forum

Suggestion For Two-Player Mode, CTB and Osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Flaredragon_old
One day I was playing Catch The Beat on my laptop while my friend had the wired mouse on the side, and it occurred to me...what if there was a two-player (on one computer) mode where one play played regular, Elite Beat Agents-style Osu while the other player played Catch the Beat? The game could run on both screens at the same time and it would look pretty hectic to onlookers...otherwise they players can see each others screen because they compose of different elements i.e. CTB has fruits while Osu has numbers.

The score bars would be different colors at the top...speaking of scores there is a catch. In order for this mode to work, the players' scores would have to somehow be balanced out. A formula, perhaps?

It would be awesome if there were VS and Co-Op modes for this idea, and why not push the cover off the box? WHat if one could play Taiko at the same time (keyboard or drum set)? The Taiko notes could come along at the top of the screen where it wouldn't bother the CTB player...

ZOMG I just had an epiphany.

What if there was a Co-Op Mode for three simultaneous players, Osu, Catch the Beat, and Taiko? Notes come into the screen on the in a Taiko strip on the top of the screen. Then, if they hit the notes correctly, the notes fall down onto the CTB's players' screen. If they catch the notes, at the end of the combo when the fruits explode they turned into Osu notes?

Get it?

Either way, I just like the combination of simultaneous-screen multiplayer action coupled with the fact it's two different games at once. Sure it sounds hectic, but hey, that's part of the fun.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.