forum

Skylanders Skin v1.3b (Supports All Modes, Complete)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
This is my skin that I've made for hours with GIMP 2.8. I skinned (almost) every sprite to be used during gameplay. For osu!mania, I decided to cover the beatmap's background and storyboard so that I might not get distracted by the moving sprites, because I'm above the 600th global rank. Also, this skin uses new skin style and Taiko sound samples.

Features:
-Ignores every beatmap font for hitcircles and score (except for skin-preferred)
-Section judging and combobursts disabled (sprites and audio, except for few skinned beatmaps)
-Taiko spinner warning is shown with a big green hitcircle

v1.3 Update
SPOILER
- Revamped Stealth Elf Catch the Beat character
- New osu!mania hint sprite
- Almost all of the sprites have been skinned, except the scorebar!

v1.3b Update
SPOILER
Thanks to user deadbeat for providing suggestions to improve this skin. Here are some changes that I made:
- Added virtual drum on the left side of the Taiko playfield
- Removed menu-osu.png as it appears to be unusable
- Recolored hit circle select (in editor) for a bettor look while selecting a part of sliders

Download Now (v1.3b)

Ayesha Altugle
This is the skin i've looking for

btw. what font did you use for your skin?
markin lt regular
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
I have updated this skin to 1.1 which features a new look of the hitcircles. It also features a new cursor which allows me to distinguish where my cursor is, especially for spinners, and also a newer mode selection menu.
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
I have updated this skin with the new Catch the Beat character replacement, I made this sprite by myself! Check the changelog for further changes.
Abygall
Cute skin . :D
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
I have updated this skin to 1.3. Apologies that I made the previous Stealth Elf character a "silly" look, but for this new version I have revamped the look of that character.

This skin is now complete of its image skin parts. Also, it would be great if the optional skin sounds are added, such as character voices and menu click sounds.Feel free to post them in this thread.
deadbeat
as i stated through pm, menu-osu.png no longer works
also the taiko drum area just seems so empty :(

there must be something you can add there. even if it's just a basic drum with that water symbol in it
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
Thanks to user deadbeat for providing suggestions to improve this skin. I have updated this skin to 1.3b that's now available for download.
Ayesha Altugle
menu-osu.png still works as in the screenshot below which is invisible image rather than pink osu! logo
seen after watching a failed replay

This screenshot uses Skylanders Skin v1.3
deadbeat
i thought it got fixed :/
wierd
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
Are there any more suggestions to improve this skin? If it's complete, feel free to move this skin.
deadbeat
i forgot about this until like 5 minutes before i had to leave for work :<
i'll redownload and check again when i get home though :)
deadbeat
sorry, for delay, any way to fix this?

once that's fixed, this should be good to move :)
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
I always wondered how the score and accuracy figure on the top right works, although it greatly works on combo numbers, play combo and results figures. If there's an update for which you can use custom values for that conflict, it would have been fixed. I tried this my resizing these sprites and changing the value of the overlap, but the same occurred.
deadbeat
ah, found the fix.
in skin.ini change ScoreOverlap: 7 to ScoreOverlap: 1
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
Umm... I'm not sure if this would be a good idea. Reducing the overlap value not only to improve visibility of the score but increases the space between the font sprites and the mania combo.

Edit: If we have another skin.ini setting that allows us to set the ovelap values of the score/accuracy, combo, mania combo and spinner bonuses individually, then it's the solution of this conflict. Agree?
deadbeat
well if that's not a possible fix, then i have no idea sorry :<
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
Don't worry about the closings of the score numbers at the top right of the screen, it's OK for me. :)
deadbeat
just confirming, so if you change ScoreOverlap from 7 to 1, it'll mess something else up?
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
If I'd change the Score Overlap value to 1 it improves the visibility of the current score and accuracy but it would mess up the combo, spinner bonuses and the results screen figures to avoid unneeded spacing. So it would be the best if this value remains 7 as it utilizes different widths of these font sprites, don't worry about the top right figures.
show more