forum

Left arrow key advancing instead.. [Resolved in b76]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Okay, I was working on my Normal-mode Vista beatmap, when I noticed I made an error. I tried to reverse back to it, but I found that the left arrow key by itself was moving me forward along the timeline instead of backwards. Shift-Left works okay, but it's a bit coarse... I wish I could figure out what the heck's happening. Restarting the program temporarily fixes it, but it just pops up again... Maybe it has to do with the BPM I have the song set at? Although I tried setting the BPM down to 165, and that didn't really fix things. Hmmm.

Edit: Okay, I restarted the program and this time it's still not working with ANY beatmap in the editor. Strange.

Edit 2: Okay, now it's only working with beatmaps other people have made. Mine won't rewind, but other people's beatmaps will... strange? :O
peppy
I'll look into this one. Do you mind attaching the osu file here? Or I guess I can try using your easy version - it has the same timings? Also - is this while paused, or is the song running? And how far does it skip forward?
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Eh, it's currently incomplete, but I'll attach my Normal .osu file.

Also, strange note... apparently, I can use the left arrow key while the song is playing, but not while it's paused or stopped.

Download: Going Under Ground - VISTA (ZZT) [Normal].osu
peppy
I hope thats not the final timings ;) seems very far out.

I cant get this to happen on my pc, but I'll look into it - should be fixable..

Edit: what snap divisor are you using? does this have any effect?

I've tested using your beatmap with bpm 160-1000 and can't seem to replicate :(. I found another bug in the process though.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Okay, I tried different snap divisors. Here were the results of the tests, at BPM 165:

Whole beat: Left arrow key works, but is about as coarse as Shift-Left
Half beat: Left arrow key does nothing
Quarter beat: Left arrow key does nothing
Eighth beat: Left arrow key advances timeline
Triplets: Left arrow key does nothing.

Straaange.
peppy
Sounds like its definitely related to the timings in your beatmap... only problem is, it doesn't happen for me or a few other testers :/.

What happens with the right arrow button? Does it skip waaay too far ahead?
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Well, not waaaay too far, but it does skip ahead farther than it should. Hmmmm. :|
peppy
IVE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Its your offset setting. Will be in fixed tonight's build (~40minutes ETA)

Edit: I really need to get more testing done on these new features I'm adding before releasing publicly, eh? They can sometimes have pretty unsightly side-effects.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Awesome! You're really on top of these things, buddy! :D
peppy
One more very important thing which will affect you in particular - I have reversed the direction of the offset. Make sure when you update to the new release, you change you offset to positive rather than negative. I realised this is the only direction you'd ever want to set it, so made the change.