forum

Disable Middle Click (Pausing)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +136
Topic Starter
Lanturn
First of all. I know about this: http://puu.sh/3RKlP.jpg

I always use the mouse wheel to change the volume / effect volume as needed, because I find using the arrow keys just not appealing.

When I spin in osu!, I tend to use M1 to spin instead of k1/k2 mostly due to the fact that I like to clench my mouse tightly when doing circles. However, with my mouse, if I press down a bit too hard on M1 or M2, it activates my middle click (My crap mouse.) So basically it comes down to, when I spin, I sometimes hold down the mouse key too much and it hits my middle click, and completely ruins my spin.

There may be some players out there who like to click notes and end up having the same problem, easy solution is just to turn off the mouse wheel. This works, but I personally love the mouse wheel to adjust volume, as I use it a lot on the title screens, during songs, etc. I know the mouse wheel still works on the title screen, but when I start a song, I usually have the volume lowered for one or another reason. Either from spectating or just lowering the music on the title screen.

Just to be clear on my request. I just wish for an option to disable it, not remove it completely. I'm sure many others are out there with the wheel already disabled and know the pain of having to use the keyboard to adjust volume, when it should already be in your hand to adjust.

With the pic below, this could also as a backwards request for those who like the pause button but don't like it when the volume adjusts when hitting it.

Also: if done right, you could disable m1/m2 but have the wheel still active, for your pausing / volume pleasure for those who accidentally click during gameplay when you use k1/k2

Rin Satsuki_old
Ok, I'll push this request up because its realy annoying.. Sometimes, when i spin, I hit this button and that realy can make you angry.
Xandaros
Can we please get this?
Middle mouse button is my push to talk key in teamspeak and it is very annoying when I accidentally pause the game or even quit multiplayer matches...
Luqanted
That sudden bump tho lmao

and yeah this is a good idea for mouse players. even tho i dont play osu! anymore
Xandaros
Middle mouse button used to be bugged for me, so it didn't actually do anything. For some reason, it fixed itself, though.
I want that bug back...

It's really annoying. I play with other people on teamspeak, but I can't talk during a break or I leave the game. And there seems to be no way of turning it off :(

Not even disabling the volume thing does anything.

Edit:
I actually changed my push to talk key to mouse5. Which I had to remap to mouse11 since mouse5 is used in firefox, where you also cannot disable it :/
Seriously guys, stop hard-coding buttons...
i click to lose
It really makes no sense why we can't disable mouse wheel click without disabling the entire mouse wheel... Also, why does "disable mouse buttons" not turn off mouse wheel click? I keep randomly pausing in the middle of songs
euw
ADD option to disable mouse3 PLEASE!

EDIT: my bad it already exists
kungarm
To disable mouse 3 can do in game option it called "Disable mouse wheel in play mode" If you can't find it. it's on menu INPUT.