forum

[invalid] Taiko beatmap background display

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Demae_old
I used to play Taiko Mode and really enjoyed the background images, slideshows and videos in the beatmaps. These used to be fully displayed on the screen but it seems that later updates changed the interface.

The upper part of the screen was replaced with a large wallpaper banner, a black banner with the beatmap's title was added across the middle of the screen, and the gameplay section's background is no longer transparent.

Compared to:

I find that unnecessarily blocking out most of the the image / video takes so much away from the game's experience. I would really like to be able to play with uncovered imagery as I did before, or at least understand why these changes were made.
Thank you. ^_^
MMzz
The top bar has always been there. It gets deleted when there is a high SB load in the map, you will see this often in osu!converted maps.
Topic Starter
Demae_old
Ahh o.o I just think it would be much more pleasant to have the option to see the background like in the first screenshot, without the top wallpaper banner, middle title banner, and opaque gameplay section.
Or maybe there's a way to do this manually that I don't know about? D:
JhowM

Demae wrote:

Or maybe there's a way to do this manually that I don't know about? D:
You can make them transparent by skinning.

The scrolling bar files are "taiko-slider.png" and "taiko-slider-fail.png"
The grey bar files are called "taiko-bar-right.png" and "taiko-bar-right-glow.png"
Luna
That won't help much though, since BGs without SB are not anchored at the top.
KuuuGR
I agree with Demae. Is anything changes since this four years?
Stefan

KuuuGR wrote:

I agree with Demae. Is anything changes since this four years?
This is still doable by your own, if necessary get some help by the community to make the necessary skin files transparent.

The only problem that remains is that one, Luna pointed out. However, I don't count that will change since converts are not optimized for Taiko, while Taiko-specific maps are for the most time by the mappers theirself.