bg.
Neta
Hello~ from my modding queue

[General]
  1. 00:02:119 to 00:17:000 - hitsound is little big here i think. better volume down 10~20% will be nice

[Easy]
  1. 00:21:016 (1) - ?!! i think this is your mistake
  2. 00:34:244 (2) - move to 436, 208 will be better
  3. 01:13:457 (3) - ^ 104, 220 for blanket~
  4. 01:13:930 (1) - ^ 164, 252 if you accepted 01:13:457 (3)

[Normal]
  1. 00:03:300 (2) - i think no whistle is better
  2. 00:06:370 (2,4) - remove whistle this two ? your choice
  3. 01:06:370 (1) - this slider's shape looks little weird move slider's reverse point to 408, 296 will be clear

[Hard]
  1. 01:14:284 (1,2) - better use smaller distance. shorter beat than 01:02:592 (1,2) but use wider distance can give players confuse
  2. NICE JOB~

[Insane]
  1. from 00:14:048 to 00:15:347 - it feels empty since i played how about put this beat?
  2. 01:00:347 (6) - move to 220, 56 for same distance 00:59:756 (4,5,6)
  3. 01:25:268 (2,3) - overlapped little. i recommend make this not to overlap
nicemap! Good Luck
Topic Starter
Eyenine

Neta wrote:

Hello~ from my modding queue

[General]
  1. 00:02:119 to 00:17:000 - hitsound is little big here i think. better volume down 10~20% will be nice Well, not for me. The change in musical momentum from the intro to the verses is just small. One more mod before I change this.

[Easy]
  1. 00:21:016 (1) - ?!! i think this is your mistake Thanks for noticing!
  2. 00:34:244 (2) - move to 436, 208 will be better Changed. There's not much change, though.
  3. 01:13:457 (3) - ^ 104, 220 for blanket~ Blanket~
  4. 01:13:930 (1) - ^ 164, 252 if you accepted 01:13:457 (3) Moved to 164, 148.

[Normal]
  1. 00:03:300 (2) - i think no whistle is better No change. The pitch is higher here. Added whistle on slider 1 end to compensate.
  2. 00:06:370 (2,4) - remove whistle this two ? your choice Too silent. No change.
  3. 01:06:370 (1) - this slider's shape looks little weird move slider's reverse point to 408, 296 will be clear I don't see why it is weird, but fixed anyway.

[Hard]
  1. 01:14:284 (1,2) - better use smaller distance. shorter beat than 01:02:592 (1,2) but use wider distance can give players confuse Why do people hate this small jump sequence? I mean, I don't even see why it's confusing. 01:02:592 and 01:14:284 are two time points that are considerably far apart, so the former wouldn't affect much how the pattern flows at the latter time point. ONE MORE MOD AND I'LL CHANGE THIS, BUT THEY HAVE TO GIVE ME A REALLY CONVINCING REASON.
  2. NICE JOB~ Thanks~

[Insane]
  1. from 00:14:048 to 00:15:347 - it feels empty since i played how about put this beat? Nope. I'm following the drum-sort-of thing here, which fades at this time range. Besides, your suggestion ruins the next objects imo.
  2. 01:00:347 (6) - move to 220, 56 for same distance 00:59:756 (4,5,6) Moved to 200, 56. My, your coordinates are a bit far off.
  3. 01:25:268 (2,3) - overlapped little. i recommend make this not to overlap I don't see how your suggestion differs from mine. Moreover, I intend a bit of overlap here.
nicemap! Good Luck
Thanks for the mod!

EDIT: Changed something in the mod. Last week's exams made me groggy.
neonat
Normal

00:21:016 (1) - add a clap on end of slider
00:27:394 (4) - ^
01:24:323 (5) - maybe put a clap in the middle, up to you
01:27:158 (4) - clap on end of slider

Hard

00:55:032 (2,3,4) - the slider cuts down and then the circle after is placed top left of it, people would have to cut their movement to get to it, maybe this?
00:55:977 (4) would then stack above 00:57:867 (2)
01:17:000 - add a note to go with music

Insane

00:43:693 (2) - NC instead
01:19:008 - the string instrument here, add a note
01:25:268 (2,3) - don't overlap?

Good Luck
Topic Starter
Eyenine

neonat wrote:

Normal

00:21:016 (1) - add a clap on end of slider
00:27:394 (4) - ^
01:24:323 (5) - maybe put a clap in the middle, up to you
01:27:158 (4) - clap on end of slider

Hard

00:55:032 (2,3,4) - the slider cuts down and then the circle after is placed top left of it, people would have to cut their movement to get to it, maybe this?
00:55:977 (4) would then stack above 00:57:867 (2)
01:17:000 - add a note to go with music

Insane

00:43:693 (2) - NC instead
01:19:008 - the string instrument here, add a note
01:25:268 (2,3) - don't overlap? I give up.

