forum

[resolved] no fail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +235
Topic Starter
nazenaze
This feature is nice for new players, so they can keep playing after failing, but i don't like how it works.
I spend most of osu! time at multi and sometimes there's just like 1-2 tables with weaker players trying to play harder songs with no fai - some of them would be able to finish the song without NF, some wont be and some players can S these tracks.. but no matter how u've performed your score will be halved - I don't like that :P

I would like NoFail to halve the score only if u've had to use it (the drain ate u, etc.), so that multiplayer games would be more newplayers friendly (most of them are stopping playing/rage quiting after failing) and better players can still make new high scores :>

theowest edit: very similar "continue playing request" duplicate
peppy
Very interesting concept. Can't wait to hear what people think of this.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

LuigiHann wrote:

On the other hand, I can picture it being kind of cool to have the mod icon show up kind of transparent at the start of the song, and then if you hit 0hp there's a crash sound and your score is halfed, and the NoFail icon lights up. It'd be dramatic.
+1 support

And for the really edgy players, give an option to turn the NoFail savior OFF. (Basically how it is now)
awp
Echo
Or make it like no-video, enabling it for yourself only.
Gabi

Echo wrote:

YES!! THIS ^

once i was playing and i didn't notice the nofail mod (yes i know it makes you have to click ready again), it made me complete the map with bad accuracy, which was slightly annoying.
Gemi

awp wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

If it works the way you suggest, there'd be no reason to ever disable it (since there's no penalty for having it on)
This is my biggest objection. Maybe 0.8x for not having to use it and 0.5x if you have to use it (when it is enabled).
I wholeheartedly agree with what awp suggested.
Nakata Yuji
I completely support this.
Agka

LuigiHann wrote:

I think NoFail has sort of a psychological component to it
see sudden death
Echo
I completely disagree with the original concept of no fail only cutting your score if you use it. It's unfair. If you use it, you've used it, whether you've failed or not. Even a smaller multiplier is unfair imo.
Sir Minelli

Echo wrote:

I completely disagree with the original concept of no fail only cutting your score if you use it. It's unfair. If you use it, you've used it, whether you've failed or not. Even a smaller multiplier is unfair imo.
I agree. After all, players that actually feel like using "No Fail", is because they know the can't pass the beatmap, so in order to do so, they activate "No Fail" and get to enjoy all of the beatmap.

From my point of view, the fact of letting "No Fail" reduce your score multiplier once you do fail, wont work.
Why? Because if this is applied, then some players wont really work hard for passing the map, knowing that they will always have "No Fail" there, and that it will only reduce their score if they fail.

I'm also against the small multiplier. Awp's opinion sounded quite interesting at the beginning, but then again, it's basically the same logic of letting "No Fail" reduce points when you do fail, even though you lost some when you activated previously.

Activating "No Fail" should automatically reduce your score multiplier as it is. Otherwise everyone would leave it on as Luigi said.
KawaiiLily

Gabi wrote:

Echo wrote:

YES!! THIS ^

once i was playing and i didn't notice the nofail mod (yes i know it makes you have to click ready again), it made me complete the map with bad accuracy, which was slightly annoying.
YEYSYEYYEYESYEYES!!!!!
PLEASE YES!
Nachy

LuigiHann wrote:

I can picture it being kind of cool to have the mod icon show up kind of transparent at the start of the song, and then if you hit 0hp there's a crash sound and your score is halfed, and the NoFail icon lights up. It'd be dramatic.

Maybe it could work like that for Multi only, and still use current behavior in Solo play.
This.
Hyperworm

Daniellynet wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Echo wrote:

YES!! THIS ^

YEYSYEYYEYESYEYES!!!!!
PLEASE YES!
This seems to be the only uncontroversial suggestion so far.

If we were to go this way, would it be a good idea to have some kind of indication in the game lobby showing who's using NoFail?
Daru
Oh, I typed up two paragraphs only to read up on the rest of the thread and realize that it was all said already.

So....

+1 per-user basis in MP
No Support for original concept
Topic Starter
nazenaze

Daru wrote:

+1 per-user basis in MP
No Support for original concept
+2 :)
Jinxy

LuigiHann wrote:

Maybe it could work like that for Multi only, and still use current behavior in Solo play.
This.
I dont want always-on NoFail in solo. >_>
Soaprman
I don't think nofail on a per-user basis would work in coop mode though.

I guess the original concept would be kind of useful on maps where the HP drain is so high that it's just artificial difficulty but overall I think it's fine as it is now. I get pissed off when I forget to turn off nofail before playing a map and passing it normally just as anyone else does, but that's part of life or something!
show more