forum

Touhou

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
*Download at end of post*

Two Three things I should note.

1. The cursor can be hard to see with shader effects enabled during spinners.
2. I've used 7 combobursts. They are all larger than the current ranking guidelines allow. If this lags you up, please remove them. The 7 combobursts are characters featured in PCB. (playables, alice, youmu, yuyuko, and yukari)
3. Not everything in here is final. I have placed a couple things in here while I wait for replacements.

All suggestions and feedback would be nice.

Thanks to:
-dumpsterdiver
-Aqua92
-Sanae

UPDATE: Version 0.2
- Combobreak.wav added
- Countdown changed to feature the Prismriver Sisters (Hey Zerostarry, you can get that map approved now)
- Selection-random changed
- Couple comboburst changes

UPDATE: Version 0.3
- Changed star2.png.
- Using fewer combobursts. Additional Combobursts will be available as a separate download.
- lighting.png added.
- menu-button-background.png added. (At least i don't think it was in 0.2)
- SongSelectActiveText: 255,215,0 (Highlighted song displays goldish colored text.)

UPDATE: Version 0.4
-Slightly reduced image size of combobursts.
-Reduced image size of scorebar-colour.png and scorebar-bg.png.
-Alternate scorebar-colour.png (scorebar-colour-ALTERNATE).png included for those who do not like how I make the scorebar.
-Added a missing pixel to star.png.
-Lowered all menu sounds by 1.5 dB.
-Thanks to Sanae: ranking-back, ranking-replay, ranking-retry, pause-back, pause-continue, pause-retry. All should have correct Japanese now.
-Removed GAME OVER.

Download here: (Warning: Create a new folder to extract to.)
http://up.ppy.sh/files/touhou0.4.rar
Derekku
This is very well done so far! I feel like I'm actually playing a Touhou game! :) (Wait... I've never played a Touhou game... oops@)

Anyway, when I do get into my Touhou addiction, I'll be sure to use this skin XD
Daru
This is genius simply because of the menu sounds. :|

I approve, though it kinda makes me want to make my own...
Kumiho
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
Good, now I can default my collab to this skin and I can save myself some time on combobursts.
Gabi
i usually dont like skins, but i have started using this because its amazing ^^ the only thing i removed was the spinner because i cant see my mouse cursor when spinning.

other then that awesome ^^ love the slider ball hahaha
nomedeusuarionaodisp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CptButtBalls
Topic Starter
Cyclone

KrazyKannibal wrote:

if i could make a suggestion, i think replacing the record scratch sound when you drop a combo with the death sound from the touhou games when you lose a life would be a most righteous idea.

Wow, can't believe I didn't think of that myself. I'll definitely add it. Thanks.
CptButtBalls
yeah, that's my feel-good moment for the day then :D

i was kind of started with a Touhou skin myself, but i don't mind just giving you some of my ideas instead.

the only idea that didn't suck actually, now that i think about it, was to use the hakkero as the cursor.

also, i found the full sized individual images of this wallpaper (http://tinyurl.com/o2v62b) and i wanted to use those for the combo bursts. if you want, i could make the combo burst images (there is a lot of work to make them usable) and give them to you, or you stick with those SWR images if you want. i just wanna help.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I have a feeling the lighting on those would make it a bad choice for combobursts, though i guess i'd have to see it the real thing. Either way, I was planning on creating alternate sprites for a few things, then let users download them seperately and change if they so pleased(since everybody has their own favorites of the characters) Those combobursts could always be included there regardless i guess...

EDIT: If you wish to test the death sound out, and give me feedback on the volume, etc. here it is.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/combobreak.wav
CptButtBalls
i really like how it works so well with the skin, but i think its a little too loud for the more relaxed and slower songs, although the volume is nearly perfect for the more powerful songs, i think. other then that, i have no real criticismz.

btw, ive been mostly motivated to make my own touhou skin (probably for private use, since im no good) so ill get working on those combobursts anyways. ive got a lot of stuff to put up with before i can do that though (exams, eagle project, college admissions, etc) so im probably going to die before i can even get started. fml
Topic Starter
Cyclone

KrazyKannibal wrote:

i really like how it works so well with the skin, but i think its a little too loud for the more relaxed and slower songs, although the volume is nearly perfect for the more powerful songs, i think. other then that, i have no real criticismz.
Nothing i can really do about that. Mappers should equalize the maps themselves.
Aqua
yay at last an upload^^

love this skin =)
Tyty210
So you finally released it, eh?

Looks like I'll have a chance to do that bonus skin I was planning on releasing with my Touhou skin. :P
azuki
Please endure my poor English
It's a very nice skin :)
but there is several points or a funny mark for translation.

fail-background.png
ゲームオーバー or Touhou's style is 満身創痍
I think that 満身創痍 is better

pause-back.png
タイトルへ戻る
The one that I do not translate thinks Quit whether it is nature

pause-continue.png
ゲームに戻る or Touhou's style is 一時停止を解除する

pause-retry.png
If I translate it properly このゲームに再挑戦する

ranking-back.png
I think,やめます is more natural than やめる

ranking-replay.png
hmm,Though it is a difficult place.
リプレイ(再演) is better?
reply is just used with a replay in Touhou

ranking-retry.png
リトライ or やり直す or If you go as original form 再び試みる

selection-random.png
It does not need です

selection-mods.png
This is the most difficult
Probably Japanese does not have words to fall under mod
I think that only メニュー is more natural
I do not have much confidence here...

All these are suggestion.
You please decide it entirely XD
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I actually wasn't in charge of making the japanese fonts, nor was the person who WAS in charge 100% confident in the translations, so I appreciate it.

I'll look into this soon.
Aqua

azuki wrote:

Please endure my poor English
It's a very nice skin :)
but there is several points or a funny mark for translation.

fail-background.png
ゲームオーバー or Touhou's style is 満身創痍
I think that 満身創痍 is better

pause-back.png
タイトルへ戻る
The one that I do not translate thinks Quit whether it is nature

pause-continue.png
ゲームに戻る or Touhou's style is 一時停止を解除する

pause-retry.png
If I translate it properly このゲームに再挑戦する
I think that either is good

ranking-back.png
I think,やめます is more natural than やめる

ranking-replay.png
hmm,Though it is a difficult place.
リプレイ(再演) is better?
reply is just used with a replay in Touhou

ranking-retry.png
リトライ or やり直す or If you go as original form 再び試みる

selection-random.png
It does not need です

selection-mods.png
This is the most difficult
Probably Japanese does not have words to fall under mod
I think that only メニュー is more natural
I do not have much confidence here...

All these are suggestion.
You please decide it entirely XD
translations were done by me...
sry cyclone :S
Tyty210
Ah, you didn't skin the hit or mod selection yet.

I assume those will come later?

Also, surprised there was no skinf for CtB either, theres quite a few things one could do for CtB.

But I will say, I love the spinner. :3
SuzumiyaKyon
I've been playing an excessive amount of the Touhou games that I have downloaded, and while playing Phantasmagoria of Flower View, I thought it would be cool if you had the Winner banner for Section Pass & Dead Parrot for Section Fail. And how do you get the sprites & pictures you used?
show more