forum

Ability to recieve chat notifications while in bosskey.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
RBRat3
I thought it would be nice to be able to receive chat HL & PM (and anything else applicable) notifications while in boss key either via balloon popup, icon, or audible cue. While this partially defeats the purpose of having a boss mode I'll take a bat to the face to have it optable :>

silmarilen

RBRat3 wrote:

While this partially defeats the purpose of having a boss mode
you already said it yourself, the bosskey is there to make it look like osu isnt active, doing something like this goes against that idea
Kei
^ that. if you want to receive chat notifications/hl then don't use the bosskey mode. :p
dkun
I don't see a problem with this. Would be a bit nice to have rather than having an IRC client side-by-side with osu! running.
Topic Starter
RBRat3

silmarilen wrote:

you already said it yourself, the bosskey is there to make it look like osu isnt active, doing something like this goes against that idea
It only goes against in part, unless you happen to be receiving 200 million notifications per second it will still serve its function. In terms of out of box use it was already defeated when the icon is still visible in the notification area until you opt to hide it. That's where notifications by icon can still apply and functionality will be virtually left unchanged.

Kei wrote:

if you want to receive chat notifications/hl then don't use the bosskey mode. :p
It's a novelty and minor convenience, In the case of using balloons with icon notifiers it can show detail in the said notification where you can choose to respond now or later depending on priority without raising the window rather than having a mysterious gold lit application alert.

In my case this functionality would enable me to ultimately get rid of my dependence on an irc client which doesn't occupy the application area nor would I need to wait for the renderer to kick back on just to check the details of what it was after osu! has been idling for an extended period of time. Also gives me the freedom of having the client semi-ondemand when having the urge to test/try out something or just play.
TheVileOne
Only if it's able to be turned off. In other words: No.
Ekaru
I would like this, actually. At resolutions like 1024x768 you don't have very much space on the menu bar so being able to have osu! in the system tray while still receiving chat notifications would be very convenient for me.
Winshley
Bumping this.

Why not just the icon? At least they're quite concealed, isn't it?
Myke B
Sometimes I like to have Osu! open while other games are open, but Osu! has to be up in the background slowing stuff down unless it's bosskey'd. The only reason I leave it on most of the time is to receive messages from people. If I could still be aware when messages get sent in bosskey, that would be dope. The point of bosskey isn't to make it inactive - if you really wanted that you could just close it ><. This would be an awesome idea if it could be toggled.
- Marco -
Why not make a button when you do this in boss mode and one without this?
Faishal Akbar
i think this feature is useful and needs to bumped to first page.

+1
Airee
Bringing this back... Maybe a not boss key? Just rename it but have this ability?
VeilStar

Winshley wrote:

I'd be all for the icon changing to notify the user that there's unread notifications.
Minami Hasaki

VeilStar wrote:

Winshley wrote:

I'd be all for the icon changing to notify the user that there's unread notifications.
I second this notion.
Nanosinix
Maybe if bosskey is turned on, you can right click Osu! in the tray and maybe there would be an option for "Enable message alerts" or something?

If not, then I support VeilStar's idea of a changing icon. :)