forum

Making Invite Links in #lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +373
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Linking your multiplayer game in #lobby makes it so much easier to find games in a multilingual chatroom. Have it be something similar to /np, but works in the lobby.

Come join my game. It will be fun.
/mg
mp145645 game link appears

It would be better than waiting for someone to enter your room. This would be very good for newer players.
Oinari-sama
Will be useful, it's a lot better than saying "Join my game XXX" in lobby then having people "lost their ways."

It should have a built in cool down for spam protection, eg each mp room is allowed 1 link per minute per channel.

And may I suggest using a command like /npm since it's easier to remember?
FrzR

Oinari-sama wrote:

And may I suggest using a command like /npm since it's easier to remember?
This could really help as well.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Oinari-sama wrote:

It should have a built in cool down for spam protection, eg each mp room is allowed 1 link per minute per channel.
IMO it should be exclusive to #lobby and private messages.
Nines
Maybe a button in the Multiplayer lobby that automatically copies the Invite Link to your clipboard so you can paste where you need to?
Aelya_old
I was about to post this suggestion, so I went off to check if it had already been suggested. Thankies~ <3

The message should display at least the game name with a link (as it happens with private invites now) and the game mode. It would be cool to add the current song too, but that would take up too much space, I think.

Anyway, just bumping and expressing my appreciation ^.^/ This would go a long way in taking #lobby out of its current state of suck (you know it's true if you ever actually tried to use it) and increasing its efficiency tenfold.
It kinda irks me when someone makes a random multiplayer ad somewhere, people tell him "use #lobby LOL!" and then you check #lobby and it's sunk in random chaos... which is pretty much all the time :p
PyaKura
Yes yes yes yes yes. I really don't know how we couldn't come up with this idea earlier. Stars~
deadbeat
inb4 more #lobby spam :(

but yeah, i like this idea. could work well
Nathanael
Bump.
I've seen certain people on #help asking on how to make room links at chat so I think this should be implemented.
But there should be a cooldown from using this just like the now playing command so it cannot be spammed easily.
Doesn't matter if these users would copy-paste them as a regular chat. Moderators would silence them.
Marcin
I was about to post the same request, disallow writing in #lobby, and allow only putting invite link by clicking a button, this way we can get rid of moderating that channel and forcing people to do what they are supposed to do (which is impossible anyway)
Stefan

deadbeat wrote:

inb4 more #lobby spam :(

but yeah, i like this idea. could work well
People honestly won't mind by that.

Support~
Rio-

Marcin wrote:

I was about to post the same request, disallow writing in #lobby, and allow only putting invite link by clicking a button
Then the name of that channel won't be #lobby anymore... But #MPInvite(?) (In irl, lobby are supposed to be a place for chatting while waiting for something right?)

inb4 Support~
Oinari-sama

Marcin wrote:

I was about to post the same request, disallow writing in #lobby, and allow only putting invite link by clicking a button, this way we can get rid of moderating that channel and forcing people to do what they are supposed to do (which is impossible anyway)
That'll make #lobby a lot more useful than its current form. The room host however should be allowed to post comments too, since not everyone is familiar with [URL Comments] in chat.
Marcin
/mg message should be editable then :P
Nathanael
What I was just also thinking..

• Input
    [list:1337]99:99 Nathanael: /command_here custom_text
Output
  • 99:99 Nathanael: [multi_link_here custom_text]
deadbeat
i dream of the day this is added
Kitokofox
I fully support this with stars in my eyes. This'll make things 10% nicer in #lobby (Any improvement is good improvement @.@)
Yukiteru Amano
If you already have made the room and want to inv people. Wouldn't a simple /mg in any chat be better :)? In #CTB or #Taiko since in Lobby there almost only Standard players!
buny
Doesn't hurt to have it, but multi is a bit dead and so advertising isn't very necessary.

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

If you already have made the room and want to inv people. Wouldn't a simple /mg in any chat be better :)? In #CTB or #Taiko since in Lobby there almost only Standard players!
#lobby opens automatically every time you enter multiplayer

sadly, nobody checks it.
Oinari-sama
Any chance to look at this again?

Not many people knows how to advertise their room efficiently. Although I've seen a few smart hosts who "produced" their own link by inviting a friend and ask them what the room number is, this method is tedious to use (it not unknown). Having a function such as /npm or /mp will help hosts advertise their room more effectively.

Of course there can be added benefit of a "cleaner #lobby" should the devs choose to implement something like this:

Marcin wrote:

show more