Good Luck
Wow I ended up fixing everything.
Thanks for the random mod!

Due to this mod, I had to remove small jump at 01:14:284 (1,2)
Those mods who asked for this change, rejoice.
rezoons
Hi :),

EDIT: Do you accept rhythm game songs? They're of similar length as TV size songs so I don't know.
Well, my map you moded is a BMS song so YES, i do accept rhythm game song indeed! If i refuse TV size song it's not because of the length, it's because of the song!

So, here is my mod. It's been 3 months since i haven't moded anything so sorry if i'm a little rusty.

[Easy]
When i say "one grid up/down/right/left" in the mod, i always talk about grid level 4
Rhythm
  1. 00:45:583 (6,7,1) - I think you should change the rhythm here like this:

for two reasons:
    First, 00:47:473 is a strong notes and it would be much better if the player could play it instead of just have it at the end of a slider. Moreover, the note at 00:48:181 feels more important than the one at 00:48:418 so when playing 00:48:418 (1) and skipping 00:48:181 it doesn't feel right.
Placement/Aesthetic
  1. 00:19:126 (2) - (nazi) Move the second slider point one grid left for a better blanket.
  2. 01:10:150 (1) - Move the 3rd slider point to x=200 y=220 for a better blanket. This is not nazi this time, this blanket is very off!
  3. 01:13:457 (3,1) - (nazi) Move them 2 grid up. This way 3 is a little bit more at the center of 1 and 2
  4. 01:15:819 (2,3,1) - Move the end point of 2 one grid left then move 01:17:237 (3,1) one grid left. It looks much better imo.
NC
  1. 00:24:796 (3) - NC? Otherwise your combo is 16 beat long which is a little bit too long.
  2. 00:43:693 (4) - NC? Otherwise the combo is again a little too long.
Hitsound
  1. 00:09:678 (1) - You put whistle on the head of 00:05:898 (1) and 00:06:843 (2) so i think you should put whistle on the head and the first reverse of this slider (just like you did for 00:13:457 (1)) for consistency because there is the same "metallic sound" in the music.
  2. 00:24:796 (3) - You can ear a cymbal in the music so finish on the head? (you did it in the other diff)
  3. 00:30:937 (3) - We can also ear a cymbal at the end of this slider (but this one is much quiter so it's less important than the previou suggestion) so maybe put a finish at the end of the slider. And if you do so, do the same for the other diff as well.
  4. 00:28:575 (1) - clap at the end?
  5. 00:32:355 (1) - ^ actually, there are a lot of other place where you put clap in your other diff but not here. It's weird, expecially since the clap in the song are quite audible. I won't point out the others but maybe you should recheck them? (00:37:552 (2) - 00:42:276 (2) - 00:56:449 (2,4) for exmaple)
[Normal]
Rhythm
  1. 00:24:796 (1,2) - Why not using this rhythm here:

Because i think the notes at 00:25:268 and 00:26:213 shouldn't be ignored.
  2. 00:47:473 (5,1) - Maybe use this rhythm:

Because i don't thin the note at 00:48:181 should be ignored either.
Hitsound
  1. 00:35:426 (6) - Whistle on the head?
  2. 01:25:268 (1) - ^
[Hard]
Rhythm
  1. 00:42:748 (6,7,8) - I think this fits better the music:
  2. 01:12:985 (7,1,2) - ^ (and for some reason there is no jump here despite the fact that the rhythm is similar than 00:42:748 (6,7,8) and you put a jump there.)
Placement/Aesthetic
  1. 00:53:851 (5,6,1,2) - This is an odd place for a jump considering the fact that you didn't put jump on some other strong notes like 00:47:473 (5) or
  2. 00:39:914 (1) which would have deserve a jump. So i'd suggest to move 00:54:796 (1) to x=64 y=320.
  3. 01:02:592 (1,2,3,4,5) - These anti-jump are pretty confusing. Especially since we just enter the kiai on some strong note we doesn't really expect to have an anti-jump here. It's especially more disturbing when playing in hidden. I'd recommand to use a spacing of x1.2 like you did for the rest of the map.
  4. 01:17:237 (6,7) - Move them to x=416 y=32? This way you have a nice triangle and i think it's more logical to have the same spacing between 01:17:000 (5,6) and between 01:17:355 (7,8) like you did in the insane.
NC
  1. 01:28:575 (1,1) - I'm not sure i understand these NC? Maybe it's to emphasize the note/slider but you never did this before in the map when there were similar notes like these (like 00:47:473 (5) for example) Same thing in the Insane.
[Insane]
Seems fine.

Overall the map is quite nice to play. You abuse a little bit of the symmetry for my taste and the hitsounds sounds weird to me sometimes but that's just personal preference. Good luck with your mapset :)
show more