forum

Sum 41 - Makes No Difference (Authentic)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
This wasn't properly timed, some beats weren't in the same place as on the DS, and I don't really like rip-offs like these. Time it properly, and make your own beatmap, I say.
Topic Starter
Kai

Loginer wrote:

This wasn't properly timed, some beats weren't in the same place as on the DS, and I don't really like rip-offs like these. Time it properly, and make your own beatmap, I say.
If was the same beat from DS i would call it EBA-makes no differece but i didn't i just tried to copy not to make it exactly llike the game
Fox
Nothing wrong with it not being exactly a DS-Port, really. But Loginer was right, the timing is wrong (and also different in every difficulty), the beats are not properly put at some places and also out of time.

This needs a lot of fixing, although it's off to a good start. c:
Topic Starter
Kai

Fox wrote:

Nothing wrong with it not being exactly a DS-Port, really. But Loginer was right, the timing is wrong (and also different in every difficulty), the beats are not properly put at some places and also out of time.

ill try but, what would be the best timing?
Fox

Kai wrote:

Fox wrote:

ill try but, what would be the best timing?
Actually, I haven't figured it out yet myself, it's always a bit hard. One thing I'm sure of, it has to be slower.
Topic Starter
Kai
i think i found the correct timing is BPM 130
Green_Wolf_Dog
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Kai
the timing is the same on all difficulties i hope is the correct one
Extor
Topic Starter
Kai
done :( :o :shock: 8-)
Extor
Check your offset, is "9" instead of "9158". (At least in hard)

Also, be sure to resnap all the notes and check the length of all the sliders. Also use a 1/4 divisor always.

I really want to have this beatmap in the rankings so, try to fix those things. =D

Cya!
Topic Starter
Kai

Extor wrote:

Check your offset, is "9" instead of "9158". (At least in hard)

Also, be sure to resnap all the notes and check the length of all the sliders. Also use a 1/4 divisor always.

I really want to have this beatmap in the rankings so, try to fix those things. =D

Cya!
i tried but it only put 9 idk why it does that
Topic Starter
Kai
i hope is ok now
Echo
You definitely didn't resnap all notes, because Hard (I only checked that) is still a mess.

Extor's timing is wrong, in my opinion.

Try:
BPM = 215.05 or 107.52, depending on which you prefer
Offset = 8890

Remember to choose Timing -> Resnap all notes and Timing -> Recalculate slider lengths after changing the timing. Then play through and make sure they're all snapped correctly.
Topic Starter
Kai
done changes at Hard and Insane (in timing and on some beats)
Dark Deception_old
I love this beatmap! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sorry. I even added up the hits from the four levels:

300: 375
100: 122
50: 15
Elite Beats: 68
Beats: 64
Misses: 42

I hope this beatmap gets approved soon. Thank-Q!
eyup
Breezin:
  1. 00:37:65 - Slider slightly too long, you forgot to recalc length?
  2. 00:46:58 - Slider 1/4 beat too long.
  3. 01:18:38 - Slider too long again.
  4. 01:27:24 - Slider too long by HALF a note!
  5. 02:25:07 - Again, HALF a beat too long!
  6. 02:32:74 - Slider too long by 1/4 beat, this is repeated for the next couple of sliders.
Cruisin:
  1. 00:45:18 - Slider is too long by 1/4 beat...
  2. 01:25:22 - ...and again.
  3. 01:42:94 - Again...
  4. 01:48:44 - ...and again...
  5. 01:57:49 - ...and again!!!
  6. 02:13:63 - Guess.
  7. 02:24:81 - .......
Sweatin:
  1. 02:14:19 (1,2,3) - those are all early by 1/4 of a beat.
  2. 02:31:77 - slider is too long by 1/4 beat. Rearrange the next three notes (2,3,4) to sync with the guitar. Same problem occurs with the same phrases later on, make the same changes to those.
Hard Rock:
  1. 00:36:39 (1,2,3) - those are a full HALF beat late!!! The slider is also too short by a 1/4 beat. The whole phrase should be the same as the one you have at 1:15.59, for example.
  2. 02:31:77 - exactly the same problem as in Sweatin'.
Seriously this is a pretty bad effort considering you're just reproducing an EBA map. I know there have been a few timing changes and all, but you should know by now that you have to check through carefully to make sure beats are snapped and slider lengths are OK. Some of the stuff is so obviously wrong that I don't know how it's possible to miss it, like the sliders that are a full half-note out. If you invest a bit of time checking through your stuff after a timing change, your maps will get ranked a hell of a lot quicker!
Topic Starter
Kai
eyup
Sorry I might have been a bit harsh on you, but I was pretty pissed off after seeing the 40th slider that was short, that's all :)

Breezin':
  1. 00:18:12 (2) - Beat not snapped properly.
  2. 00:36:39 (1,2) - Slider needs to be half a beat longer. Also, note 2 is not snapped properly.
  3. 00:45:18 (1) - Slider needs to be half a beat longer.
  4. 02:33:30 (1) - The end of this slider should be at 2:33.30. (i.e. slider is half a beat too long). This happens to the next 2 sliders as well.
  5. Is it just me, or do the approach circles seem too fast for Breezin'? Might want to put the Overall Difficulty setting in Song Setup down a a few notches.
Cruisin':
No problems here.

Sweatin':
  1. 00:39:32 (3) and 00:40:30 (3) - Both sliders need their length adjusted one notch longer.
  2. 00:46:30 (1) - Slider length is slightly off.
Hard Rock:
  1. 00:37:79 (3) - Slider too short.
  2. 01:58:14 (2) - This note is out of alignment with the rest of the combo.
  3. Circle size should be smaller by one notch I think. Uh, that might be confusing. What I mean is to make the circle size SMALLER, which means INCREASING the circle size slider. :P
It's OK if the mods told you to change the timing and said nothing else, but if you played through those older versions, even just in Edit Mode, you can hear very clearly that some sliders are wrong. Doesn't hurt to check your own map even if a mod hasn't told you to!

Anyway, fix those up, play through all four levels to make sure you're happy there's no more mistakes, then I think it will be ready for ranking. About time too!
show more