forum

goreshit - semantic compositions on death and its meaning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
grumd
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 29 марта 2015 г. at 01:21:25

Artist: goreshit
Title: semantic compositions on death and its meaning
Tags: nature of dying o'er the flood looming shadow of a tree long gone breakcore marathon
BPM: 171
Filesize: 18624kb
Play Time: 11:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Mortem Sensum (5,5 stars, 3054 notes)
Download: goreshit - semantic compositions on death and its meaning
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

semantic compositions on death and its meaning by goreshit:
1. the nature of dying, 171 bpm
2. o'er the flood, 194 bpm
3. looming shadow of a tree long gone, 222 bpm

Warning: If you can't do 222 bpm, don't play it without NoFail. Failing after 9 minutes is quite sad.

Banner: Kheops
Shiro
huie first ?

first three offsets need +20, fourth needs +3

kd or not I don't care, up to you
Topic Starter
grumd
Guud, changed timing! Thanks!
SapphireGhost
Topic Starter
grumd
This is now officially BAT-only thread. Yay.
mancuso_JM_

grumd wrote:

So, I want to figure out here as well haha
Btw, nice job as always grumd ;)
riffy

grumd wrote:

[General]
  1. You've missed some tags: Breakcore Techno Compilation and maybe Marathon
  2. Maybe you need an epilepsy warning. SB has some flashing elements.
  3. Ask someone to move it to Pending Beatmaps forum. Or do it yourself.
[Mortem Sensum]
  1. Try HP Drain 7, it will make that awesome map a bit more challenging!
  2. 02:01:520 (8) - NC nazi - consider adding NC here. I feel like it fits here and it also makes your comboing a bit more consistent.
  3. 02:58:362 (5) - just saying, that this slider in the middle of a stream sounds a little bit awkward. Consider replacing it with circles to make a long stream here.
  4. 03:08:626 (6) - NC nazi - this slider has totally different sound from 03:07:573 (1,2,3,4,5) - that's why I want you to add NC here. Not a big deal, anyway.
  5. 03:39:854 (1,2,3,4) - NC nazi - meh, I already hate that combo mod. :< Consider adding NCs on hose slider to point out slider velocity changes.
  6. 05:21:420 (1) - have you missed a whistle here? This beat sounds better with whistle hitsound here, imo.
  7. 10:28:629 (6,7) - I'd replace them with 1/8 slider here. 1/8 slider will fit here better, imo.
Oh man, you are right. There's nothing to point out, tha map is awesome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Star! ~
Topic Starter
grumd
Added "breakcore marathon" tags.
Added epilepsy warning.
Moved to Pending Forums.
Didn't add any new combos because that will cause FUCKING HUGE problems with combo colors haxing. I don't want to fix every combo of a 10 minute song once again.
Didn't change rhythm and hitsounds in nature of dying part because I want to keep it authentic with the ranked one.
Didn't add 1/8 slider because the music sounds at 1/4. That 1/8 follows nothing, why should I do it?
dkun
how to mod perfection
-Kazu-
Can i make a Taiko? or maybe collab with someone? :c
Topic Starter
grumd

kazukisinx wrote:

No.
cheesiest
looming tree sounds like a pinball machine
-Kazu-

grumd wrote:

kazukisinx wrote:

No.
Ok,good luck anyways :3
RLC
when playing, a few things caught my attention:

automatic stacking does ugly things to the end of streams--especially ones that were meant to be linear.

01:05:819 (4,5) -
01:37:398 (10,1) -
03:17:047 (5,1) -
06:39:438 (4,6) -

(i may have missed a few... but you get the idea.)

In each of these cases, I suggest that you manually stack by moving the second object down and right by one grid. or you could adjust stack leniency so that they don't even stack at all--but I think manually stacking is better.

01:15:292 - there was a break here in original nature of dying, like the one you have at 03:52:485 -
01:16:696 - original kiai intentionally removed? and on the topic of kiai, why no kiai section for looming shadow ;_; that ending is so intense but only has a mere fountain at the beginning

your usage of sharper, linear sliders was rather sporadic in looming shadow:

10:19:034 (1,2) - kinda surprised you didn't make these jagged linear sliders
10:36:331 (1,2) - same
10:41:331 (6,1) - same
10:44:980 (1) - same
10:58:764 (7) - same
11:02:142 (1,3) - same
11:07:277 (5) - same
etc. etc.

and then you have some like 10:57:683 (8) - and 11:04:710 (3) - that don't seem to match anything particularly "special" in the music. appearance-wise, they look fine--it's just that your style in the rest of the map establishes jagged sliders as special. dunno, just my two cents.

anyhow, all suggestions, feel free to ignore.
Topic Starter
grumd
Original nature of dying had stack leniency 5, fixed.
Added a break there, yeah.
Don't know what's wrong with 01:16:696 - original n.o.d. had no kiai there.
Added kiai on looming shadow part.
Made the edgy sliders more consistent. Anyway I was just mapping it as I wanted without any deep thoughts about music changes there. When I thought that edgy thingy fits, I placed it. Didn't remove the sliders which don't fit anything "special", but changed parts when special sliders should better be placed.
Thanks for the mod!
Stefan
Star because Katze likes o'er the flood.

And because I like nature of of dying.

And because the Map is ;v; oAO (good)
Andrea
~General~
  1. I would try to add more tags if I were you like "remix long map challenge deathstreams high bpm" or some stuff like that.
~Mortem Sensum~
  1. 04:38:450 (6) - Unsnapped slider end, please make sure to resnap it properly.
  2. 10:46:467 (2,3,4) - I think it would be cool to stack this pattern to the previous one, something like this.
  3. 11:03:358 (1) - What do you think about adding a finish here? It would fit perfectly with the music background if you do.
  4. 11:07:277 (5) - Add a whistle on slider repeat to give a nice effect with the music, you can hear the "brrzz" effect, if we can call it like that.
  5. 11:11:061 (2) - Same as above for the same reason.
Nice map, good luck. ^^
[Luanny]

cheesiest wrote:

looming tree sounds like a pinball machine
what the fuck

also AHSDAHSDFAHFASAJDASGFGJAFJ PRO
Topic Starter
grumd
I really don't want to flood tags this time. I was even against "breakcore marathon", wanted to keep just the song names.
About that "unsnapped slider": it's not unsnapped. It's just because next red line starts earlier than the slider ends, so its end is snapped to previous timing.
Other than that, everything fixed. + added one more finish and couple of similar whistles.

Thanks for the mod :3
Andrea
You're welcome!

And anyways, yeah, I understand now.
show more