forum

Rival Ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,199
Topic Starter
ryza
Similar to Friend Ranking and Global Ranking, etc, another ranking section to add to the drop down list. But in Rival Ranking you get to choose which players appear here...

I have a lot of people added as friends, but very few of them I actually care about beating in osu, so the friend ranking is pretty useless to me (most of the time). It would be nice to have a section where I could actually see the players I care about, I think this would be a lot more meaningful.

Removing a lot of my friends doesn't seem like a proper solution (especially with random PM's turned off)

Anyways, yeah.
KinkiN
Addition : How about Rivalry System? So when you develop a rivalry relationship with someone, you can compete with them !

Rival(s) list will appear here. BUT you need his/her permission to become a mutual rival! ( No one-sided rivalry. somehow i don't like it lol)

By this i mean when your rival beats your best performance, a notification will appear saying " [Rival Name] has beaten one of your best performance! Click here ....... " or something like that. This notification will appear in-game ,when you're online. if your rival beats your best performance when you're offline, the notification will appear when you login on osu!

And because sometimes best performance didn't make a sense, so another option you can create your own " Best Ranks" ! (max 10 beatmaps)

And because it's really hard to be implemented (imo), how about making it limited to supporters and ex-supporters?

And lastly, support !
Kingkevin30
I really love it to compete against Rivals

Otonashi Yuzuru wrote:

And because it's really hard to be implemented (imo), how about making it limited to supporters and ex-supporters?
yeah that would be a good idea.

+10
charlotteawoo

Otonashi Yuzuru wrote:

Why do people say these things?

Sounds pretty easy considering he already has it for the friends list.
KinkiN

Charleyzard wrote:

Otonashi Yuzuru wrote:

Why do people say these things?

Sounds pretty easy considering he already has it for the friends list.
If you think that is easy, well dunno. But one thing for sure is : It's as same as Country ranks etc. , easy to implement but limited to supporters (even ex-supporters didn't get it) so my idea is better because ex-supporters still can use this feature :)
Topic Starter
ryza
No need for anything fancy, if peppy wants to implement such features in the future that's up to his discretion, but that's not really the point of this thread.

It's really just an in-game thing to more easily find the scores of players you care about.

Also, this request is inherently supporter only, due to the other similar features currently implemented also being supporter only.
Magnolia
bumping this because i love the idea :3
Eldirlol
/bump
Even if becomes limited to supporters its a nice little gimmick :)
- L A U R A -
Want it so bad... think it would be a cool change not just to have friends on osu!.
I mean... nearly everybody has rivals :D
Sonny B
+27 support
So often I look in ranking's/country ranking to see if the people I'm closest to in skill are there, and try to beat them. I think it'd be a nice gimmick It could possibly be used by clans aswell or in close knit friend groups to have mini rivalries :)
Renske_old

Yuzuru wrote:

+1
[ Katsu ]
Awesome idea +1 from me. Would be nice to compare with a certain few people that i'm not friends with.
Kurokami
I really like this idea but I guess this will be a supporter feature and I just don't really want to pay for this only. q.q
Kuchibiiru
I would love if their was a rival feature. Maybe have it send you a message in-game whenever your rival gets a higher score/rank on a song.
Azer
Really want this.
Baronot

Kuchibiiru wrote:

I would love if their was a rival feature. Maybe have it send you a message in-game whenever your rival gets a higher score/rank on a song.
As someone who loves competing with friends, this has all my want.
PyaKura
Sounds cool. It would be nice if it is implemented, but I can live without it.
I do agree that scrolling through ~30 friends who are ahead of me in the friend ranking is annoying sometimes tho.
LexiaLovesU
Yeah this will actually give a purpose to the manage rivals since now it really has none support~
Lako
DENKOUSEKKA
I would get supporter just for this feature
show more