forum

Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashley
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 15 August 2013 at 12:09:21

Artist: Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
Title: Get Lucky
Tags: random access memories collab collaboration quiz-chan d33d doomsday xgor mash agent_spin_here randomjibberish nile rodgers disco robot
BPM: 116.05
Filesize: 6705kb
Play Time: 03:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Basic (0.92 stars, 174 notes)
  2. Daft (4.94 stars, 558 notes)
  3. Medium (4.14 stars, 392 notes)
Download: Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Up all night to click circles...
This is a collab map of Daft Punk's recent single 'Get Lucky', featuring mapping by Quiz-chan, D33d, Doomsday, Xgor, RandomJibberish and myself. I hope you enjoy it! :D
D33d
If you're going to change my hitnormals to softer sounds, then I'd rather you changed them to drumnormals instead of softnormals. Just saying. :P

I had normal finishes on those sliderends because having two soft finishes sounds weird--maybe a drumnormal with a normal finish would fit better.

Also, use fewer whistles please. The hitsound layering's there for a reason--you can put softs and drums on top of normals, which gives things emphasis without sticking out all over the place.
Jarby
Your mp3 had a couple of issues (~2dB lower than the actual single release and peaking at ~15KHz which is rather low for a 192kbps mp3), so I got a FLAC rip of the single and encoded it again for you.
Topic Starter
Mashley

D33d wrote:

If you're going to change my hitnormals to softer sounds, then I'd rather you changed them to drumnormals instead of softnormals. Just saying. :P

I had normal finishes on those sliderends because having two soft finishes sounds weird--maybe a drumnormal with a normal finish would fit better.

Also, use fewer whistles please. The hitsound layering's there for a reason--you can put softs and drums on top of normals, which gives things emphasis without sticking out all over the place.
I didn't change anything on your hitsounds.
And thanks for the mp3 Jarby!
Stefan
Don't know but personally I find Basic awful to play but this is caused by the Offset you set there. 139 won't work because the Slider and Circles SHOULD actually start on the Blue Tick before or after. (Actually only 02:57:993 (1) and 03:08:205 (2,3,4) should be mapped on the tick before)

Maybe you'll change it anyway, just wanted to say how do I think about that.

Of course this goes to the other two Diffs too.
Topic Starter
Mashley

Stefan wrote:

Don't know but personally I find Basic awful to play but this is caused by the Offset you set there. 139 won't work because the Slider and Circles SHOULD actually start on the Blue Tick before or after. (Actually only 02:57:993 (1) and 03:08:205 (2,3,4) should be mapped on the tick before)

Maybe you'll change it anyway, just wanted to say how do I think about that.

Of course this goes to the other two Diffs too.
Are you using an old version? Or did the mp3 not update properly?
D33d
Okay, this is the last time I'll post tiny updates, I swear. The hitsounds are all to my liking now.

Basic

Medium

Daft

By the way, my part of [Daft] needs SV changes, because they were needed in order to make blankets work properly. Somebody will point out unsnapped sliderends, so have this for when that happens.

Xgor
Basic
Medium
Daft

I'm using 0,85x - 0,9x timing sections in this diff so make sure you have those added in the map.
Topic Starter
Mashley
Nice parts Xgor :) Added
D33d
Are any of the other mappers going to pull their fingers out? I'm tempted to do more of it myself--if push comes to shove, we could always do it as a three-way collab. Maybe a four-way, given that RJ is usually more coaxable than the other two.
Topic Starter
Mashley

D33d wrote:

Are any of the other mappers going to pull their fingers out? I'm tempted to do more of it myself--if push comes to shove, we could always do it as a three-way collab. Maybe a four-way, given that RJ is usually more coaxable than the other two.
I'll bug them.
Doomsday
Finished my part, and got it stealthily added a couple of days ago. C'mon, you lot :P
Topic Starter
Mashley
Added a little finish trigger to the storyboard. :)
D33d
That trigger's adorable.

If I end up doing nothing else today, I'm going to hitsound other parts as needed, as I remember you asking me to have a go at yours. If I do that, then I'll upload the entire diffs so that you can straight-up replace them with the right timing sections as well. That is, if you don't mind doing it that way.

I need to hit RJ over the head.
Loooctav
-4 Offset :P
Xgor
http://puu.sh/2XtEu.osu

Did some changes on the hard based on suggestions from D33d
D33d
I changed one slider in that to follow the vocals and I've changed a part in mine as well. I also smoothed out that large wave in Dooms' diff, because the kink in it landed in an awkward place. However, those wave blankets still need tidying and I really don't think that the new overlaps work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/277 ... aft%5D.osu

I will go over the hitsounds of everything else if they sound too drab/fruity, then see if mm or DC can map the intro. That, then maybe bug RJ, although he and Mashley are experiencing the horrors of post-16 bullshit, I think. This map will be ranked.
Stefan

D33d wrote:

This map will be ranked.
I approve this message. Anyway if the Mapset is done, then poke me to mod it. :)
Kyujuroku 96
The artist name is not complete. Add Nile Rogers to artist name.
Topic Starter
Mashley

S v p e r wrote:

The artist name is not complete. Add Nile Rogers to artist name.
Nile contributed more generally to the whole album, he isn't credited as 'featuring' on this song.
See - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/get-l ... d636967993 only Pharrell is featured.
show more